Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!!

I just noticed some similarities between manga and anime istps, at least thoose I know of. Please read through this list and say your opinons.
They are often;

- Spiky and black/dark hair (all except Zoro who has green spiky hair)
- similair eyes (sharp eyes with small pupils , maybe except sasuke sometimes,)
- Pointy faces or square (all has either one)
- scar over one eye (2 Zoro and Guts.)
- even more apathetic then I percieve myself as. (all)
- are often semi evil semi god guys. Or netural sometimes.(All)
- often naturaly down turned lips or straight.
- very good in some area, often a physical one, but also able to strategize and notice stuff.
- thin eyebrows (except guts)
- good looking (All)
- has a large fan base (sometimes inside the manga/anime too)
- often perceived as the "wild , silent and strong type"

So the guys I based it on are;

istp guys.jpg

From right to left;
- Aomine Daiki from kuroko no basket
- Guts from Berserk
- Mori from Ouran high school host club
- Zoro from One piece
- Sasuke from Naruto (though not on the picture, I was to lazy to search him up and add him)

So what do you guys think on this? Are these starting to become istp stereotypes in manga/anime? Any other simliarities or new istp charahters to the list?

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
View attachment 184122

From right to left;
- Aomine Daiki from kuroko no basket
- Guts from Berserk
- Mori from Ouran high school host club
- Zoro from One piece
- Sasuke from Naruto (though not on the picture, I was to lazy to search him up and add him)
I'd add to your list. They may vary in degree beyond those you have listed in design, attitude, hobbies and etc. More than likely they may all represent the different Enneatypes possible for ISTPs. Something I don't believe others ever take into account.

Anime
Murasakibara Atsushi (Kuroko No Basuke)
Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
Krusty (Log Horizon)
Hanzo Urushihara (The Devil is a Part-Timer)
Jotaro Kujo (JoJos Bizzare Adventure)
Xanxus (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Anime (Video-Games)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Possibly - Ragna The Bloodedge (BlazBlue)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd add to your list. They may vary in degree beyond those you have listed in design, attitude, hobbies and etc. More than likely they may all represent the different Enneatypes possible for ISTPs. Something I don't believe others ever take into account.

Anime
Murasakibara Atsushi (Kuroko No Basuke)
Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara)
Krusty (Log Horizon)
Hanzo Urushihara (The Devil is a Part-Timer)
Jotaro Kujo (JoJos Bizzare Adventure)
Xanxus (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Anime (Video-Games)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
Possibly - Ragna The Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
Thanks for adding! :happy:

I'm not very good with ennegrams; I barley know my own. It's good you take it into consideration.
I had a sneaky suspicon Murasakibara was one. Simillair attitude and pointy face-ish. Eyes too.
I don't know much about the other ones; I don't watch/read whatever they are in. I'll google them though.

Shizuo Heiwajima ; face fits the typical discription. Halfsmirks, typicall istp thing.

Krusty ; Face not sure which one it is whit the jaw. Eyes, apathetic and small. Also slightly spiky hair.

Hanzo Urushihara ; Could'ave been a baby Murasakibara on apperance. "Due to his attitude, everyone tends to treat him lightly and pay no mind to many of his protests at being excluded from things, such as not having a seat at the table when there are many guests over. " Tell me about it.

Jotaro Kujo ; Thoose eyes and face shape... Handsome. *cough* Anyways. He seems to fit the discription of what I read on wiki.

Xanus; Typical istp look , somethings off though, "easily angered even by small mistakes such as his subordinates bringing the wrong food, resulting in him beating them up or throwing things at them. " That dosn't sound veyr istp to me. But I don't watch the serie so how should I be able to judge him?

Sol Badguy- Spiky hair , istp eyes. " Overall, Sol is not a friendly man, but he is not an inherently evil one neither. He is a person who prefers to convey his intent with his actions. And while he cynically mocks those who speak of justice, he has exhibited a staunch sense of righteousness that motivates him to prevent anything that might potentially threaten the world and the peace established after the Crusades. " Seems legit.

Possibly - Ragna The Bloodedge - Spiky hair, istp eyes and face shape..

I'm a bit tired so I'll finish my inspection/research tomorrow. But either it's a thing now, or all istp look similair.

Reactions: WindScale

·
Registered
109 Posts
hyouka - Houtarou Has a good mind but does not get pleasure from the puzzles he solves. His motto "If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick." so he has that lazy ISTP thing going on.

one piece - Zoro for sure.

ergo proxy - Vincent law

naruto - shikamaru

spiky/messy makes sense.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
My own thoughts for manga/anime ISTPs. I will include video games that have the anime aesthetic though too.

Sasuke from naruto is a nope for me. He has more of that seething hatred, definitely an Fi user, although Te seems dominant. I would suggest INTJ perhaps.

Hei from Darker Than BLACK is definitely an ISTP (if you get around the typical emotional/personality shallowness contractors have.)
Kallen from Code Geass (perhaps more ISXP, but I lean towards her being an ISTP)
Alvin from Tales of Xillia
Malik from Tales of Graces
Auron from FFX (people try to place him as an intuitive just because he is a bit on the enigmatic side, He is definitely a sensor though from what I have seen)
Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star
Kazuma from S-cry-ed
Karasu from Noein

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Sasuke from naruto is a nope for me. He has more of that seething hatred, definitely an Fi user, although Te seems dominant. I would suggest INTJ perhaps.

Auron from FFX (people try to place him as an intuitive just because he is a bit on the enigmatic side, He is definitely a sensor
I agree with what you said about Sasuke.

And from what I recall from playing FFX I am entirely on board with you on that. I can not comprehend how he is typed as an intuitive so often. I would need convincing evidence to believe other wise.

You guys are just Otakus...
Real Otaku's are actually quite hardcore. Measuring up to their power level takes work. Ha.
Personally I forgo labels. I'm just a man with interests plain and simple. One could consider me some what of geek but I don't.

I didnt think istps were really into anime... hmm interesting.
Why so? I'm curious. :proud:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I am curious about this too. Anime is just another media like games and movies. What makes it special so that we wouldn't like it?

I'm intrigued by the suggestions here actually. I never thought of Hanzo Urushihara (Maou-Sama) as an ISTP. It makes sense though ...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hyouka - Houtarou Has a good mind but does not get pleasure from the puzzles he solves. His motto "If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick." so he has that lazy ISTP thing going on.

one piece - Zoro for sure.

ergo proxy - Vincent law

naruto - shikamaru

spiky/messy makes sense.
I see shikamaru as a INTP. I've never really seen him like adrenaline rushes etc. He also enjoys playing mindgames. But he could have been one.

I'm just gonna suggest Kougami Shinya from Psycho-Pass.

@Rainquility seems to agree with that, and since I don't really know much about him, I levae him up to you guys.

They're always badass, or stoic.
Strong and silent too .

People love to type them as intuitives on this site.
I've noticed. And type everyone they don't know and is stoic as istp's.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are just Otakus...
Yes. Care to join us? :wink:

My own thoughts for manga/anime ISTPs. I will include video games that have the anime aesthetic though too.

I'd have seething hatred for my brother too if they killed my entire family

Hei from Darker Than BLACK is definitely an ISTP (if you get around the typical emotional/personality shallowness contractors have.)
Kallen from Code Geass (perhaps more ISXP, but I lean towards her being an ISTP)
Alvin from Tales of Xillia
Malik from Tales of Graces
Auron from FFX (people try to place him as an intuitive just because he is a bit on the enigmatic side, He is definitely a sensor though from what I have seen) <-- Got the istp look
Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star
Kazuma from S-cry-ed
Karasu from Noein

Reactions: DemonAbyss10

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you intrested in it? :happy:

I loved it at first , but I'm starting to lose intrest due to naruto and one piece being far to pro-longed for my taste. I read the mangas sometimes though. I love basketball mangas, like slam dunk.

Does anybody watch/read bleach? And are there any potential istp characters there? Many think ichigo could be one. But I'm not entierly convinced.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Does anybody watch/read bleach? And are there any potential istp characters there? Many think ichigo could be one. But I'm not entierly convinced.
I watched bleach ... I didn't really get the ISTP vibe from Ichigo ... Except for the fact the he never plans and seems to have no fear just rushing into things to hack and slash at them. He's also pretty quiet for the most part, and does things because they make sense to him and not because society tells him to. Has a constant scowl ... he is sounding more and more ISTP-ish the more I consider it.

Kenpachi! :D Just cause

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I watched bleach ... I didn't really get the ISTP vibe from Ichigo ... Except for the fact the he never plans and seems to have no fear just rushing into things to hack and slash at them. He's also pretty quiet for the most part, and does things because they make sense to him and not because society tells him to. Has a constant scowl ... he is sounding more and more ISTP-ish the more I consider it.

Kenpachi! :D Just cause
Kenpachi is awesome.He is welcomes to the istp club any day.:proud:

When you say it, he is a bit istp-ish. But he's not very "calm calm ", except when he comes back and is able to slash all his enemies with one sweep.lol. But that might be due to the fact that his family/VIPTH(very important people to him) are in danger. He's also slightly gloomy somtimes... It was awhile ago since I watched/read it . I only check in and out due to the fact that zaraki is there. And toshiro. He's adorable.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts