Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Mostly the funny ones.:wink:

To be funny, it needs to have a grain of truth, be appropriate for the setting, not rude, crude, or socially unacceptable, and witty. Dry humor is appreciated. Especially appreciated is a well thought out, humorously delivered statement that points out a double standard or some other problem in a logical discussion. "Zingers" if you will.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I'm with my close friends, I like to tell jokes where I can freely be- mostly sexual, over-the-top jokes.

If I'm with a group of people that I'm not too close with, probably generalized jokes that somehow includes everyone. I don't like using inside jokes where people can be left out in a group setting.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
If I'm with my close friends, I like to tell jokes where I can freely be- mostly sexual, over-the-top jokes.

If I'm with a group of people that I'm not too close with, probably generalized jokes that somehow includes everyone. I don't like using inside jokes where people can be left out in a group setting.
Ya, it's funniest when a little crude in some way. I don't like comedy for antagonizing others, but there is no need to be the most uptight about boundaries when dealing with humor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Especially appreciated is a well thought out, humorously delivered statement that points out a double standard or some other problem in a logical discussion.
^ This. I don't hear nearly enough of it!
Intelligent humour, dry humour, and here's a shameful secret: I like puns. :crying:
I don't like crude humour, discriminatory humour or humour that plays on stereotypes. Not because it offends me, but because it just doesn't compute.
Basically, I like having to think for my laughs. I don't appreciate mindless mainstream LOLs.

I also don't laugh, as such. I grin often, "huff" occasionally and chuckle rarely.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts

Pay attention, class. onstar has just given you a very classic ISTJ behavior pattern.:proud:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I take something someone said normally and in my head put it out of context. I find the bible hilarious, seriously, one day you will see a comedy film made/written by me that shows you what goes through my head when I read the bible.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I hate slapstick. I love dry, sarcastic humour.
That movie The Other Guys was supposed to be in that category of dry and I didn't find it funny at all, but from what I remember most movies which were of the dry humor were pretty good.

I actually sat through an hour and a half of that god awful movie. Had I walked out in the first hour I think I could have demanded my money back:angry: but I failed. For future reference the reasoning to go to a movie is "because it has to be funny Will Ferrel is in it" should not be good enough, and maybe more of a reason NOT to see it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I like puns.
I like puns too. Too much. People are like ooooookaaaaay when I tell puns. I've learned to keep them in my head.

i like slapstick and sarcastic. my childish Beavis and Butthead humour sometimes comes out when with a couple of intimate people.
Beavis and Butthead is clasic. I used to stay up late and watch it at really low volume because my parents forbid me to watch it since it wasn't appropriate for a 10 year old Qadosh :crazy:. I'm not a fan of slapstick, though.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
We started the new 8-week module of classes today. One of the requirements was that we create a "webpage" on the college website, complete with an avatar or a picture (most people use pictures of themselves, but of course yours truly refuses to do so). LAST module, I used my "find x" avatar that I use here. However, given the grief that I endured with my group project members, who, by the way, are in THIS module also, I decided to use a different avatar. I doubt that they'll get the not-so-subtle "up yours", but I had to put it out there anyway. The avatar is a black background with white text. The text says, "I hate the fact that people don't salute me." Personally, I think it's hilarious.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
We started the new 8-week module of classes today. One of the requirements was that we create a "webpage" on the college website, complete with an avatar or a picture (most people use pictures of themselves, but of course yours truly refuses to do so). LAST module, I used my "find x" avatar that I use here. However, given the grief that I endured with my group project members, who, by the way, are in THIS module also, I decided to use a different avatar. I doubt that they'll get the not-so-subtle "up yours", but I had to put it out there anyway. The avatar is a black background with white text. The text says, "I hate the fact that people don't salute me." Personally, I think it's hilarious.
Sela, I think you need to breathe. You always seem like you're like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCHOOL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WORK AHHHHHHHHH NO TIME AHHHHHHHHHHHHH 100 MILES PER HOUR". I don't mean it disrespectfully.:happy:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
OMG you seriously made me laugh. You ARE correct, however, in that I DO need to slow it down at times (if you all haven't noticed already, I tend to be a perfectionist). Thanks for the laugh and the great advice.
Having said that, I'm going to make the attempt to take at least one day off per week from work AND school (and by that I mean one day off from both at the same time).

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
OMG you seriously made me laugh. You ARE correct, however, in that I DO need to slow it down at times (if you all haven't noticed already, I tend to be a perfectionist). Thanks for the laugh and the great advice.
Having said that, I'm going to make the attempt to take at least one day off per week from work AND school (and by that I mean one day off from both at the same time).
:happy: Good. You took that better than expected. I was a little scared at what I'd get back. It's good for ya to have a day to do whatever Sela likes to do (play World of Warcraft).

Here ya go: https://us.battle.net/login/en/login.xml?ref=https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/&app=wam
I couldn't resist.:crazy:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Learn the lessons of Magilla Gorilla from Harvery Birdman Attorney at Law Qadosh. No one needs to get hurt
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: LOL!

I can't breathe!

I guess I deserved that. I did pull out the trout. :happy:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts