Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
true. I hate dancing and don't know how. It can be fun and I think to some extent it is human nature to want to dance every now and then to good music but it's not something I prefer to do in public that is for sure... unless, maybe, I have a really good dance partner who knows what he is doing and can lead me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah...once I pass the barrier of "This is so stupid, everybody will make me look like an idiot" I actually have quite a bit of fun..but yeah.. I needed to be prodded along. As for like learning to dance and stuff...I find jumping and flailing of the hands to work with just about any song. :tongue:

·
Registered
447 Posts
"The music moves me, but it moves me ugly." <- I think that might be my motto. Haha.

My ENFP sister says that I dance like a Muppet (I often do that swaying back and forth motion they do when Muppets sing... LOL). I only dance in her company though... and often it's while I'm cleaning my room. And yeah, it's more of a... silly-dance.
I've never danced in public. And I never plan to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
True. No Dancing, but my wife wants us to take ball room dancing lessons.... She loves dancing and I picture myself (ball room) dancing like Lurch on the Adam's family. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
I'll dance at home while I'm cleaning the house - the music will get turned up really loud and I'll dance around while doing it. Hey ... no one can see me! But in public? No way, not in a bajillion zillion years.

·
Registered
272 Posts
ewww dancing goes into the i hate section along with karaoke
the only thing i have done that are a little like dancing are my Karate kata and my Tae Kwon Do form nothing else

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
"The music moves me, but it moves me ugly." <- I think that might be my motto. Haha.

My ENFP sister says that I dance like a Muppet (I often do that swaying back and forth motion they do when Muppets sing... LOL).
LOL!!2 Y'all are killing me!

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
... I picture myself (ball room) dancing like Lurch on the Adam's family. :laughing:
LOL!! x 3 You gotta stop...I can so relate to this descriptions. I feel like a Raggedy Ann/Andy doll in motion when I've tried to dance!!:crazy::laughing:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't dance, in public or in private. In a similar context I don't sing either. I feel no urge to, and derive no enjoyment from it.

As I view those activities as outward expressions of the self, I'd never feel comfortable doing that in front of other people. (I might feel a tad better doing a 'structured' dance like ball-room dancing, though.) Doing that in private is sort of pointless for me, because I know how I feel at all times, and don't really need to express it back at myself.

I don't reckon I'm missing out on all self-expression though, because I'm really keen on playing the guitar. If it's indeed my voice speaking through the instrument, then it comes with badass amplifiers.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
295 Posts
I hate dancing. I took lessons recently (under duress), to learn how to do a loopdans (it is an Afrikaans dance, which is not as formal as ballroom, but still has fixed steps), and that kind of dancing is fine. If it has a fixed structure and steps, which I can learn, then I'll do it. But I will NOT participate in any sort of unstructured dancing. I feel ridiculous! :unsure:

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Dancing? What's that- an insect or something?? Never heard of it.:tongue:

I don't dance. Dance and I don't go together. I feel all stiff and awkward while dancing is about lossening yourself to the rhythm of music. Me dancing is like imagining a pine tree trying to dance- yep, doesn't work.
However, I might do it once every 3 years or so when no one is watching if I am in a really really REALLY good mood.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts