Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..we have threads about the mistakes we make, about depression and about the things that trouble us, so how about a nice positive one instead.:

What do you like about yourself? What are your good points?

I think I will post this in each section to see what the different personality types like about themselves.

=)

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
LOL!

Many of our threads are probably about how we're all depressed and flacid because we're solution oriented. Biggest reason I come here is because I'm curious, and need advice.

I like how ISTP's are considered master's of their environment. Its cool to say I have the same personality as bruce lee, mr bean, and clint eastwood combined.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
More like what don't i like about myself. I'm awesome.

i especially enjoy my sense of humor, my ability to do almost anything well and my problem solving skills. I enjoy my ability to break things down and analyze pros and cons very precisely subjectively and objectively. I love being so independent. Most of all, my powers of super apathy.

Lets not forget my love for thrills and for situations that most people get distressed/can't function and lose their cool in. Like dangerous situations. that's where we ISTP's thrive.:cool: (admit it... you would NEED an ISTP in a zombie apocalypse!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll bite :happy: I like that i have a mind of my own (don't follow a Mob) and that i'm self reliant

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like that I can keep my head and solve problems efficiently.

...you know. Besides my natural good looks and charm, anyways.:wink:

Reactions: heyhedge

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like my ability to not give a fuck what others think.
My ability to perceive and fix problems.
My 'never give up' attitude.
My ability to keep an open mind and be non-judgmental towards people.

Yeah that's about it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My independence and ability to enjoy my own company (dont get me wrong i do like being with my friends but...) I have friends who "need" someone around all the time to have fun, like even to play video games... that just seems like life would suck.

I truly dont give many fucks either, life is much simpler that way.
and i kind of like my stubbornness/bluntness too for some reason.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like that I tend to think about what I say before I say anything. And I'd like to think that what I say are higher quality of anything being said at any given moment among my peers as a result of the constant mental revisions. I like to word things in a way where it'd sound interesting, using less commonly used words to kind of spice things up in the conversation.

... But in reality, people just see it as an odd way to speaking. I think it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I like everything about myself.

Mostly I like how I'm able to be there for people, while expecting nothing in return. (I find this to be quite rare).

I like that I don't have many insecurities which seems to hold others back a lot from doing what they want. I'm not cocky either, I don't think I'm better then other people, I'm just me. I'm confident in my own abilities and I could care less how others are, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just living my life as I want to.

I don't have many fears either, if I want to do something, I just do it, I don't even think about it. While others might see it as a bad thing because I'm not careful enough, I love being this way. It's fun, always interesting, entertaining, and if there are consequences I have no problem taking responsibility for my own actions, but if I don't take risks then I don't see life as worth living.

The only problem I have with myself is when I'm NOT being myself (trying to please others-my family), but when I'm being myself, I love it. And that's how it should be with every type, I believe. Everyone should love themselves to the fullest, once they no longer worry what others think.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I like everything about myself.

Mostly I like how I'm able to be there for people, while expecting nothing in return. (I find this to be quite rare).

I like that I don't have many insecurities which seems to hold others back a lot from doing what they want. I'm not cocky either, I don't think I'm better then other people, I'm just me. I'm confident in my own abilities and I could care less how others are, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just living my life as I want to.

I don't have many fears either, if I want to do something, I just do it, I don't even think about it. While others might see it as a bad thing because I'm not careful enough, I love being this way. It's fun, always interesting, entertaining, and if there are consequences I have no problem taking responsibility for my own actions, but if I don't take risks then I don't see life as worth living.

The only problem I have with myself is when I'm NOT being myself (trying to please others-my family), but when I'm being myself, I love it. And that's how it should be with every type, I believe. Everyone should love themselves to the fullest, once they no longer worry what others think.
I love what you said here. Especially the last paragraph. That is spot on.

I see the same qualities you like about yourself in the ISTPs in my life. I hope they love these qualities as well.

Reactions: Life.Is.A.Game
1 - 20 of 75 Posts