Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to believe that I can do just about anything if I'm given decent instruction (if necessary) and time to think through possibilities.

Yet I'm so apathetic and lazy that I can't bring myself to do anything. I don't care much to learn, to master any skills, or discover new things. I thought INTPs were supposed to be the laziest, but my friend loves to learn all kinds of shit about computers and scientific theories.

Most of my J friends/family (especially SJs) try telling me that I'm too scared to try because I'm afraid of failure and that my confidence/apathy is bravado, but I truly don't think it is. I'm just lazy as hell.

Is this normal? Can I get my curiosity back?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
ISTP's take the cake for apathy. I've never seen a more apathetic type than the ISTP.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
ISTP's take the cake for apathy. I've never seen a more apathetic type than the ISTP.
i would say that's typist...but....i just don't care enough...

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we all scared of failure or are we just bored as hell?

Sometimes I just want to sleep all day because I don't care about getting up...

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
For an ISTP, apathy isn't an incredible power.
It's a SUPER-power.

Watch me be badass by not doing...anything.
Hell--I played Modern Warfare 2 all day today. And drank some wine coolers.
Why?

Because I just don't give a fuck.

And don't even get me started on my impressive K/D ratio.
I talk to chicks in dive bars about this. Revs their engines.

That's right--I'm an ISTP. It don't matter.
The school's over there and my ass is too cool for it.

*sips green tea*

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I think it's our outlook on life that kind of gives us that "come what may" attitude. Don't know what the future is, can't change the present... and since we're energy conservers extrodanair, we don't bother with what we can't change.

Though I find that apathy in general comes when I can't engage myself. When I induldge in sitting around, watching Doctor Who, eating Gamesa... yeah. Is it a Ti-Ni loop? Fake it till you make it. Engage!! Exercise Se for a little while...

Reactions: chrisu

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
i would say that's typist...but....i just don't care enough...
Their don't give a shit attitude is both a good and bad thing. It's good because ISTP's don't get offended easily, and it makes many total badasses because many from what I have found have an absolute lack of self-preservation and therefore they are practically fearless. It's bad because sometimes some ISTP's have no motivation in life and just don't care.

Reactions: reletative

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
It's not our fault that most things in life are abysmally boring and pointless. Once we find something that's worth getting excited about, we're fine.
I appreciate the insight.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
It's not our fault that most things in life are abysmally boring and pointless. Once we find something that's worth getting excited about, we're fine.
yeah like jobs, ugh. seriously can't someone just pay me to be hilarious and observant? I'm good at that.

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah like jobs, ugh. seriously can't someone just pay me to be hilarious and observant? I'm good at that.
Khy I absolutely never socialize, so last week for the first time in years a friend dragged me out with a bunch of women for one of those "rent a party bus and go to bars" things...

They were all drinking beer. I stuck with fireball whiskey. By the end of the night my friend said the other women were asking if I could come out with them again because I was so hilarious.

I'm like "no I'm good for another couple years." (Thing is, I don't know if I'm really that funny. Just observant, as you say, and usually very brief. One liner type stuff.)

Plus I hate hangovers and I remember why I don't do that crap anymore. Beer sucks, so many calories ugh.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm sorry what were we talking about again?

oh right, our apathy.

This week my brother was asking me about something and i tried to explain it once, and then after 2 more minutes I just cut him off and said "is there a point here because I'm getting really bored with this conversation"

LOOK JELLYBEANS

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
MissFixit:2335330 said:
Khy I absolutely never socialize, so last week for the first time in years a friend dragged me out with a bunch of women for one of those "rent a party bus and go to bars" things...

They were all drinking beer. I stuck with fireball whiskey. By the end of the night my friend said the other women were asking if I could come out with them again because I was so hilarious.

I'm like "no I'm good for another couple years." (Thing is, I don't know if I'm really that funny. Just observant, as you say, and usually very brief. One liner type stuff.)

Plus I hate hangovers and I remember why I don't do that crap anymore. Beer sucks, so many calories ugh.
I've heard from many fellow ISTPs that others seem to find us hilarious when we observe our environment and comment on it. most say they're not really even trying to be funny.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts