Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am an ISTJ and I'm pining for an ENFP.
Here is the backstory:
ENFP and I met in class at college, became friendly acquaintances (would sit together in class and chat). We both ended up at the same gig one night, ended up quite drunk by the end of the night and hooked-up. She said it wasn't just a drunk hookup, and that she had had a massive crush on me for ages, to which I was completely oblivious. Over the next couple of weeks we hung out a few times and hooked-up a second time, however it was not unexpected (she asked me earlier that day if I wanted to stay over). She seemed really into me and said she had a great time. However she would be leaving in 2 months to go on exchange overseas for a year, and had recently broken up with her ex. We never explicitly talked about the hookups or a relationship, but we actually ended up becoming friends (not sure if I would say good friends, we still don't completely know each other, but we both really enjoy each other's company). We messaged quite a bit, and she showed signs that she was into me (for an ENFP, I think some common signs are asking many random questions (some personal), flirting, banter, initiated conversation quite regularly, she would also refer back to conversations we had earlier, and was open to sharing some personal/insightful feelings/thoughts). But the biggest thing I picked up on was how she looked at me - her eyes and smile lit up like crazy. She did flake on some plans, but I think that was due to 1) her already having commitments and 2) she was quite busy and stressed in the lead up to going overseas. She did state many times though that we ought to hang out.

Anyway, she has now recently left (we met up for a bit before she left), but she suggested that since I'll also be overseas next year that I should visit her/we should both do some travel together. Logistically, a relationship would not be possible because 1) she and I will be in different locations for 18 months at least (unless our individual plans change) and 2) we both cannot do long distance relationships. While we're both opposite personality types, we do share a lot of interests and values, which are often topics of discussion. She's extremely easy to talk to and get along with.
My problem is that for the past 2 months I haven't been able to stop thinking about her, not once! Its extremely frustrating actually, and has got me a bit down. I don't know if I'm in love with her or anything, but I really do like her. But here is my question: is an ENFP likely to quickly move on/become interested in someone else? Is it pointless hoping that things could one day work out? I do value the friendship we have developed, and I don't want to say anything stupid that would mess it up.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Just pursue your relationship. She loves you obviously. Just trust each other until she came back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts