Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow ISTPs!

I'm an INFJ woman with a health science background. I recently had a hunch that there might be physiologic differences between the (4) personality types (SPs, SJs, NTs and NFs). One of them may be respiratory rate.

Can you please tell me your respiratory rate at rest (i.e., while sitting and are not engaged in activity)? You just have to count the number of breaths for 30 seconds and then multiply this number by (2) for breaths/minute.

Thanks!
Sun18 :eek:)

·
Banned
1,509 Posts

what?
whaaat?
WHAAAAAT!!?

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH PERSONALITY!?

Even if people responded you couldn't use it as valid research. Just personal physical differences alone would invalidate any speculation. Not to mention you would need thousands of ISTPs within set ranges to even come to a sound theory.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

what?
whaaat?
WHAAAAAT!!?

Even if people responded you couldn't use it as valid research. Just personal physical differences alone would invalidate any speculation. Not to mention you would need thousands of ISTPs within set ranges to even come to a sound theory.
This.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
I had 18 BPM

I must say that at my last job we took our vitals often when there was down time.

And what always stood out most on my vitals was my pulse. My pulse was often very high. I did however drink a crap ton of caffeine and was always running around like a mad man to get things done. But when we would do vitals was during the lazy time of shift change over. I could be the calmest looking person in the room but my pulse was always the highest.

I however have to consider that I am a smoker as far as that being a factor in that sort of info.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i get 10 breaths per minute.

What prompts this out of curiosity? Have you noticed something already yourself? I think it would be hard to get conclusive results from this because activity level/smoking/diet is gonna take a major role in this.

I think a good one would be shallow breathing vs full breathing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

what?
whaaat?
WHAAAAAT!!?

Hi Glyphs,

Thanks for participating in my thread.

If you think that this question is irrelevant, just don't answer it. You now can spend time on another thread of your liking.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i get 10 breaths per minute.

What prompts this out of curiosity? Have you noticed something already yourself? I think it would be hard to get conclusive results from this because activity level/smoking/diet is gonna take a major role in this.

I think a good one would be shallow breathing vs full breathing.
Hi Splash Shin,

Thanks for participating in my thread and answering my question!

Although factors such as activity level/smoking/diet can influence a person's respiratory rate, the breathing rate of an individual is remarkably stable because it may indicate something deeper. I will explain the correlation that I've stumbled upon when I get more data. But for now, I want people's honest answers.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I was trying to do it but it's too early for me. I keep yawning. It kinda throws me off. 30 seconds is a long time to not do anything but count breaths. :p

I've seen this thread in the other sections and was kinda glad it wasn't here yet. Oh well, that's life.

I'll probably try again later when I'm not so groggy.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Actually, I'm still on my work computer and I can't see the video. So I really don't have a clue what to say to it as I don't have a clue what you're saying. "desk jobs" bleh. I was planning to check it when I got home.
Fair enough.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.