Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One word. Boring. Sums you up to a tee. You're responsible, trustworthy, serious and down to earth. Boring. Boring. Boring.

You play by the rules. You follow tradition. You encourage structure.
You insist that EVERYBODY do EVERYTHING by the book. Seriously, is there even an ounce of imagination in that little brain of yours? I mean, what's the point of imagination, right? It has no practical value...

As far as you're concerned, abstract theories can go screw themselves. You just want the facts, all the facts and nothing but the facts.

Oh. And you're a perfectionist. About everything. You know that the previous sentence was gramattically incorrect and that "gramattically" was spelt wrong. Your financial records are correct to 25 decimal places and your bedroom is in pristine condition. In fact, you even don't sleep on your bed anymore for fear that you might crease the sheets.

Thankfully, you don't have anyone else to share the bed with, because you're uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. Too bad.

From
OkCupid.com: Free Online Dating, Online Dating, Dating, Free Dating Services, Dating Services

·
Banned
87 Posts

I remember taking that quiz before and getting that result.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well this certainly is lovely. :/

Reactions: Sabrah

·
Registered
28 Posts
To know me is to love me!

I'll have you know my room is a mess- bed isn't made, I've never balanced my checkbook, and I'm hilarious!!!!

The rest of the stuff is true tho LOL :mellow:

·
Registered
192 Posts
The ISTJ's I know are pretty cool to hang out with...can be a bit bossy, but not with me...they seem to check themselves when they have the urge to go all "J" on me, don't cuz it's me and I'm awesome.

·
Registered
389 Posts
With the exception of the grammar, that pretty much sums me up. Well, not to the extent you have described >.>

·
Banned
738 Posts
The ISTJ's I know are pretty cool to hang out with...can be a bit bossy, but not with me...they seem to check themselves when they have the urge to go all "J" on me, don't cuz it's me and I'm awesome.
I thought the ISTJ at my job was trying to be bossy but he isn't. He just wants to make everything more efficient and wants everyone to contribute to the work load. He gets things done. It took me a bit to realize. I even wrote a post making him out to be some false title want to be. But he genuinely wants to be a manager and he is already very concientious in this regard. He always strives to be more and more competent.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ISTJs are NOT boring!! They can be amazingly fun and can let loose. Don't believe that...it's a crock of shit. :tongue:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I know I'm "boring" to many. I'm sure some of the women from my past would give a sworn affidavit testifying that much of that quote applies to me, and even my own mother will say I'm "no fun" because I won't let her in on much of what is going on with me. But I've learned over time to share emotions with the women I want to be close to, and since then, I've had no problem finding someone who'd like to share my bed. And for those friends who do manage to get admitted into my inner circle, I can be quite entertaining.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
She seems to judge us quite harshly it most like the F pushing her to show she disdain through words, never has struck me as a classy characteristic but w/e, good old bias not unexpected. Pretty obvious shes not an ISTJ. Her notion sickens me but no reason to hold a grudge.

The emotions she puts great emphasis on there only cause him to make illogical decisions which are little in my opinion to brag about but he gets his off on that stuff apparently.

From what I have seen we are perfectionists about our work most of all, and other things possibly, but organization for us is essential in my opinion. That only says we are more calculated than you, nothing to rub in our faces.

I suppose to many people who need human interaction often and rely on it to live with themselves to be Introverted probably does seem really lame, but its peaceful and allows us to do as we wish with our time. Oh well we aren't social networkers but we enjoy close friends and family we are around... sorry it doesn't meet your status quo:mellow:

Believing in a set way of doing things, and they shouldn't be done any other way seems like a dieing belief as long as the other way covers the same critical points and is more efficient. I never did understand that part of ISTJ, seems wrong to me. When it comes to being an ISTJ seems the heaviest of this personality type is a autistic person, and they still can use enough imagination to make the best computer programmers. I don't see what you see in the area of imagination.

Something similar to the subject of doing things the same way is to have principles, unshakable, uncompromising convictions to hold to your beliefs. I don't do things against my principles in the vast majority of situations, so ill never do something idiotic due to my irresponsibility because I would never do something to put myself in that situation. We see examples of that shit all the time on the news another man killed because hes dealing with the wrong people on the streets or we couldn't obey the law so we drove over the blood-alcohol level society has put in place for us and killed someone, undisciplined. My point being if rules that agree with that of society, and maybe more aren't setup an individual is more capable of putting themselves in some bad situations and making bad decisions leading to bad situations.

In the end its probably all about us being not 100% ISTJ or ENFP we are individuals with a certain amount of us in each of those 8 letters, so no more bashings plz lol... :bored: If still not convinced just consider those who you don't identify with as having different values and come to peace with good natured people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, that's kind of mean, eh? I'm not TOTALLY boring, I just think that romping around breaking rules and nonsense like that is ridiculous and that there's really no sense in trying to be all rebellious, because you just look like a disobedient fool afterwards. Is that weird? :confused:

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Istjs are cool. The person who wrote these things said infps want to change the world, ha! as if I do. The world is fine how it is, it's the people who are fucked. Think about how hard is to change yourself now imagine changing every single person. That's too much for anyone, even to wish it.

Anyway, the whole Myer Briggs thing is just our ways of functioning, this whole brutally honest thing is a way of bashing people and generalizing them.

It's not even funny or accurate, what's the point of it?

·
Banned
738 Posts
Hey, that's kind of mean, eh? I'm not TOTALLY boring, I just think that romping around breaking rules and nonsense like that is ridiculous and that there's really no sense in trying to be all rebellious, because you just look like a disobedient fool afterwards. Is that weird? :confused:

It took me a while but I realize the absurdity of this kind of behavior as well. I used to criticize how rigid my English teacher when I was in high school. He drove the speed limit everywhere. He said people would honk and get annoyed. The other day I backed out of my driveway without looking and some kids were up the road and I kept thinking to myself, "thank God." His kind of mindset should be appreciated for the ethical responsibility to society and community.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly. So, it's not weird. Other people just don't know that rules are put there to be followed. Right? I mean, if they weren't there, things would be awful. So everyone should just appreciate them and follow them and not cause absurd chaos over them.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Exactly. So, it's not weird. Other people just don't know that rules are put there to be followed. Right? I mean, if they weren't there, things would be awful. So everyone should just appreciate them and follow them and not cause absurd chaos over them.

I agree. The only criticism I would have would be with the rules being followed cause inefficiency and danger to society. I constantly notice how certain parking lots increase the danger of the flow of traffic. How certain shrubs are placed poorly resulting in blind spots for drivers. Why would anyone in their right mind put a giant tree on a corner of a deadly intersection? Or another example would be where there is an extremely sharp curve and no markings to designate it.

I think the rules are important for society as a whole. People always talk about anarchy and how great it would be. Yeah right. One time, after a hurricane, I was driving in a city that had no stop lights working. Cars were flying by, slamming on their brakes, people were speeding about recklessly. Everything was a complete and total disaster.

Am I really in that much of a hurry to go anywhere that I would risk a life to run a red light?

Or children on the streets. I used to speed all the time and then it occurred to me. These younger children aren't even looking half the time. A lot of them aren't even used to walking. I have been working on becoming extremely careful. If I see this kind of behavior in others, I don't think I should hesitate to do something about it. Now, I realize why mothers are looking so hyper vigilantly even when someone is going the speed limit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's true, that's true. If that were the case then I'd think it was silly, but I meant in general, like with kids who skip class and people who don't follow dress codes or people who speed on the streets and people who paint graffiti all over the place. That's just ridiculous.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I think I and others from what I've observed classify the ISTJ as this extremely rigid, rule follower which is wrong. It's something I won't do anymore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't call myself an extremely rigid rule follower, but I do weigh the importance of set rules in relation to what I'm doing/about to do and take into consideration the after-effects. Additionally, I will admit that often times I find myself quite annoyed by those that don't follow the rules around me, and I usually create my own personal impression of them and it's often not a very good one.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Boring? Probably.

I could live in a shell, and if I only came out to wash it or occasionally interact with other people in my field of work, then I'd be completely fine; I never really understood anyone else, or especially those adventurous types that could never sit still long enough to be comfortable or truly focus on getting something done, but hey, who's to judge?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts