Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is the right place for this. This whole discussion might be better if moved to "Support and Suggestions."

They say "A new broom sweeps clean", but also "If it ain't broke don't fix it. Here are some issues off the top of my head.

1. Are there plans to implement some of the issues brought up to @VS_admin by members on another thread?
2. Will an option for type display be added? I came to this forum partly to learn about types by talking to people on non-type threads/discussions.
3. Is there an equivalent of "thanks"? I used the thanks given and thanks received stats to make it easier to talk to people by learning clues as to what kind of person they were.
4. How can I tell if someone has replied to me, say three days later? Following/subscriptions yields too much to read.
5. When I display "following", why does it display old messages so I have to click "Jump to latest"?
6. You may not want to answer this, but what types designed this new format? If it were me, I would have put at least one INTJ on the job.
7. I think I saw something about this new format being fast. Not for me, an INTP. For me it is vastly slower as I have to learn new habits and if they aren't better I will be discouraged. Again what type is promoting this? "Popular Communities" is fine for extroverts, but for me it is the "path less followed." It's the creative and unusual thread/discussion that has the highest value. This virus atmosphere may have brought many extroverts to PerC, but I'm going to guess introvert values are one of the reasons for PerC's success. Introverts are less likely to be a "squeaky wheel" but I've not taken a survey. Are you promoting a forum more extrovertedly designed?
8. #4. I asked someone to deliberately reply to a post of mine so I could check it out. While typing type a saw a little window flash something. No good. Absolutely no good. I post on dozens of threads and can't track disappearing flashes. How do I locate replies I haven't clicked on?
9. "Alerts." This is not user friendly. I haven't time to define what the problem is so I won't ask you for a reply.
10. I have more but can't recall them just now. Sorry if you've answered some of these elsewhere.
11. Here's one: search doesn't work. I could spell that out but don't know if you know that already.
12. Is there an edit timeout?

·
Registered
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I might as well continue:

13. I clicked on my avatar. Under "Alerts" there was a red 2. Then I clicked alerts. Going back the 2 disappeared without my looking. Am I supposed to remember there were 2 alerts if I'm occupied with the first one? Do I have to scroll thru pages of followed threads and then thru the thread to find the reply?

14. This is from the old system. It is the header of a typical post:
View First Unread, LinkBack, Thread Tools, Search Thread, Rate This Thread, Display

Below in the avatar box was Gender, # of posts, Join Date # of thanks.

At the bottom was more. Note the top post was the latest post which is very convenient.

I used some of the above frequently. I have yet to learn which are in the new format and which are not.

15. Do you want me to continue making these comments? Some may help PerC; some make not. I'd like to see PerC succeed. User friendly design is important for the success of any visual scheme.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
The thing about PerC being faster was related to page loading times.

When someone has replied to you, you will receive an alert or push notification if one of those is enabled in your user Preferences.

Cricket said in the thread you've referenced that our concerns about the new PerC would be taken into account.

Your dubious and borderline typist comments about extroverts are not really useful feedback.

Spending time trying to find an INTJ when there's a web development job at hand is unrealistic.

·
Registered
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your dubious and borderline typist comments about extroverts are not really useful feedback.

Spending time trying to find an INTJ when there's a web development job at hand is unrealistic.
You are right. Those comments are more appropriate for chatting. My Fi feelings and Ne attitude leaked through. I'd say they have political meaning with broader implications but don't apply to the narrower subject at hand.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
7. ...introvert values...

9. "Alerts." This is not user friendly. I haven't time to define what the problem is so I won't ask you for a reply.
I like not being spammed with a big, annoying, bright alert notification whenever there are new replies and stuff! Introvert values, bruh. Don't call us; we'll call you!

I'd like to have my blog reassembled, though.

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,810 Posts
I can't find the section with bans and infractions. Always entertaining to read :)

·
4,741 Posts
I can't find the section with bans and infractions. Always entertaining to read :)
unless you are in some usuregroup who can't see it for some reason (there has been some mess with the usergroups in fitting it into the new system (also why retired members are seen as banned now)), it should be here in community help, right above the posts.

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything. :)

Please take a moment to browse through our FAQs for frequent questions and answers and if you still have questions, let us know in the feedback thread.

- Cricket

·
Registered
51 Posts
I no longer see the MBTI type of the person posting on the forum. This was the most relevant piece of information in the thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts