Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you guys, as ISFJ's think about ESTP's? how should we act around you and talking to you in order to not cause any problems? Ive heard ISFJ's and ESTP's were a good match, but im not sure. What do you guys think? yes i mean ESFJ in my title

·
Registered
193 Posts
My parents are these two types! My mother is an ISFJ (though she has 'low Feeling') and my father is an ESTP. They've been happily married for over 20 years. They rarely (if ever) fight, and often tease each other often. My mother complains in a dramatic sort of way, and my dad w/ his good natured-ness laughs at this (play fighting, lol).
I think they are a good match, though, my mother is somewhat sensitive, and my father has a hard time seeing this in time before it becomes a mini "argument". Typically what causes this is that my father suggests something needs to be changed (maybe around the house or something), and my mother will feel bad like she should have recognized this before he mentioned it. He always asks in a polite, civil way, but she is just rather sensitive. x3
I'm not sure if this is even making any sense, but anyway...
SUGGESTION: the ISFJs I know are VERY sensitive, and that just comes naturally to them as they seem to always want to provide the best and take it personally if things are going 'perfectly/wonderfully'. Be very gentle w/ the ISFJs you interact with...VERY gentle, hehe...
I think that this doesn't come so naturally to an ESTP, but you can always work on it. C;

I'm assuming you meant ISFJ rather than ISTJ in your title!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I don't know, I think they would make a good match but their radiation levels are too dramatically different to even high five one another, but they both have nice cousins. Example :Solon and Icarly. I think they are the best together, and they're like peanit butter and jelly, their Introverted/Extroverted tendencies may cause trouble for each the couple during arguments, and the ISTJ's tendency to get offended may cause the somewhat insensitive ESTP some pain. The ESTPs lameness may cause the ISTJ to become a psychopathic murderer...But all in all great together! (The ESTP's low feeling Ni level will irritate the ISTJ)

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I'm wondering this as well. I have a few friends I used to type as INFJ but the wierdness factor isn't there, and they're into sports and are closet goofballs. Idunno if he's ISFP or INFJ. There's a girl at work who I get along with great but I can imagine if we dated there seems to be some chemistry element missing for it to be an amazing relationship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts