Personality Cafe banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Still not ironic.
You like to play with word definition :

Situational irony, ... is most broadly defined as a situation where the outcome is incongruous with what was expected, but it is also more generally understood as a situation that includes contradictions or sharp contrasts,[25]
source : wikipedia.

a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated. (contradiction)
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Source: Oxford dictionary

But what is really ironical is how you seem to be the only one not grasping your own contradictions

irony that is inherent in speeches or a situation of a drama and is understood by the audience but not grasped by the characters in the play.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Well, yes, but with a lot of cheese !
Btw, I knew I was being contradictory. The problem is, you still keep thinking it is irony. Me saying others are arrogant in itself is a form of arrogance. This is ironic. Everything else I said isn't irony.

Irony is the opposite of what is expected and is almost always funny. It is a type of contradiction but not all contradictions are ironic. It's like saying all rectangles are squares, yes all squares are rectangles but the opposite isn't true.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like everything about myself.

Except my tendency to ignore people when I'm upset. Screw that.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like how versatile I can be. If I want to run an obstacle course or build something, I can do that. If I want to learn about astrophysics, I can do that too. I find it really easy to pick up new skills and learn new things, we can be renaissance men/women if we choose to be.

I like that I am calm, cool and collected pretty much all of the time. I really enjoy my own company, no drama.

I like having good reflexes and spatial awareness, I'm not sure if that is about my type but I'm thinking it's a Ti-Se thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like that I can improvise in some situations. And when opportunities show up, I take advantage of them. I also like I have spatial awareness like the previous poster said and that I stay in touch with objective reality and be realistic.

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
what I like about myself is the other side of what I dislike about myself: I adapt well to scarcity, but I've always been reckless with what I have... I ssssuck at managing things in an orderly way; I'm always on the edge. Like I need to hire a Te accountant and shit so things don't get too crazy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like how I can quickly see all sides and make a decision best for the situation. Of course using this as a younger kid is was easy to see how other argued about but I learned how to see most people's reasons why they fought with words.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like that I am a very reliable person, people know or feel it (don't know how) and I admit I take pride in it. The best feeling is when there was a problem and thanks to you, there isn't anymore :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like my work ethic. I have always had the luxury of exceeding most of my co workers at a job and being the bosses favorite. While a co worker sits there dumbfounded wondering why their ass kissing isnt effective.

Also I like my ability to be silent and collect info. I do not feel socially inept. I generally feel empowered by my ability to be in the back round most times.

I like that I seem to stand for alot yet have no definitive lines like many people in terms of black and white. I do have convictions and tend to them well.
Yes, and also being a "badass" imo of what a badass actually is. I like my ability to see truth and I like the things and causes that I'm interested in, not wasting away life watching tv shows for example (only sports and interesting enough things like nature and science stuff -goes to trying to understand the big picture, or cars and whatnot).

·
Registered
722 Posts
I seldom get lonely. So I like my innate ability to spend time alone for long periods in bliss and tranquility.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts