Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty sure I was an ISTP for a while, but I recently retook the test a few times and got INTP as my type. I'm pretty sure I'm an IxTP, at least. I identify with a lot of the ISTP threads, so the ISTP unsureness is actually kind of unnerving.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

A lot of ISTPs seem to be into fixing things and learning about how things work, but I really couldn't care less about the mechanic of most things. My father is probably the poster child for ISTPs, and the one thing that differentiates us is the interest in tools and fixing things. I don't have an interest in sports or "dangerous things" either.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

An apartment with fast internet connection, a Netflix account, a Hulu+ account, and multiple premium film channels.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I'm a pretty content person, but I can't really think of a time where I'm at my finest.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Uh, I sometimes think about a conversation I had earlier that day, and realized how forced/unnatural I sound, and I usually feel kind of inferior? Knowing that people are judging me makes me feel kind of gross.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually make a pro and cons list prior to making the decision, but I seldom use it when actually making my decision. When it comes to the actually decision I usually go with my gut feeling.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't really care.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

.......n.....o.....

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

If I put some effort into focusing, I'm a pretty good visual learner. Depending on what I'm learning, I might have to myself to fully get it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Extremely unorganized, and on the verge of disgusting.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I do both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The second one.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I try to think before I speak, but in most cases I speak before I think.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION OMG I'D RATHER STAY AT HOME AND WATCH MY BABIES AND WHY IS THIS ON A SATURDAY THE BEST NIGHT OF TELEVISION IS CLEARLY THURSDAY???????

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Pretty normally. I don't change how I act regardless of my situation. When I'm alone I'll sometimes write about what's stressing me out, and what I can do to change it.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Clinginess, emotional volatility, and bigotry.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Social issues, specific music genres, comedians, things I'm interested in?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I pay attention to just about everything around me, except for me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I actually don't know. I was talking to a friend, and I said that the only thing that makes me cry is television, and she remarked "U HAVE EMOTIONS?!?!?!!!!!". Other than that, people have called me nice and shy. So basically boring?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Watching television, reading Wikipedia articles, holding my pee, sleeping, looking at pictures of Aziz Ansari.

·
Registered
680 Posts
istp because your name is "kawaii" an n wouldnt call themselves "kawaii". and intps are obsessed with maths.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
istp because your name is "kawaii" an n wouldnt call themselves "kawaii". and intps are obsessed with maths.
Lol, despite the utter lack of logic / reasonable evidence presented in @choccrunchie 's response, I agree with her. And you are certainly a Ti-dom, you were right about that. It's almost overwhelmingly evident.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Lol, despite the utter lack of logic / reasonable evidence presented in @choccrunchie 's response, I agree with her. And you are certainly a Ti-dom, you were right about that. It's almost overwhelmingly evident.
you can totally see my bias against the OP's writing style.

...and avatar. and name.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
....INTPs aint all obessed with maths, Actually most i have seen or talked to online are more obsessed with facts, logic and knowledge.

Reactions: Kestrel and Wasp

·
Registered
547 Posts
I tend to make a category for people in between functions.
Let's say that you test iNtp sometimes and iStp other times. Looking at your percentages is a great indication of how balanced you may or not be.

Believe it or not, having low percentages is a good thing. It means you have a nice balance in your iNuitive and Sensing functions.
You'll change as you grow. (I can tell you're younger than me, perhaps it's my intuition talking, or your disgusting avatar). You might veer one way or another. But don't force yourself to "choose" or "type" yourself. You are who you are, and if you have an X anywhere (example "IXTP"), then all the power to you.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
What I see so far is xSTP, probably ISTP. And it has nothing to do with your choice in username, avatar, or level of obsession with math btw :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i was kidding >.>
lol me too, i tend to find being serious when someone is joking tends to dispel a joke, sorry But u gotta admit its very INTP of me...what i did :p

Reactions: Inure Penumbra

·
Registered
642 Posts
When watching action movies, what excites you most? 'Explosions 'n' shit', or the profound veiled meaning beneath it all? Which scene from the Matrix do you remember best? The Architect's Speech, or Neo fighting a huge army of Mr. Smith clones?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts