Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISTPs are quiet, unassuming people, who tend to be mechanically gifted but withdrawn and reserved. ISTPs often need a great deal of personal space and "alone time," which may give others the impression that they are aloof; in reality, this time is necessary to hide their secret identities.

The typical ISTP leads a dual life; his outward reserve and quiet masks an inward seething rage at the injustice of life--often, the death of a loved one at the hands of a criminal. In this secret life, the ISTP uses his mechanical gifts to create a terrifying arsenal of bizarre weapons with which to strike fear into the heart of evil. Sometimes, ISTPs may become evil themselves, either slowly over a long period of time or in response to a perceived rejection from the very people they are trying to save.

RECREATION: ISTPs are happiest when they are building and constructing--either new weapons to smite their enemies, or new plots to destroy those who oppose them. They have a very industrial sense of aesthetics, and can spend hours absorbed in the appreciation of works of art such as a 1969 Hemi Cuda retrofitted with missile launchers and ejection seats.

COMPATIBILITY: ISTPs don't often get along well with their extroverted cousins, Evil Overlords and Mad Scientists. Instead, they prefer the company of INTPs, or perhaps their pets. Romantic relationships with ISTPs tend to be drawn-out, tragic affairs, filled with bitterness, longing, and teenage angst. The sex is usually pretty good, however.

Famous ISTPs include Spider-Man and Q.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ISTPs often need a great deal of personal space and "alone time," which may give others the impression that they are aloof; in reality, this time is necessary to hide their secret identities.

Guilty as charged.
:crazy:

Reactions: Sybow

·
Registered
410 Posts
Quiet, unassuming? Perhaps in the past! Some of us have learned to speak up for ourselves!

·
Registered
272 Posts
My own bat cave with gadgets would be nice. The drama has to be from the other person in the relationship.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
this seems like it was supposed to be a joke....but this description is one of the more accurate of me...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't get the vigilante part at all. ._.

However, apparently I do attract psycho vigilantes (that threaten my life with a gun, simply because I'm walking by an abandoned pool at night and "fit a made up on the spot profile"). Go figure.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Well tbh, I would likely kill certain kinds of people such as murderers, serial killers, and child abusers/murderers if I came across them.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Q? Damn, I never thought about it but it's so true!! I watched James Bonds over and over again just because of all the machinery!

But "bitterness" and "tragic affairs" sound much more NF than ISTP ...
Not exactly. It's more relevant to an NF relationships with an ISTP than just an NF.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts