Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I was curious what the real difference between the two is.

I think that I am an ISTJ, but my test results gave me ESTJ.

I really enjoy social contact, and love to talk with and about people... just in my own social circle. I feel pretty uncomfortable moving outside of that.

I don't really know what else would be useful for you guys to know. Ask anything you'd like.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
I'd be hesitant to type you based on the limited information you have given, but if you're looking for an answer, I would highly recommend the reason you're questioning your introversion in the first place: is it only because the test has told you? Or, do you feel that there may be some basis behind what the test result was? Even introverts enjoy time spent in their social circle, and some even expand beyond that into the general social sphere. The difference is, however, energy gathering and releasing. Extroverts aren't endless partiers, and may stick to their own group; introverts aren't hermits, and may interact with many different people at a time. An extrovert, by definition, will gain energy from such contact, even over an extended period of time (barring a very long period of time, or time spent in an awkward situation/with people they don't like), and an introvert will gradually lose energy, counter to an extrovert's gain. An introvert may even experience a 'boost' of energy at first, but there is a definite decline.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I used to think that I'm an Introvert, back when I was in middle school to high school.

Reactions: Grey
1 - 4 of 4 Posts