Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I identify the most with ISTP's, but I feel like I may be a "J". This is where I'm confused. I don't like schedules, can't stand to be tied down, but then again, I can't stand to be late for anything, and I don't like to go into any situations where I'm unfamiliar, or first time situations. Can ayone relate to this?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Yes. We are dominant introverted Judgers, Ti. I myself am fairly punctual, but I think it's mostly because I was raised that way. And I was always want to know what I'm getting into, to prepare myself (physically or mentally, whatever the situation calls for...)

The real question is are you introverted Thinking with extraverted Sensing (ISTP), or introverted Sensing with extraverted Thinking (ISTJ)? Big difference. I personally never had to explore this issue, because I have a ISTJ sister in the flesh, and I remember thinking, "I'm nothing like her!" when I started studying Typology.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've yet to look into the secondary functions. I'll check into it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
If it makes you very angry when people insult something you strongly believe in, ISXJ.

if you are confused whether or not you're a T or an F, and you're a male... you're an F.

You could also be ISFJ, as they share our Fe and Ti.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok, so I identify the most with ISTP's, but I feel like I may be a "J". This is where I'm confused. I don't like schedules, can't stand to be tied down, but then again, I can't stand to be late for anything, and I don't like to go into any situations where I'm unfamiliar, or first time situations. Can ayone relate to this?
Yeah this sounds like me for the most part. I don't like being late, but I don't like being early either. Perhaps "just in time" would be the best way to describe it.

There are many times which my "J" comes out and I have this crazy need to clean the house, organize my desk, make lists of things to do, etc. But this usually comes out of necessity and not something I would do naturally without some sort of external stimulus, conscious or unconscious.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think any type can do all those things but they have a different view of what's going on.

Both ISTJ and ISTP can dislike unfamiliar situations like if you see a horse in your kitchen.

The Si/Te would be like woah, that is not how I remember my kitchen to be, horses belong outside. I need to get my kitchen back to how I imagine it to be.

The Ti/Se would be like why is a horse in my kitchen? I don't know how I'm supposed to react to that or what to do with that horse. Ok I better take it outside before it makes a mess or maybe I need to sit here and think about what to do.

Reactions: madhatter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts