Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm sort of new to the world of MBTI and am having a bit of a hard time typing myself. I've taken quite a lot of free internet tests and tend to get ISTJ, like shown in my signature. INTJ and ESTJ appear frequently, however. All I'm sure about is me being judging versus perceiving. If you have any ideas of what my personality type could be, I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance!

Here are some descriptions of myself I've posted on other threads (they show my leaning towards ISTJ):
1.) I'm kind of a jack of all trades when it comes to school. I'm around the top of the class with practically every subject, but I don't really have a strong point. I'm good at history and science since I have a pretty strong short-term memory, but only certain aspects of both subjects actually do intrigue me. I do well in math, more along the linear equations rather than abstract thinking. And for English, I'm more of a technical writer. I understand nonfiction quite well. But I have somewhat bad comprehension for not analyzing character motives and such.
2.) I enjoy writing, but I tend not to finish any story that I begin. I take forever to pen something because I always end up editing and revising rather than actually letting out whatever I have to say. That's one reason I don't write personal journals. I kind of do enjoy writing nonfiction, such as essays for school. I like having a prompt given. I'm not a very creative individual, which explains why. That's why my stories tend to be platitudinous.

Why I doubt being an ISTJ:
1.) I love looking ahead, thinking about my future. I enjoy daydreaming about possible colleges and careers (not to mention my future husband and children), and sometimes my thoughts seem quite improbable.
2.) I'm really short-tempered. I frequently blow up at my family members, sometimes for stupid reasons or no reason. I have a really bad grasp on my temper. I have a hard time controlling my emotions. I don't know if that's common in ISTJs.
3.) I like meeting and getting to know new people, I'm just atrocious at it. I have problems with committing to relationships. Whenever I make a close friend I tend to push myself away. I'm also curious about the world around me, and I think I'm focused externally. I'm not sure whether I'm an introvert or a shy extrovert.
4.) I'm not serious and composed in demeanor. My classmates actually tend to describe me as "sweet" and "nice."
5.) I cry nearly every day. I show signs of anxiety disorder (note, I am not self-diagnosing myself with it) and just start sobbing loudly for no reason often.
6.) I don't really panic when I don't arrive to a place on time. (Well, at least if I'm not OVERLY late.)

If you want to know anything else, please ask. I hope this question wasn't too stupid.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
2.) I'm really short-tempered. I frequently blow up at my family members, sometimes for stupid reasons or no reason. I have a really bad grasp on my temper. I have a hard time controlling my emotions. I don't know if that's common in ISTJs.
3.) I like meeting and getting to know new people, I'm just atrocious at it. I have problems with committing to relationships. Whenever I make a close friend I tend to push myself away. I'm also curious about the world around me, and I think I'm focused externally. I'm not sure whether I'm an introvert or a shy extrovert.
4.) I'm not serious and composed in demeanor. My classmates actually tend to describe me as "sweet" and "nice."
5.) I cry nearly every day. I show signs of anxiety disorder (note, I am not self-diagnosing myself with it) and just start sobbing loudly for no reason often.

If you want to know anything else, please ask. I hope this question wasn't too stupid.
I have a hunch that you're an ISTP with low confidence - 2 and 5 both sound like inferior Fe to me. 3 could be a sign of Se, except that your confidence prevents you from using it.

Also, ISTPs are dominated by a judging function. If an IxxP hasn't embraced their auxiliary perceiving function, they may indeed seem like judgers. I myself thought that I was a perceiver for the longest of times due to Dominant Ni, as well as a somewhat "spacey-ness" that I am sure is my Ni speaking.

I would like some more information to synchronize. Tell me a little about yourself; your interests, see if you can work out why you have such interests. The more I can work with, the more avenues I can make judgment from.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
People are always very quick to take any sign of neuroticism and pin it on being a Ti dominant. It's annoying.
Sincerest apologies. My point above may be moot.

IFightDragons You seem sure that you're a judger. Why is this? Thus far, I'm not seeing a great deal to indicate J, although there's not much to indicate P either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.