Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I like humor in almost all forms. A couple of my favorites are Anjelah Johnson and Tim Hawkins.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I like sarcasm in particular but I'm opened to many types of comedy besides slap stick. I often find stand up comedy to be on edge and stressing but Anthony Jeselnik doesn't make it seem that way. I don't think your supposed to like him as others try to make you.

The easily offended shouldn't watch the video through this link: Anthony Jeselnik Stand Up

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Depends on my mood. At times, I like comedy that points out how people violate social norms and should really be candidates for the Darwin Awards. Other times, I go for so-called 'redneck' humor; I live out in the sticks and can appreciate it/poke fun at myself. Examples:
- Your coffee table used to be a cable spool.
- You go to a stock car race and don't need a program.
- Directions to your house include "Turn off the paved road."
- You have a rag for a gas cap (on a car that does run).
These are seriously funny, because I can relate to these.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Zach Galifinakas
Dave Chappelle
Jim Gaffigan (his stand-up about hot pockets is hilarious)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dane Cook isn't as funny as people act like he is.

And don't forget the epic crotch shots

I think a lot of people go through a Dane Cook phase - I know for a while there were some things he said I thought were funny.

Crotch shots never get old. Little kid with a baseball bat? You know what's coming.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like all types of comedy. sarcasm to redneck, slap stick to political humor.

I agree crotch shots never get old.

few comedians I like

Gabriel Iglesias - we have a friend who could be his twin.
Sinbad
Loni Love

Never had a Dane Cook moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pretty picky when it comes to comedy. My friends always give me a hard time because I'm not into many comedies. I'd much prefer a good drama.

Favorite Stand Up: Dave Chappelle, Pablo Francisco

Favorite Sitcoms: Married...With Children, Friends, King of Queens

Favorite Comedies: Office Space, Step Brothers, Groundhog Day

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm pretty picky when it comes to comedy. My friends always give me a hard time because I'm not into many comedies. I'd much prefer a good drama.

Favorite Stand Up: Dave Chappelle, Pablo Francisco

Favorite Sitcoms: Married...With Children, Friends, King of Queens

Favorite Comedies: Office Space, Step Brothers, Groundhog Day

I agree...I much prefer drama, but that is another thread.

Favorite sitcoms: Married...with Children, The Simpsons, Everybody loves Raymond.

Favorite Comedies: Airplane, This is my" get me out of my funk" movie, it always puts me into a good mood. Scary Movie, Office Space.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like sarcasm in particular but I'm opened to many types of comedy besides slap stick. I often find stand up comedy to be on edge and stressing but Anthony Jeselnik doesn't make it seem that way. I don't think your supposed to like him as others try to make you.

The easily offended shouldn't watch the video through this link: Anthony Jeselnik Stand Up
Did anyone end up following my link and watching this guys stand up by the way? I think that boy has something wrong with his head or just conscience :laughing:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Did anyone end up following my link and watching this guys stand up by the way? I think that boy has something wrong with his head or just conscience :laughing:
The disclaimer scared me off...

·
Registered
401 Posts
My type of comedy is usually more cynical. Satire/black comedy is the best imo. Sarcasm is great too. I agree with lakamind on Airplane. That movie cracks me up every time. Better Off Dead is another favorite of mine. I sometimes fall for the cheesy humor too. Stand-up for the most part isn't too appealing, but some old George Carlin and stuff from that era can be funny from time to time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts