Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older brother, about 11 years older than me, and we frequently argue. It starts off as an interesting and intellectual conversation and ends up in a complete mess (in my mind I always win, of course). What really grinds my gears is when he appears to be underestimating me. He always tells me I'm smart for my age yet "I'm a teenager with so much to learn". I understand I'm barely an adult, but he doesn't have to undermine me and ignore what I say for it?

For example, we were having a conversation and I brought up a topic which he did not understand. I tried explaining it to him QUITE A FEW TIMES. Yet, when I show him a YouTube video he immediately responds after two seconds. I think it is because he sees me as a child and thinks I don't know what I'm talking about, but he sees a scientific YouTube channel as 'official'.

Does this sound like a "normal" (going by the stereotype) ISTP? He has never taken the MBTI, but just by analyzing him, I am positive he is an xSTP.
And is it weird for an ISTP to FREQUENTLY interrupt you, especially when you're trying to explain yourself?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why would you want to measure the normality of your brother? Or, perhaps, better worded, measure how stereotypical of an ISTP he is?
Perhaps he sees you as inferior to him due to your emotional immaturity or something other than intelligence.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think he is more likely ESTP. I might be biased against them though. I get along with both my ISTPs friends and they are nothing like what you mentioned above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts