Poser
Left brain

Novelty ENFP

Neighbor INTP

Counterpart ENTP

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, if I were to engage in some kind of relationship with an ISTP, that I should take on the role of "Parent"?

That I should give him advice?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
So, if I were to engage in some kind of relationship with an ISTP, that I should take on the role of "Parent"?

That I should give him advice?
I'm sure that'll work out great. :laughing:

OP's list seems to be taken from TypeLogic Home Page, with further explanations in Relationship Pairs: Definitions.
I don't necessarily agree with OP's comments, though - they seem focused on specific individual relationships rather than being some kind of a general observation on the general type relationships.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm sure that'll work out great. :laughing:
That's what I was thinking. It goes contradictory to the ISTPs independent, problem-solver nature.
I think they're quite adept at figuring out and deconstructing what all the problems are, but with that I have a question.

How do ISTPs figure out which -out of all those isolated problems- to engage in first?

It's something I noticed in Ti users: they seem to have difficulty prioritizing.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
@Liove: The thread wouldn't let me in-line reply, so here goes:
That's what I was thinking. It goes contradictory to the ISTPs independent, problem-solver nature.
I think they're quite adept at figuring out and deconstructing what all the problems are, but with that I have a question.

How do ISTPs figure out which -out of all those isolated problems- to engage in first?

It's something I noticed in Ti users: they seem to have difficulty prioritizing.

Correct prioritization in large projects is definitely a weak area for me. I can almost make a blanket statement that I don't suck at it only in areas where I've built enough experience. Correct prioritization in smaller chunks of work, though, is very rarely a problem.

If you leave me to my most naïve own, I'll make a qualified guess at what the biggest or most pressing problem is, and start fixing it. This guess can be made based on a number of factors: The more I know about the field, the better my guess will be, of course.
If I don't know enough about the field, my selection process may malfunction, and I may simply start fixing stuff for whoever yells the loudest, which rarely is productive in the long run. This is self-correcting, though, since I quickly build the necessary experience and knowledge.

So yes, looking back, a really good project team involving me almost always has included a project leader with a good sense for priorities but who wouldn't micro-manage. That's not to say I do a bad job without one, but there's a lot more conscious work involved for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts