Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a thread like this for every type, in an attempt to give everyone a clear perspective on the pros and cons of each type and to reduce several biases out there (INTJs are robots, Sensors are stupid, NFs are hippies, etc.) or any other biases you can think of.

So, What is the elevatorpitch for the ISTP?

Try to keep it concise if you can and try to incorporate both pros and cons, to give a complete image of your type.

Good luck, and thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hi.
I am a stupid sensor so I had to look up 'elevatorpitch'. The thread title is a little bit confusing and the only reason I came here is because I was curious. I actually thought you were name-dropping someone.

:laughing:

Elevator pitch is two words. Here's an INTJ bias for you: you're supposed to be good at these things!
I'm just kidding. I was really bored; I'm not even the right type.
Do you want me to do it anyway?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out it's one word in Dutch (my native language) for whatever reason. (Don't ever learn Dutch it's a stupid language sometimes :p)
Yeah why not? If you want you can do the ESTP version. I made a thread for each type on their respective fora. ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
We're the best at getting things right, and the best at fucking things up.
Not much can slow us down, but not many things can hurry us up.

We can get through saying a couple of lines, but then can't really think of anything else. :angry:

·
Registered
10,526 Posts
Ummm I hope these first replies are not being represented towards us, where is the face palm ^

A lot of people seem to think that for example sensor/ISTP means a meathead, or what people seem to envision a creepy simpleton mechanic depicted in a horror movie like Chainsaw Massacre. Really we are often a dark horse (no not that stupid song by Katy Perry).

We are often people in a group who are profoundly bold and smart and perceptive it is noticed (people seem to not realize these people are ISTPs when they stereotype (for example I think a lot of people attribute ISTP behavior and type them as ENTPs (I think a lot of people type stupid people who are wild or reckless as ISTP when stereotyping or stereotype as simpletons. Seen plenty of statements on typing threads even like, no way he/she is too smart (uh dur dur its about functional use, and our functional order has great potential). I don't think it helps when many people trying to play up stereotypes on type that type as seem to play things down. It greatly seems to skew perceptions. Examples would be playing off emotions, or insight, in a deflective manner (its playing into a stereotype). I even think that people mistype themselves by desire to fit an adrenaline junkie stereotype or based on hobby) I was reading a lot on stereotyping threads even thru answers it appears that people have a big inclination to type many ISTP behavior patterns as ENTP). Of course when I say 'we' its in general every single group has its idiots. All of them. All I am saying is this vision many have of a silent meathead, or simpleton picking their ears is well often just a reductive way of people trying to elevate their own value and importance. 'We' are the people who often are quite likely to be very witty and on our feet. Extremely versatile. There was this big stereotyping thing where people stereotyping ISTPs responded with sentiments like... who? LMAO The point is that apparently the typing community is not recognizing what an ISTP is, when they see it. They notice ISTPs but don't realize it is an ISTP. Also ennegram is going to play a part in this as well. And a lot of the time I think its mixed up with ENTP or even INTJ, ESTP or NFJ. Nit wits that seem to be looking for this mythical silent yet refined beast from a Quentine Taratino movie or a creepy socio path. Lol goofies don't realize they are stereotyping so much that its not who, its maybe the what? Dur ISTPs are not invisible creatures ISTPs are being extremely misinterpreted.

'We' are misrepresented by many people who dumb us down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.