Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forumers,

Please determine my type as I would like to use MBTI to improve myself.

Activities that I like:
Video games: Dota, GTA, Assassin Creed, Battlefield, Starcraft
Watching TV
Sports: Martial arts, football, basketball, frisbee among others
Board games
Food

Writing helps me to clarify my thoughts.
I like animals. I once build a cage for my pet glider. It’s ugly but functional.
Likes reading about economy and investment
I’m lazy. Therefore, I work towards financial freedom so that I do not need to work a conventional job / only minimal work is required.

Social life:

Small circle of friends: when I was in university, I focus so much on improving myself and seeking knowledge that I have neglected my friends. Now, I usually join my girlfriend’s group of friends instead.

I also don’t talk much with strangers, couple with my poor social skills. It is very hard for me to make new friends. However, with a few small groups of friends, I will be either silent or talkative or even doing something funny, depending on the situation.

Systems and daily life:

Designing system is important to me. So is improving / automating stuff.

In my country, before the traffic lights turn red, the green lights will blink. I will count the number of times that they blink to estimate whether I can make it through the traffic lights. Normally, they will blink 5 times before turning orange, but there is one particular traffic light which blinks 6 times. With this information, I can drive efficiently instead of slowing down and wait for the traffic light. My girlfriend told me that she doesn’t do it, and she believe that most people don’t

I used recycled water bottle to automate plant watering. I only fill up the bottle twice a week.

Always misplaced things and room is always messy. Working towards a minimalist lifestyle to avoid being nagged at. Also to reduce amount of cleaning / maintenance that needs to be done.

Feelings:

I was told that I look cold, logical and somewhat arrogant. However, I do have feelings. I do empathize on people who are less fortunate, though I didn’t show it. I do also feel happiness, jealousy and anger.

I would describe myself as somewhat bad tempered.

Never like to involve in feeling stuff. Avoid talks on feeling at all cost. Sometimes it’s hard to resist trying to solve problem when girlfriend just need to lend an ear.

Cognitive function:

Ni: There was a few times where I was aware that I had the “aha moment” as per the description on Ni

Se: I understand that dressing well does create a good impression. On important occasion, I will dress well. However, I would usually wear baggy shirt which is comfortable. I couldn’t saw a wood symetrically no matter how hard I tried, did it for a school project once. But I would say that I’m good at sports. I get cranky easily when I’m in tight clothings or when I’m not comfortable

Fe: I don’t like environment with conflict. It makes me feel uncomforatable. I will usually avoid argument unless it affects my goal.

Te: Searching patterns: there was a few times where I was aware of my thought process. I was telling myself: “if it happens a few time more, then it is true.”

Si: Occasionally, I do have the feeling of “this is familiar”

Intelligence: Normal. I like knowledge but does not have good grades in school and university. INTP like knowledge for the sake of knowledge while INTJ wants knowledge to achieve their goal. I’m somewhat in the middle but more towards knowledge for practial application. Sometimes I do read about fun facts when I am bored.

Thank you for your help!
Regards,
BWP

·
Registered
172 Posts
AVOID ARGUMENT---> I would rule out INTJ then .

For some reason, you sound oblivious to your emotions.

Despite this, I guess you COULD be INFP because writing helps you organize your thoughts.

INFP or INTP for me.

But your description is very generic, also we don't know your age which is very important......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, The Eye.

I'm 26 this year and lives in Asia.

You're correct, writing do help me organize my thoughts. For unfamiliar phone calls at work, I would tend to imagine the dialogue and write it out to prepare mentally.

Though I hate to admit it, I was in a negative state of mind at the time of writing the first post. I'm stuck at my career and trying to find a way out.

I tend to procrastinates a lot.

Do let me know if there are any specific situation that can help the typing process to be more accurate.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thank you, The Eye.

I'm 26 this year and lives in Asia.

You're correct, writing do help me organize my thoughts. For unfamiliar phone calls at work, I would tend to imagine the dialogue and write it out to prepare mentally.

Though I hate to admit it, I was in a negative state of mind at the time of writing the first post. I'm stuck at my career and trying to find a way out.

I tend to procrastinates a lot.

Do let me know if there are any specific situation that can help the typing process to be more accurate.
I'm not sure at the moment.

I do write dialogues before stressing phone calls as well :) and IT WORKS !
What can I say ? I can only suggest to study a bit more the theory behind MBTI, there is a lot of stuff on the web....

BUT also be cautious not become obsessed with it, after all, it is not important to get typed in real life.....
you will get it eventually

I got stuck A LOT and my INTJ friend helped me write down lists of what I wanted / not wanted to do in my life.

That helped .

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's the test that sparked my interest in personalities and lead me here eventually :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts