Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the ISTPs I know of are fantastic with animals.

What kind of pets do you have?
What are they like?
How do they fit into your lifestyle?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had at least 1 dog over the last 14 years. The last 4 or 5 years I've had 4 dogs (at the same time) and honestly at this point I'm just so sick and tired of dogs it's not even funny.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a black cat (I've had a black cat my whole life.. Whether as a gift or dropped off at my house). I tend to see myself as a dog person nonetheless.
My cat is moody which pisses me off, but at the end of the day I still like my cat.
Lifestyle wise I love how cats are low matenience.

Ive always wanted an exotic pet (a fox or a sloth.. Lol). I'm determined to get one of those animals once my finances are in order :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'd like a badass wolf-like dog if they were about as high maintenance as a cat.
As it is, we have a Norsk Skogkatt (Beatles tune cat? :rolleyes:), and I'll never have a cat of another race: Good-natured, smart and just the right amount of introverted, and doesn't mind spending the night outside until the temperature drops below -15 °C (5 °F).

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a Bengal (See avatar). Whole lot of personality in small leopard form. The down side is that they're SO interactive and attention-hungry that it almost defeats the purpose of having a cat in that you have to do things with it. So, anyway, I got my cat a cat but the Bengal thinks the tortoiseshell is a bit remedial (She Is) and gets bored with her pretty quickly.

My wife recently got an italian greyhound. Kinda a cool little dog, but a gigantic pain in the ass.

I've always had animals... Various dogs, cats, birds, lizards, snakes, goats. I remember growing up with baby goats in the kitchen every early spring. What? It isn't normal to have to navigate around a goat pen to get your breakfast?

·
Registered
723 Posts
My INFJ boyfriend and I have two dogs.

One is a white Siberian Husky named Leo. My boyfriend had him before we got together. He is super energetic, disobedient, and pushed his boundaries. But when he gets in trouble he just wants to be forgiven as soon as possible. He is however extremely loyal and protective of us. He doesn't fit into our life style very well. We both work long hours and very rarely are able to take him for runs, walks and hikes.
DSC_0003.jpg
And then there's Moose. Hes our newest addition to our little family and he keeps us all smiling. He is a rottweiler and German Shepard mix. Hes still a puppy and he has no idea how big he's going to be. Hes excitable, dopey, and just all around happy to be here. He suits our lifestyle pretty well. He doesn't require a lot of physical activity and likes to sleep a lot. He also has become very protective and loyal to us.
DSC_0038.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ye, I love animals! Dogs the most but I don't have one at the moment. I just find them a lot of fun to be around. They don't judge you either. They appear to like you even if you have three heads and you know that no matter how bad a day you've had, your dog is going to be really happy to see you later on and not ask you loads of pointless questions about it.. crap, I've replaced girlfriends with dogs!

I think cats are alright but I'd never get one myself. They usually go for my wrists too.

At the moment I just have a leopard gecko. She's pretty cool. Nice and curious about the world :)

I've had tropical freshwater fish several times but once I've set up the tank, scenery etc. I tend to get bored with them.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
I have a pet rock-its fucking awesome-absolutely no maintenance

On a serious note my children keep begging me for pets. Kinda funny it took me til the other day to realize they are those kids from a movie that long for a pet because their crabby parent doesnt want anymore responsibility (lol poor them).

Sigh my friend is taking them to the humane society tomorrow, my eldest daughter thinks she can convince my best friend to talk me into a pet. (lol its funny they all think they are fooling me)

Ok cool you guys all have fun but if ya all come back talking like a Sarah McChalan (how ever the hell its spelt) commericial dont think I will buy into it.

I do like animals very much and secretly appreciate them (probably more then many obsessed pet owners). But I will not reveal this and end up with a We Bought A Zoo house.

I guess on some level the novelty of pet ownership is not their because my mother was a major pet lover so we always had pets. I guess I can see why the novelty is their for my kids as they have not grown up like that with me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not going to include the animals I grew up with when I lived with my parents.
I currently have a tuxedo cat I got from a shelter and she's the sweetest cat I've ever met, but likes to annoy me when I try to sleep.
Probably getting a crested gecko this summer, and would also eventually like a ball python. Later down the line I would like a sumatran short tailed python when I gain more experience owning snakes.
When I get a house or at least a condo with access to a yard I'm getting a working line German Shepherd.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What kind of pets do you have?
I have a female Red Eared Slider.

What are they like?
Gentle, curious, dumb, timid, quiet, energetic, attention-seeking, voracious, relaxed and funny.

How do they fit into your lifestyle?
She has very simple needs. Just watching her makes me happy.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have absolutely no use for keeping an animal as a "Pet."

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
485 Posts
i'm the type of person that likes animals in general, so i can say to myself it would make sense for me to want a pet as an animal companion.

i have a cat in the house, and i like the cat, cat's as relaxed and sleepy as i am, although he's not the friendliest.

but i've always been more of a dog person. i've liked dogs for as log as i can remember, and i think having at least one dog when i live alone will get give me my fix of companionship. Might get another one so that the dog doesn't end up lonely when i've left to go to work or something.

i also liked snakes, and considered one as a pet, maybe if i don't get a dog, although a dog would be a lot more receptive to things like commands and such.

i also wanted a pet fox. Specifically, Siberian domesticated foxes are being sold, and since i love foxes, i wouldn't mind a pet fox around. Super expensive though. the steep money used goes to science though, so that's a plus.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I love animals. I've always had pets. Right now I have a cat and a cockatiel.

Cats are great. I love cats. Cats love me. It all works. I've had my cat for 13 years. She's a big baby and she's afraid of everything. She hates kids and aside from me and a few other people, she largely dislikes women as well. I think it's the higher voice pitch she doesn't like, because she would always get mad at me or my mom for talking to her, and the few other women she does like tend to be on the quieter side. She warms up to men fairly quickly, but she's still not a fan of strangers.

My bird is the exact opposite of my cat. He's not afraid of much at all. I've been told he's around my age, and I half suspect he's actually immortal. He's survived a few things in his lifetime that probably should have killed him. I do like birds a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd ever want to get another one. At least not a parrot. He's a lot more work than my cat is. He was originally my stepdad's bird, but he became very attached to me almost immediately and hates everyone else so he's been my responsibility for the past seven years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have six year old Shiba Inu who is the complete center of attention in my household. She's always either extremely playful or just wants to sleep on your leg all day. I also have a 14 year old African clawed frog that people hardly notice anymore.

·
Rustle Thy Jimmies
2,424 Posts
Norsk Elghund (Elkhound)

He's a weird dog. Thinks he's a cat. Like, will climb on things and in places that only a cat would think to go. If a cat tower could fit him, I swear he would constantly be on it. He sleeps on the corner of the couch, curled in a ball. I'll have to get a picture of it, because no one ever believes me.

I take him hiking and on runs. He pretty much lives at my side. I never got around to training him how to herd and/or hunt. Loud noises scare the hell out of him, so probably won't take him hunting whenever I finally get a chance to go.

·
Registered
228 Posts
At my mom's, I have two cats, both are castrated males and are 3 years old. I also have a horse (10-year-old gelding, I've been having him since 2011) but he's not at her home, we don't have enough space to put him there...

At my dad's, I have a 1-year-old Beagle dog.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts