Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, ive been having trouble finding out which type i fit into best, istp or intp. i fit both explanations fairly well, but i dont know what i am. does anyone know any ways i could find out? any test and such? ive gotten both results in the mbti test, so im quite confused.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is not unusual for a person to take the MBTI test and receive results come somewhere between two of the letters in your case, the S and the N. Personally I would prefer having scores like yours as they represent a balance between the two, one not being dominated over the other.
No need to be confused, this happens as mentioned before time to time.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Do you prefer creating tools to solve a problem (INTP) or do you rather use the tools you've got available to attack them (ISTP)?
Do you think much in terms of "what could be" (INTP) or do you more often think in terms of "what is" (ISTP)?

Also, check out the respective subforums here on PC - can you identify with the laments of the INTPs (INTP), or do you find them slightly pathetic (ISTP)? Do you find the ISTPs too cocky (INTP) or do you see (and get) the self-distant humor (ISTP)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not unusual for a person to take the MBTI test and receive results come somewhere between two of the letters in your case, the S and the N. Personally I would prefer having scores like yours as they represent a balance between the two, one not being dominated over the other.
No need to be confused, this happens as mentioned before time to time.
awesome, thanks for replying. even said, i think it would be interesting to know more about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you prefer creating tools to solve a problem (INTP) or do you rather use the tools you've got available to attack them (ISTP)?
Do you think much in terms of "what could be" (INTP) or do you more often think in terms of "what is" (ISTP)?

Also, check out the respective subforums here on PC - can you identify with the laments of the INTPs (INTP), or do you find them slightly pathetic (ISTP)? Do you find the ISTPs too cocky (INTP) or do you see (and get) the self-distant humor (ISTP)?
hm, interesting thoughts, but ive never been good at self analysing. i will definitely think about it though

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive done some more research more into the functions involved in mbti and the results were quite interesting

results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.2)

what does his make me? an intp that really close to istp? because my functions aren't what they usually are for an intp. i use both extroverted intuition and extroverted sensing.

if anyone knows about this stuff and can give me some insight to what this mean, that would be awesome

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I never got these level of development tests to work for me personally, but if you go on the actual numbers, you "use" both Ne and Si more than Se and Ni, respectively, which is a clear indicator for INTP-ness.

A high usage of Se might mean that you live a relatively active life, which means you're a balanced INTP (not an "INTP (...) really close to ISTP"), which in turn is a good thing. It means you're less likely to get stuck in the regular INTP rut.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never got these level of development tests to work for me personally, but if you go on the actual numbers, you "use" both Ne and Si more than Se and Ni, respectively, which is a clear indicator for INTP-ness.

A high usage of Se might mean that you live a relatively active life, which means you're a balanced INTP (not an "INTP (...) really close to ISTP"), which in turn is a good thing. It means you're less likely to get stuck in the regular INTP rut.
thanks, what you say sounds pretty good. and you do make a good point. i do enjoy sports, but i don't spend a large amount of time doing them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts