Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! Just wanted to let all you ISTPs know that this ISFP likes you guys. You guys are awesome and talented people :) I was wondering how compatible ISFPs are with ISTPs. I know that there are certainly differences in the use and intake of information and the way things are dealt with, but overlooking that, how common are relationships either as friends or romantic ones between an ISFP and ISTP? Have any of you befriended an ISFP? What was/were your experience(s)?

Feel free to add anything else that might be helpful :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
680 Posts
You aren't gonna get pissed at us for actually having a discussion here, right? I'd rather not have a repeat of last time.

But to actually address the topic, I have an ISFP friend. It was a bit rocky at first, but once we got to know and understand each other a bit better it went a lot more smoothly. Admittedly, a lot of the issues stemmed from my tactlessness, I suppose. My closest friends up until that point were an ESTP, ENTP, and INTP, so it wasn't exactly something I was used to. He'd get upset by my insensitivity, then I'd get irritated at him getting upset, we'd argue, he'd get even more upset because we were arguing, I'd get more irritated because he was getting upset... You get the idea. Eventually I learned that brutal honesty isn't always appropriate, and he learned that giving me a couple of hours after an argument before trying to talk again will produce much better results. We've been friends for almost six years now, and we haven't had an argument in ages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts