Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the main differences/characteristics between istp's and intj's You can just answer this if you don't want to read the rest.

I have found myself between these two types, and although they have two different letters, I have a hard time telling the difference between them. I am an ambivert but lean a little towards the introverted side. I am very social in comfortable settings and when making first impressions but I am not the kind of person to say hi or acknowledge everyone I know when walking on the street. I also prefer to be in smaller groups and usually have a close group of friends. The S vs N is harder for me to come to a conclusion on. I can see S in myself in that I am very in tune with my environment and have a very strong eye for detail. I also enjoy physical activities and have a strong memory for statistics but have very weak memory in remembering quotes unless I read them. I also see a significant amount of N in my cognition. I have very strong creative abilities and always inspect a situation from all possible angles. I also display very N characteristics in that my mind is always on the future, in other words, I am always working towards an outcome that I foresaw. There is no question that I am a T. I've always been relatively emotionless and blunt. I don't really believe to much in the P vs J outside of their influence on cognitive functions. But if it helps, I have some strong P and J characteristics. I am very J in that I have a extremely high expectations of myself and others. I had my career figured out in high school and I cannot understand people who just think that something great is going to happen because time just takes care of things. I am very career oriented, but I can also chalk that up to being a type 8 enneagram. I am very stubborn and people who talk about their plans to me should always be expecting me to dissect their "plan" in favor of the plan that I think is best for them. I also have a lot of P characteristics. I blow a lot of things off until the last minute unless I am excited about the work. Which brings me to my next point, I go through leaps and bounds of excitement. I will start something with extreme amounts of energy and then lose interest. I also struggle to sit still. I have to always be moving, whether its my leg shaking, finger tapping, pen clicking, there is always some movement going on. I am also not the kind of person who obsesses over what is happening, I am very calm in my approach to life and am usually okay with how things are. If it helps, I am also a very visual learner and also kinesthetic. I can't hear something and understand it which makes me an awful listener. thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts