Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, every time I take the Myers-Briggs test I either fall into ISTJ or INTJ. It seems as if the weather or the day affects which one I am that day.

I do know that I am extremely I_TJ. The S and the N flip flop regularly.
The last time I took the test I only answered 1 more for S than N.

Anybody else like this? What are your interests and hobbies?

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
If the test results change based on the weather, time of day, or your mood that's not a very good test. Type is measuring something that is much more innate and central to who you are not something that can just change in the wind. What that test is likely measuring is your persona, or how you present yourself to the world, which is different than your type.

ISTJ and INTJ are actually very, very different from each other despite sharing Te and Fi. ISTJ leads with Introverted Sensation and Intuition is their rejected function, INTJ is an Intuitive and Sensation is their rejected function. So you see (beyond that fact that they don't share the same perception functions, ISTJs are Ne/Si types, INTJs are Ni/Se types) each prefers the opposite leading function. ISTJs are driven by Sensation, INTJs by Intuition.

Here's the thing if you have any two functions that are close to each other on a test, there's a decent possibility that you don't lead with either (but especially not N/S as these are opposing functions). Whatever you score the highest on (T/F/N/S) is likely your dominant function. You might be an Extraverted Thinking type, maybe ENTJ or ESTJ instead, where Intuition and Sensation are the two middle functions (where there might be more parity because they are less developed). The reason I say this is because the consistent thing with you is judgment and Extraverted Thinking (the T and J) which suggest you probably lead with Extraverted Thinking and Intuition and Sensation are auxiliary functions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So, every time I take the Myers-Briggs test I either fall into ISTJ or INTJ. It seems as if the weather or the day affects which one I am that day.

I do know that I am extremely I_TJ. The S and the N flip flop regularly.
The last time I took the test I only answered 1 more for S than N.

Anybody else like this? What are your interests and hobbies?
I understand your confusion, the tests you see on google sites aren't realiable at all. The Ni/Si deal can be somewhat confusing because they share a very similar way of processing information -- (In fact, Ni is harder to distinguish from Si rather than Ne). This's mainly because in present, Ni will interpret objects (the physical form) like the Si will -- that alone doesn't even describe 5 % of Ni/Si.

Socionics :: Intuition / Sensing Try this.

My advice to you is to look specifically into the functions, one letter off isn't one function off. INTP and INTJ are completely different in terms of functions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts