Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And you're not allowed to respond with anything remotely connected to personality typing.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Okay. So, what would you do for fun if none of your friends were around?
Well, I have several hobbies that I enjoy, but I don't think of them as "fun."
A lot of things I can do solo, but I don't get excited about them.
More than likely I'll go to where my friends or family are.
Virtually any activity I consider fun would involve other people.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting! So it's not like you look forward to being alone, so you can do X. It's more like you look forward to being with others, so you can do Y?

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Interesting! So it's not like you look forward to being alone, so you can do X. It's more like you look forward to being with others, so you can do Y?
No, I enjoy, in fact I need plenty of solo time. Working on hobby projects, resting, shuffling paperwork, reading, studying, thinking, listening to music, drinking a beer, I usually prefer to be by myself when doing those things.
X and Y are chromosomes!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anything related to some hands-on or adrenaline rush activity. Individual sports/hobbies comes to mind, IE snowboarding, tennis, racing, salsa/latin dance/perhapsanykindofdance, climbing, airsoft (it can be if you decide to run off on your own). I don't mind team stuff as well, as long as I can get my fix. I usually say to people "If I'm not in motion I don't feel alive."

Doesn't have to be non-academic, too - I enjoyed my med school anatomy lab immensely. If only I could get rid of tests, formaldehyde, and gunner idiots intentionally moving pins around...

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Strategic board games, typical adrenaline crap, hiking, biking, lounging at epic locations (I really liked relaxing in a lounge chair on the roof of a hotel that overlooked the beach), hot tubs, poker, racism, pool, hawt fucking, amusement parks (as I grow older they become less impressive... such good childhood memories), dancing, break dancing, gymnastics, writing my book, drawing, mixing techno, fantasizing about my book, jk about the racism btw, hanging out with friends, frisbee golf, and the stock market.

·
Banned
891 Posts
sorry now and u can shoot me if u want but aeoiu are u sure u aren't istj? paperwork? u don't like fun? ur picture has nothing to do with ninja's or destruction or hot girls. what's the story? i don't get it?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry now and u can shoot me if u want but aeoiu are u sure u aren't istj? paperwork? u don't like fun? ur picture has nothing to do with ninja's or destruction or hot girls. what's the story? i don't get it?
Hahaha! Yes!! Friday Night Stereotyping is here! I love it...

·
Banned
891 Posts
IMPOSTER! it's the CIA! There onto me. ha ha haa ha

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tea Biscuit, you know some ISTPs. What do you think they enjoy, or look forward to most?

I don't get any fun out of planned activities or hobbies, myself. I think what I enjoy most, is discovering things. I get a tremendous kick out of being lost in the woods, and finding myself in a place that I've never seen before. Perchance to happen upon a crop of wild mushrooms, or a big pile of sand. Or an abandoned building, full of stuff that I can rip out and drag home. I love any kind of salvage operation. It's sort of like the thrill of the hunt.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts

Quit asking dumb questions.
Who said I don't like fun. You did, not me. I just said if it's fun then I'm with someone.
If you look at the activities that the other guys mentioned, you'll see that many of them require participation of more than one person, a partner.
Better take a look at what I wrote in this thread.
http://personalitycafe.com/istp-forum-mechanics/14894-istp-what-types-unimaginable-unexpected-things-have-you-done.html

·
Banned
891 Posts
i was exagerating for effect. jesus u don't have to be so anal about it. is this what my istp is going to turn into in a few years?
the dream is over!

·
Registered
743 Posts
* messing with ENFPs :laughing:
* going to the gym
* long walks
* documentaries on science and technology
* urban exploration (trespass signs be damned!)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts