Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's this advice my ex gave me that occasionally nags me at the back of my mind.

He once said I should talk to people more, because some of them get worried about how private and reserved I am.

I implied that I like my social lifestyle the way it is..

But then right, he seems to get very insecure when I am clingy to male friends..Like, huh? Didn't you want me to keep in touch with my 'social self'?

-______-'

I suspect he is ISTJ. Why is he like this? I don't understand him.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
If you are only socially outgoing with guy friends and not with girl friends...that could be a problem. Then again, define clingy--that might be a problem regardless of gender.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is it a problem in an ISTJ's view that I get along better with male friends than female friends?

I thought he's always known that about me, I'm confused.

Well I tell him about how much my male friends mean to me..Is it wrong? Should I be silent about it instead?

I'm not mocking. I genuinely want to know if I might've made him feel bad without realizing it.

Knowing him, he's not the type who's entirely direct about what makes him upset.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Only you and your ex can answer these questions as they are more personal than type oriented.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I know a couple ISTJ guys... but neither have them have acted like that. Heck, one of them likes that I have mostly male friends! :tongue:

Just a guess, but maybe he's a believer that male and females can't be "just friends?" Or he could be jealous of them, still have feelings for you. It's hard to know how to react to something without knowing the reason behind it. You could ask him, "Do you think I should have more girl friends? Why?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts