Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts? Would it work out? I read somewhere that if two personality types are the same, things can get kinda boring because they think exactly the same, but other than that I'd like to hear from people of experience.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well I certainly couldn't be in a relationship with an ENFP :). I knew a couple who I'm pretty sure were both ISTPs, I have no idea what their relationship was like, but then they had to do long-distance and they drifted apart because they didn't bother to keep in contact much and gradually that started mattering, and eventually one of them decided it was impractical.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must've found a lame one. I get aggravated when that happens, so I always end up being the one who makes the plans for just about all of my friends. Its like no one wants the disapproval of the others or something. Pussies, if I do say so myself.

Was that the biggest issue the two of you had? Or did it just get plain boring? Cuz boring can be fixed.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Have you ever heard of Dr. Alexander Avila? He has written about MBTI and matching types. I haven't read his books, but I know that he recommends same types date each other, at least some of the same types, some of the time.

I dated an ISTP and we connected right away. She was very intelligent too, so we were able to understand each other very well.
In only one date I discovered that we had something like 27 things in common. There was plenty of "chemistry" too!

-------> Lovetypes: discover your romantic ... - Google Books

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm interested because I'm fairly certain I met an ISTP once upon a time. She was a martial artist, gymnast, listened to techno type crap, very outdoorsy... I've read that same-type relationships are very good so long as you keep learning new things about one another, or continuously have something to give to the relationship. In this case I can see both ISTP's splitting off to learn new hobbies, then reconvening and teaching each other the stuff, then humping. God I love that word.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Yeah, I'm interested because I'm fairly certain I met an ISTP once upon a time. She was a martial artist, gymnast, listened to techno type crap, very outdoorsy... I've read that same-type relationships are very good so long as you keep learning new things about one another, or continuously have something to give to the relationship. In this case I can see both ISTP's splitting off to learn new hobbies, then reconvening and teaching each other the stuff, then humping. God I love that word.
"Humping" sounds animalistic, is kind of tacky, has no class. How about "Making Love" instead.

Are you familiar with the phrase: Opposites attract, but ultimately distract?
It's quite true. Believe me I know (I learned the hard way).

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This guy is 100% animal.

not really at all,

But what does "ultimately distract" mean?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Honestly i think the communication part would sink the whole thing. I prefer not to communicate about anything other than "what are we doing tonight?" But then again, who knows. I've never dated an ISTP guy (Don't think i even know any in real life, I'm surrounded by SJs and some NFs)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
"Humping" sounds animalistic, is kind of tacky, has no class. How about "Making Love" instead.
I prefer the word "humping" to "making love". At least it's honest.

That being said, I seriously doubt you can determine compatibility based on MBTI type. There's just too much variation within each type. I would regard anyone who has written a book on the subject as a shameless money-grubber. Just like all the charlatan astrologers out there, or anyone else who exploits the "lonely and gullible" demographic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've read in the ISTP article section here that ISTP is the best match for ISTP:
http://personalitycafe.com/istp-articles/287-love-types-istp.html

I never tried it, but I think an ISTP-woman could be a good fit for me. Other things (high intelligence, non-smoking, manners, ...) are of course also important to me.

Why would lack of communication ever be an issue? If both are comfortable without much talking and rather communicate via the things they do, I don't see a problem. Actually in my former relationships it sometimes became a problem that there was too much talk and I just wanted to hug in silence. And I(STPs) can talk ... if there is something to say.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I've read in the ISTP article section here that ISTP is the best match for ISTP:
http://personalitycafe.com/istp-articles/287-love-types-istp.html

I never tried it, but I think an ISTP-woman could be a good fit for me. Other things (high intelligence, non-smoking, manners, ...) are of course also important to me.

Why would lack of communication ever be an issue? If both are comfortable without much talking and rather communicate via the things they do, I don't see a problem. Actually in my former relationships it sometimes became a problem that there was too much talk and I just wanted to hug in silence. And I(STPs) can talk ... if there is something to say.
Yes, I agree, you don't need to say a lot to communicate effectively. It just depends.
I've read articles that state body language, gestures, facial expressions and tone tell as much or more than the words do.

The information in the link you provided actually comes from http://www.lovetype.com/

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I prefer the word "humping" to "making love". At least it's honest.

That being said, I seriously doubt you can determine compatibility based on MBTI type. There's just too much variation within each type. I would regard anyone who has written a book on the subject as a shameless money-grubber. Just like all the charlatan astrologers out there, or anyone else who exploits the "lonely and gullible" demographic.

You don't have to be in love to make love.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts