Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,661 Posts
Reactions: PersonaBelle

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,317 Posts
Definitely ISTP with ENFP is best. Also, stop confusing ENTJ with ENFP, just because we're not the baby eating monsters internet MBTI communities seem to think that we are. 😂

Although I will say I've dated some very attractive ISTP/SLI before, but ltr, I'd say ISTP goes best with ENFP. I have some childhood friends who are just that too. :) Gal = ISTP, Guy = ENFP and they have kids and stuff too. So... yeah, there's that.

Reactions: Fru2

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely ISTP with ENFP is best. Also, stop confusing ENTJ with ENFP, just because we're not the baby eating monsters internet MBTI communities seem to think that we are. 😂

Although I will say I've dated some very attractive ISTP/SLI before, but ltr, I'd say ISTP goes best with ENFP. I have some childhood friends who are just that too. :) Gal = ISTP, Guy = ENFP and they have kids and stuff too. So... yeah, there's that.
I've never come across this. Although, I agree that any type can potentially get on with any other type. In socionics they have ISTP and ENFP down as conflictors. ISTP is NE blind and ENFP is TI blind.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,317 Posts
I've never come across this. Although, I agree that any type can potentially get on with any other type. In socionics they have ISTP and ENFP down as conflictors. ISTP is NE blind and ENFP is TI blind.
I think it's fairly well established that ISTP = SLI so ISTP and ENFP are actually duals. Strangely enough I find that duality isn't as common as one would think. It may supposedly be the most comfortable pairing, but often times a dual couple can end their relationship just easily as they can start one. The childhood SLI and IEE friends I was talking about actually broke up and got back together at least 3 times and it wasn't until they had kids together that they finally stopped breaking up seemingly randomly. 😄

Also, speaking from personal experience while I like ESI and I've dated a few and it's always super easy and comfortable being with an ESI, I ultimately married an SEE and we do well together, so long as we give one another a little bit of space and have our own lives as well as our shared one. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it's fairly well established that ISTP = SLI so ISTP and ENFP are actually duals. Strangely enough I find that duality isn't as common as one would think. It may supposedly be the most comfortable pairing, but often times a dual couple can end their relationship just easily as they can start one. The childhood SLI and IEE friends I was talking about actually broke up and got back together at least 3 times and it wasn't until they had kids together that they finally stopped breaking up seemingly randomly. 😄

Also, speaking from personal experience while I like ESI and I've dated a few and it's always super easy and comfortable being with an ESI, I ultimately married an SEE and we do well together, so long as we give one another a little bit of space and have our own lives as well as our shared one. :)
I now see that you mean ISTp (who have the same cognitive functions in reverse order) and not ISTP (Ti, Se, NI, FE). Some people combine MBTI typing to socionics theoretical concepts. I entirely understand what you mean now. (y) thanks for elaborating.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,317 Posts
I now see that you mean ISTp (who have the same cognitive functions in reverse order) and not ISTP (Ti, Se, NI, FE). Some people combine MBTI typing to socionics theoretical concepts. I entirely understand what you mean now. (y) thanks for elaborating.
Yes I did but I also meant that more often than not, MBTI ISTP = Socionics SLI and MBTI ISTJ = Socionics LSI. The J/P switch between MBTI and Socionics was to rectify a fundamental problem that MBTI and Socionics conflict with one another on such a basic level. Essentially with Socionics if you're an introvert and know your MBTI you can choose to be a j or p equivalent in Socionics. Which is why say, INTJ can either choose to be ILI or LII and INFJ can be either IEI or EII. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts