Personality Cafe banner

ISFPs: with which types have you had most conflict and lack of understanding?

• INFJ

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • INFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • INTP

• ENTJ

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • ENTP

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • ISFJ

• ISFP

• ESFJ

• ESFP

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• ESTJ

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • ESTP

• I'm not an ISFP but wanted to vote!

Votes: 7 30.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a multiple choice poll so you can select several types.

if you could briefly describe the cause and nature of your misunderstandings with these types that would be great :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would say ENTP's, I don't really care to get into it but the last time I encountered an ENTP it ended with me smashing his head into a table.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've made friends with all kinds of personalities, my three best friends being ISTJ, INTJ and INTJ.
The three INFPs I met were all too sensitive for me, I ended up cutting ties with all of them because they would just start arguments about seemingly random things. I did my best to understand them, but it felt like we lived in some other phase of reality or something. For some reason I tried my best to change for all of them but it wasn't worth it in the end, we were just too different.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would say ENTJ. I injured the one I know in a little fight. 3 hard hits to the ribs and he was done. Felt so good.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I put ISTP and ENTP. I barely know one ISTP in real life and I have interacted with a few on the forums. They always seem like they are trying too hard to be "cool," some of the ones I met thought the ISFP's were too sensitive, but I would love to know one in real life to see if we can get along. ENTP I haven't met any in real life, and not much interaction on the forums, but from what I have heard, it doesn't sound like I would understand them very well.

Reactions: BleaK

·
Registered
879 Posts
ExTJs. All of the ones I've encountered have been assholes thus far.

Reactions: Lisa Rangga

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is no possible way for me to answer that as I'd have to know every person's type i've encountered, and unless you know them extremely well I think it's too hard to type someone's personality.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
There is no possible way for me to answer that as I'd have to know every person's type i've encountered, and unless you know them extremely well I think it's too hard to type someone's personality.
Bingo. I think this poll is rather pointless for this reason. All it's going to show is how some people feel about particular people they have known in real life--and that is very limited. Or here on these forums, and that is always skewed, because people are different in their online personas than in real life. So the results will be quite skewed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So you would think, this ENTP was friends with my friends so we were together a lot. After the "fight" I've met other ENTPs in real life and on the forums and came to the conclusion it was universal with all ENTPs. Besides maybe ESTPs I can say i've never had problems with any other types.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Understanding is a heart to heart matter. I experience lack of understanding with overtly rational people. People that have no heart. Even if they are intelligent they are simply not people, theres something missing.

Stupid people also but I don't fault them for it. The problem arises only when they lead without heart and communication becomes impossible. In that case stupid people tend to be better than intelligent people because they don't cause trouble, they don't know everything etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
An ENTJ father who believes a torturous workload is the backbone to any happy life.

And an ESTJ colleague who usually refuses to tolerate my methods of working. :'(

The ESTJ trouble was brief so I'll just vote ENTJ.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really try to avoid conflicts/misunderstandings and I haven't typed people that I've had conflicts with, so I'm not sure.

But I do know that some Ne-doms can get on my nerves. Ne all the time can be overwhelming and annoying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts