Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I dated an ISTP for about a year. It was under extraordinary circumstances, since she went to college in Michigan and didn't drive home much, and I went to college on the other side of Ohio and drove home nearly every weekend. However, the first few months were ridiculously great. If both the ENFP and ISTP love the physical side of a relationship, you'll definitely be satisfied in that department. However, we both had our problems with the other, and it just fell apart. :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm dating an ISTP. He's a bit of an emotional roller coaster (Hot/cold), but he's completely wonderful. I think I'm used to dating types that are emotionally distant, so maybe it's easier. It's still a real struggle when I really want to be super close, and it's just not his thing. Despite that, I love him to bits, and I think the ISTP-ENFP dynamic can be a really wonderful pairing.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm dating an ISTP. He's a bit of an emotional roller coaster (Hot/cold), but he's completely wonderful. I think I'm used to dating types that are emotionally distant, so maybe it's easier. It's still a real struggle when I really want to be super close, and it's just not his thing. Despite that, I love him to bits, and I think the ISTP-ENFP dynamic can be a really wonderful pairing.
It seems to work out better when the male's the ISTP, methinks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It seems to work out better when the male's the ISTP, methinks.
Totally. But I think we've discussed this observation before. I'm kinda crazy nervous. I'm going to sit down with my ISTP on Thursday to tell him how much I'm actually madly in love with him (We already say we love each other, but I would like him to know the extent of my feelings). II don't usually do this, so I'm crazy nervous, and he is on edge, because he knows I've been weird lately and has no idea why I want to sit down and talk to him so badly.Advice?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Totally. But I think we've discussed this observation before. I'm kinda crazy nervous. I'm going to sit down with my ISTP on Thursday to tell him how much I'm actually madly in love with him (We already say we love each other, but I would like him to know the extent of my feelings). II don't usually do this, so I'm crazy nervous, and he is on edge, because he knows I've been weird lately and has no idea why I want to sit down and talk to him so badly.Advice?
I would not be the one to give advice on this matter. The last time I sat down with an ISTP, I yelled at her and then we broke up. :/

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would not be the one to give advice on this matter. The last time I sat down with an ISTP, I yelled at her and then we broke up. :/
Oh dear. I'm not the yelling type, and whenever I get mad we just talk things out rationally.
I'm super crazy nervous. I NEVER get all mushy, but he seems pretty nutty about me and has often talked about moving in together and stuff... But you never know. I'm massively nervous about getting a "Well... I don't know if I feel that strongly about you."
My heart would break in to itty bitty pieces and never go back together. I'm madly in love, and I have no idea why, but my emotions are going crazy and so it just needs to be said. I wish we had an ISTP to answer questions.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think it's intersting that "experts" seem to think ISTP/ENFP relationships are doomed but they keep coming up here.

My personal experience being married to an ISTP is mostly a favorable one (I can't say completely, but I couldn't say completleyl favorable about any type because perfection in this world simply does't exist) we're a good balance of strengths and weaknesses for the most part, we're both very strong Ps though which makes us late a lot but a J type would stress me out, I think. I do wish he was a bit stronger conversationalist, but he makes an effort which counts for a lot. I just have to be very literal and direct with what I want from him. Other types were better at reading between the lines, but on the plus side I never have to read between the lines with him. In fact initially my greatest battle was believing him when he said he was fine. No one is ever fine when they say they are! Except him. If he's got a problem he'll say it. The straightforwardness is foreign to me, but a relief at the same time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it's intersting that "experts" seem to think ISTP/ENFP relationships are doomed but they keep coming up here.

My personal experience being married to an ISTP is mostly a favorable one (I can't say completely, but I couldn't say completleyl favorable about any type because perfection in this world simply does't exist) we're a good balance of strengths and weaknesses for the most part, we're both very strong Ps though which makes us late a lot but a J type would stress me out, I think. I do wish he was a bit stronger conversationalist, but he makes an effort which counts for a lot. I just have to be very literal and direct with what I want from him. Other types were better at reading between the lines, but on the plus side I never have to read between the lines with him. In fact initially my greatest battle was believing him when he said he was fine. No one is ever fine when they say they are! Except him. If he's got a problem he'll say it. The straightforwardness is foreign to me, but a relief at the same time.
Js stress me out too. I like the fact that the ISTP is really straightforward and direct about their needs and if they don't like something. Now if they do like something... this is a whole different story. How do you deal with the ISTP not being able to express emotions well? It seems to be something that ISTPs have a lot of trouble with, just from looking around the forum and my own personal experiences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts