Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you ISTP's do blue collar jobs or are training for a career in a blue collar job?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why are you asking this?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
dumb question GTFO...

do a Google search for the ISTP profile infer an answer or do a forum search...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not I. I don't like having to get my hands dirty unless I want to:)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
A better question might be, what proportion of blue-collar workers do you think are ISTPs? A lot of them are probably ISxJs, in my opinion, but I don't know really. I think blue-collar work is very demanding in that you have to get up early every morning, and that counts me out.

I'd pick blue-collar work over office work any day, but my preference is no work at all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A better question might be, what proportion of blue-collar workers do you think are ISTPs? A lot of them are probably ISxJs, in my opinion, but I don't know really. I think blue-collar work is very demanding in that you have to get up early every morning, and that counts me out.

I'd pick blue-collar work over office work any day, but my preference is no work at all.
Hey, you're setting a bad example for the rest of us. Quit working and start having fun ^_~

Reactions: ThoughtProcess

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Never gonna happen.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are you asking this?
It seems like ISTP's are very physical people and like to work with their hands. It just seems like they would be most likely to do blue collar jobs.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Good to know that other types know us better than we do.

I'm 17 and i work at a software company doing QA testing. I have 3 ISTP friends who are all really good at web development and server level networking. So... Not really sure what you define as blue collar... but, don't forget that we're techies too. :proud:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to know that other types know us better than we do.

I'm 17 and i work at a software company doing QA testing. I have 3 ISTP friends who are all really good at web development and server level networking. So... Not really sure what you define as blue collar... but, don't forget that we're techies too. :proud:
Hey, I just posted one thread that asked if it was possible to find an ISTP whom wasn't a very physical person. Not a single person responded that they weren't a physical person. So I'm kind of correlating the threads. Hell, I have one ISTP friend whom is very physical, but yet he is also majoring in Information Technology.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I worked in construction for a summer and the man I carpooled with to work was an ISTP.

So they're there!

...But so are female ENFPs. Haha :laughing:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I worked in construction for a summer and the man I carpooled with to work was an ISTP.

So they're there!

...But so are female ENFPs. Haha :laughing:
That brings up a good point.....A lot of ENFP's tend to be very physical as well.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You'll have to pardon us, the trollage was thick recently.

Blue collars jobs? No. Blue collar hobbies? Yes.

For example, I love turning wrenches on my own cars but, I dislike working on other people's cars and I'm pretty sure I'd hate doing it for a living. I'd much rather help someone with their computer problems and then go for a spirited drive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did construction work for a while. I was a mason tender. I would enjoy being the mason for a little while, but carrying rocks back and forth and mixing mud all day is not fun. Also was a landscaper for a long time. I loved that, but it doesn't go all year and doesn't pay much. I'm a teacher now, but contemplating my escape.

Any carpenters or woodworkers?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
at our core we are troubleshooters/data collectors..so any job that has one of those things..plus tools and/or is physical we would like..... now GTFO or learn to research...

god at first I was ok with other types posting here now with the rash of dumbass topics I'm starting to get pissed...They are running off other ISTPs that don't want to be bothered with there crap...we are hermits to begin with why would you do this?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
god at first I was ok with other types posting here now with the rash of dumbass topics I'm starting to get pissed...They are running off other ISTPs that don't want to be bothered with there crap...we are hermits to begin with why would you do this?
Duney, I like your style. Territorial, misanthropic and ornery. You remind me of Oscar The Grouch. (Do you think he was ISTP?)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Jeez aren't we a sensitive bunch?

Personally I consider IT+ very hands on and almost blue collar, considering it is a trade after all. I took that in high school, and I enjoy working with computers greatly. But I guess I will be a "blue collar" worker, I plan on attending beauty college in January. I want to become a professional make up artist. My boyfriend whom I am almost sure of that he is a ESTP is going to be an auto mechanic. I think it just depends on the SP, but in nature we are all very physical. ;D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Jeez aren't we a sensitive bunch?

Personally I consider IT+ very hands on and almost blue collar, considering it is a trade after all. I took that in high school, and I enjoy working with computers greatly. But I guess I will be a "blue collar" worker, I plan on attending beauty college in January. I want to become a professional make up artist. My boyfriend whom I am almost sure of that he is a ESTP is going to be an auto mechanic. I think it just depends on the SP, but in nature we are all very physical. ;D

Yeah... IT is a bad example of a non bluecolar job. >.>

Most of it is outsourced now anyways... I swear, untill i get to talk to onsite IT, i ussualy know more about what i'm talking about than the person on the other end of the call... I've even had to talk a guy in IT who barely spoke english on how to do his job to fix network settings for my office i had no control over.

As for physical... I'd rather relax. I'm really lazy, generaly speaking... But, don't get me wrong, when I AM physical, i go at it full force, and hold nothing back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.