Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Plan B. It's a healthy, nonviolent way to have an abortion. He's clearly not going to support you and the child.

Unless you want to be a single mother. Either way, good luck :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You aren't going to find answers on here with MBTI to be honest with you.
You need to talk to him somehow, bottom line.

I feel for you though, must be pretty bad having him ignore you like that, baby daddy gone n' run away
How long has it been since you both interacted?

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,922 Posts
As far as I can tell, pregnancy is never accidental. Usually two people have to do something very much on purpose to make that happen.

As for your co-conspirator's response; it's not a type thing, it's a cowardice thing. Either he steps up, or he runs away.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Hello!

I am sorry for what you are going through. I understand the hesitation, fear, and loss you are in. It's a matter of being pregnant, holding a soul in your body at a later time, and it is not to be taken lightly.

You mentioned:
I've told him (ISTP) and he has kind of been ignoring me the whole time now. All he has said is that he can't have a child. Is this normal for ISTP's?
This, has nothing to do with being an ISTP or not. It's his personal opinion. Do not get confused or try to mix this with that in order to take his personality as a reason to refuse your possibility of being pregnant or blame what happened on the MBTI personality result.

Is he withdrawing because he's nervous and talking to me would make it worse?
Could be. Perhaps he doesn't want to confront or address this in a more aggressive way. Or, he said what he has.

I advise you as other members suggested; get ready. Plan B might the one.

I wish you a safe road. Please be careful & clear with what you want. Apparently, the baby or the man. Think well, with the future consequences in mind.

Hope this helped you <3

Reactions: Loaf

·
Registered
10,083 Posts
I was not going to tell you what to do. As far as deciding on a baby or not.

I was just going to say no matter what happens you will be okay.

Really you will, it will be okay.

I know all you can see is whats happening now. But honestly time has a way of changing things. Maybe he does go MIA. Time has a way of changing a lot.

And I will say that I never desired children. Was never one of those women sitting around planning when I have a husband and babies. I honestly assumed when I got pregnant with my eldest daughters dad I thought he was impotent after we had already been reckless for a good year and a half. So Surprise when his shit suddenly worked. But I could not personally reason doing other options available (thats a personal choice for each individual). If you ask me 12 years later if I regret having my daughter just because I did not desire to be a young mom or mom at all. I am very glad I have my daughter. No regrets about her. I do feel bad about the father she has but theres no changing the past. I was not emotionally mature enough then to see how important it was to consider the influence of certain people as parents. He spent her first four years incarcerated took him til she was 8 to get sober and stay there thus far. I assure you, YOU CAN do it alone and you may very well start prepping for it. As soon as my daughter was born and I seen how regressed her dad was in responsibility the first thing I did was start staking a plan for us.

Its a personal choice and to each their own. But I urge you not to do the typical woman non sense of rather then staking a plan for yourself and babies future stake a plan to entrap a man. If he is worth a shit he will come around he needs time to grasp things. If he never comes around your better off not entrapping him. The last thing you want is to entrap a guy because you are having a baby.
Prioritize your future and your childs.

Your going to be okay. Cry, scream, punch something (soft), exercise, dance blow off steam, write, whatever it is you do, and make progressive baby steps to improvise and plan.

Its easier for me to say not there right now. But I mean it. DONT give him another ounce of your attention if he is going to ignore you and push away during this time. I am not saying that out of vindictiveness. You need to self preserve right now and start getting stronger. He does not deserve anymore attention then he is willing to put out. I am not advising you to do anything that I have not already done in life. And to answer you did I wish at the time he would come around and get his act together, yes. Did he eventually, yes. Did I care by then? No other then being glad for my daughter he was better. Meant nothing to me by then on a romantic level.

Type like the others said has nothing to do with if a dude or chick for that matter step up or not.

Yeah I know I didn't help ya with what an ISTP baby daddy does I think thats case by case with any people any type. Was trying to inspire you that it will be okay tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts