Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like animals like dogs and cats and it breaks my heart to watch a kitten die, it pisses me off, and i can be very sensitive and affected by other people... and I dont want to be like that, it is something that im trying to change, because it makes me feel inferior.

that thought made me question if I really am a thinker..:shocked: i see many people confused themselves as ISTP and they really were ISFP... I need more understanding in Fe vs Fi, and since I'm not an english speaker it hard for me to read the long descriptions here... i can't understand most of them.

and to be honest if i will find myself an ISFP it would be very uncomfortable and it kinda makes me feel inferior (im not trying to say that ISFP are not worthy, i know some ISFP whom i think very highly of, it's just doesn't feel right for myself to be a feeler)

I'm pretty sure i trust logic the most and that im trying to to give a logic explanation to all my actions.

ok so please help me type myself :confused::unsure:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but it makes things more clear, i'm really confused about who I really am... and now im just trying to figure how my thinking process works. so i can know myself better and be a better person

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know, but it makes things more clear, i'm really confused about who I really am... and now im just trying to figure how my thinking process works. so i can know myself better and be a better person
I am the same as you in this case. I also thought that I could be an ISFP because I also get hurt easily and sometimes feel alot. However I also feel more inferior when reading the ISFP. I think it could be the shadow of ISTP coming through which is ENFJ. So when you feel hurt/stressed you could FEEL alot more and lash out at people. I could be wrong, but this is what I think, because I tested for ISFP when I was having a really hard time in my life... but now I test ISTP every time.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well I'm an ISFP, And I'm actually kind of insulted that you said twice that the possibility of you being an ISFP makes you feel 'inferior'. I know you said you didn't mean anything by it but really you did, otherwise you wouldn't be saying it.

Even so, just because you're affected by animals dying doesn't necessarily make you a feeler. Thinkers can be sensitive too. Maybe you're a bit of both. Some people are right in the middle of being a thinker and a feeler, kind of balanced. Don't be ashamed of your personality, you can't change it.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Sorry, but I frankly have a hard time believing that you could confuse an ISTP with an ISFP.
An ISTP with a thinker hobby might look like an INTP, sure thing (with Ni and limited Se looking a bit like Ne).
A young ISTP with few friends and a narrow-minded world view might look like an unhealthy INTJ - OK (with Ti along with faulty assumptions looking like Te).

But Fi and Ti make such a huge difference in personal values, that I really don't see how you could confuse the two. Don't make the mistake of believing that an F in your type doesn't mean you don't think, or analyze, and you'll probably be on track to understanding your type.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I'm an ISFP, And I'm actually kind of insulted that you said twice that the possibility of you being an ISFP makes you feel 'inferior'. I know you said you didn't mean anything by it but really you did, otherwise you wouldn't be saying it.

Even so, just because you're affected by animals dying doesn't necessarily make you a feeler. Thinkers can be sensitive too. Maybe you're a bit of both. Some people are right in the middle of being a thinker and a feeler, kind of balanced. Don't be ashamed of your personality, you can't change it.
I'm sorry, I think its just a personal thing for me. How can I put this... When I'm feely i stop my life for other people. And this makes me PERSONALLY feel weak. I do have my moments where I do feel proud when people say i understand them when they have feely problems. So it not bad at all and I love people that understand when I FEEL bad. But I prefer not to let it control my life.. hope that makes sense ? Again sorry.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Society "expects" that all guys should be heartless, emotionless and without a very vivid feeling side. Due to that, you might have subconsciously wanted to become another type just so that you would fit in better. I know i did it with being "intp" for years on end before i accepted who i am. It is completely fine to be a guy who feels strongly. It is a strength, not a weakness. Learn to embrace it. The longer you pretend to be something you are not, the longer it will take to find inner peace.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Society "expects" that all guys should be heartless, emotionless and without a very vivid feeling side. Due to that, you might have subconsciously wanted to become another type just so that you would fit in better. I know i did it with being "intp" for years on end before i accepted who i am. It is completely fine to be a guy who feels strongly. It is a strength, not a weakness. Learn to embrace it. The longer you pretend to be something you are not, the longer it will take to find inner peace.
I'm much of the opposite for trying to be something I'm not, im very skeptical about anything, all I want is honesty and truth.
even if I'm a feeler I wish to know why and give it a logical explanation, to feel comfortable.

also what I see from the society is exactly the opposite from what you said, I see everyone trying to make you an emo (share your feelings and all that shit) and everyone here is already a whiny bitch and it kinda pisses me off that people approve that.

and typing myself really depends on my mood, i think that whenever i feel inferior im starting to become really sensitive, now what im wondering if this is Fe?

inferior Fe - activates whenever you feel inferior? that's how it works?

sorry for my fail english

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm sorry i didnt mean that at all, i dont look down on feelers, kinda hard to express myself since im not an english speaker

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm much of the opposite for trying to be something I'm not, im very skeptical about anything, all I want is honesty and truth.
even if I'm a feeler I wish to know why and give it a logical explanation, to feel comfortable.

also what I see from the society is exactly the opposite from what you said, I see everyone trying to make you an emo (share your feelings and all that shit) and everyone here is already a whiny bitch and it kinda pisses me off that people approve that.

and typing myself really depends on my mood, i think that whenever i feel inferior im starting to become really sensitive, now what im wondering if this is Fe?

inferior Fe - activates whenever you feel inferior? that's how it works?

sorry for my fail english
I think you should show a little more respect. Real and genuinly strong men are not afraid to show their emotions and be emotional. And since when does society force everyone to be an emo?? This world would be a much better place if people would be more emotional and empathic and not so cruel and "tough".
And inferior Fe has nothing to do with you feeling inferior, it just means that it's not developed, the person with inferior Fe doesn't use that function much....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Benja

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you should show a little more respect. Real and genuinly strong men are not afraid to show their emotions and be emotional. And since when does society force everyone to be an emo?? This world would be a much better place if people would be more emotional and empathic and not so cruel and "tough".
And inferior Fe has nothing to do with you feeling inferior, it just means that it's not developed, the person with inferior Fe doesn't use that function much....:rolleyes:
I'm expressing very badly
when i said whiny bitch i meant man who pity themselves, like the famous facebook statuses

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I'm expressing very badly
when i said whiny bitch i meant man who pity themselves, like the famous facebook statuses
You don't really come across as Fi-dom in your attitude. I don't think you're bad at expressing yourself, you're just not paying much attention to how others might feel if they read your posts. Inferior Fe getting itself known to you would make sense, similarly to how Ne-doms reacts against their inferior Si by making sure to not confine themselves.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just found out 10 minutes ago that my dog in anemic and might also have cancer and it does make me very sad that she might die and she's only 8. That doesn't make one ISFP though.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I like animals like dogs and cats and it breaks my heart to watch a kitten die, it pisses me off, and i can be very sensitive and affected by other people... and I dont want to be like that, it is something that im trying to change, because it makes me feel inferior.

that thought made me question if I really am a thinker..:shocked: i see many people confused themselves as ISTP and they really were ISFP... I need more understanding in Fe vs Fi, and since I'm not an english speaker it hard for me to read the long descriptions here... i can't understand most of them.

and to be honest if i will find myself an ISFP it would be very uncomfortable and it kinda makes me feel inferior (im not trying to say that ISFP are not worthy, i know some ISFP whom i think very highly of, it's just doesn't feel right for myself to be a feeler)

I'm pretty sure i trust logic the most and that im trying to to give a logic explanation to all my actions.

ok so please help me type myself :confused::unsure:
You wreak of ISFP to me. I think that if you were ISTP you're hardest function to develop would be Fe (which I have) which would make you more susceptible to care for animals. Fi can also do that though, and IMO ISFP's are natural animals lovers. I would say ISFP no doubt.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
you know, dom Fi and inferior Fe is pretty damn hard to confuse.

my ISTP ex LOVES cats and even though I wasn't around with him for long enough to confirm this, I think that he'd be devastated if he has a cat and it dies.

also...
i..don't know.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I need more understanding in Fe vs Fi, and since I'm not an english speaker it hard for me to read the long descriptions here... i can't understand most of them.
I know it's not perfect, but perhaps try using GoogleTranslate for those websites/descriptions?

Yes, it's long, but try sifting through these two:
http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/19838-form-inferior-ifp.html
and
http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/19840-form-inferior-itp.html

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hey, we're not that bad! Although I guess I can't complain, I think very highly of my feeling ability and wouldn't really like to be a thinker... I guess I can understand, but you have to realise that you can't be anyone but yourself. Maybe come to our forum once in a while, see where you feel more comfortable and then decide? It'll feel much better to not have to act to fit in anymore.

·
Registered
238 Posts
you know, dom Fi and inferior Fe is pretty damn hard to confuse.

my ISTP ex LOVES cats and even though I wasn't around with him for long enough to confirm this, I think that he'd be devastated if he has a cat and it dies.

also...
i..don't know.
Hmmm you know what is REALLY strange. I also LOVE cats. But for me its like this. If its MY cat I LOVE it. I have this natural ability since childhood to quickly make animals love me. Everyone is always amazed at how cats just come to me and I make them crazy about me. I very much love my own kitties :D However with other stay cats or other peoples cats, I just ignore them. Im not gonna go and pick it up or play with it.

Now for the real shocker. Although I loved my cats, I have lost 4-5 of them. Some horrible deaths like cars hitting them, dogs killing them. But as soon as it happens, im more shocked ( I think ) I could never cry. Not a single tear. Its weird. You'd think I would cry but I cant.

Now that I think about it, when I lost one of my good human friends ( he drowned ) I also couldn't cry. I remember trying to FORCE myself to cry, but nothing...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts