Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Playing sports/games/physical activites, learning new things, watching TV/movies/sport, problem solving, exploring places, cooking, eating, listening to music, observing/interacting/learning about animals/nature, light-hearted banter/messing around with people, looking at beautiful things, making/designing detailed plans (but rarely following though with them), helping others, sleeping.

I don't mind and sometimes prefer doing things alone, but generally prefer doing things with others.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Excellent. That's the type of thing I had in mind. Do you think it fits with ISTP?
I'd say it's a defining feature of ISTPs, always wanting to explore and understand physical environments... old railway yards, derelict city streets, nature trails and so on. :wink:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@Xplosive: you see the fun in everything! But what would you say is the most fun of all, the most thrilling? Like if you had to pick one thing.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd say it's a defining feature of ISTPs, always wanting to explore and understand physical environments... old railway yards, derelict city streets, nature trails and so on.
Oh good, because I have that in spades. I wasn't sure if it was within the norms of our type.
:)

·
Banned
891 Posts
well he said the happiest he's ever been was sitting on the couch watching films with me. his idea of heaven would be a big bag of amsterdam weed and about a month playing final fantasy. he loves poker, plays all them strategy and espionage games. his idea of fun used to be a bag of coke but he's getting a bit wiser now. he loves trips and mushrooms but doesn't do them all the time. he started playing socor recently he loves it. they got a dart board in his local pub he was in his element. ringin everyone. he loves lying down too with his hands up like a dog would. he does it all the time, does something weird with his hands. it's hilarious. he doesn't even be doing it on purpose but then he'll catch himself doing it and be delighted with life. he hates doing the dishes. he just can't physically bring himself to wash a plate. it's like oil and water he just don't mix with them. they slide right off him. jjjjjjjuuuuummmmmmmmmmm (that's the sound of the plates sliding off him) he likes telling stories about someone he got back at for fuckin him over. or making crazy revenge plans like put up posters of his friend on every lampost coming out of his park. i can't remember what the caption was now something about ur man being a hump (pennypincher). oh yeah one was a photo of a camel with his friends head photoshopped on and another one was a hump u'd find on the road with ur mans dopey head up on top of it. a friend of his worked making signs and he would have gone through with it too only for he let him down. that would have been funny, imagine driving out ur park and someone was after sticking up photo shopped pictures of u on every pole.

·
Banned
891 Posts
istp's RULE!

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I've been to an ISTP party before. There were lots of tequila shots, margaritas and Texas Hold'em...oh and pizza +Xbox. Good times.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
One of my favorite activities is to go scuba diving with my wife. I enjoy the activity itself, and get be spend time enjoying the company of my wife without being distracted by having to process a continuous stream of non relevant data, since she can't talk under water... "I had a 5 minute meeting with my boss today. Now I want to spend the next 3 hours telling you about it."

·
Registered
743 Posts
his idea of heaven would be a big bag of amsterdam weed
So how much have you smoked? :happy:

"I had a 5 minute meeting with my boss today. Now I want to spend the next 3 hours telling you about it."
Oh god, it's painful isn't it? :sad:

·
Banned
891 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oh god, it's painful isn't it? :sad:

Brutal.

But less so since I have started interrupting her at the start, and explaining that while I understand that it is important to her that she gets to "share" these things with me, for my sake before she get too involved in her story I need her to take a deep breath, collect her thoughts, and give me a brief 2 or 3 sentence executive summery of the story she is about to tell me.

At least this way I can know what is germane to her story, and what is just tangential.

·
Registered
322 Posts
@Xplosive: you see the fun in everything! But what would you say is the most fun of all, the most thrilling? Like if you had to pick one thing.
Thanks - I hate to narrow it down to one thing, but if I had to choose probably playing sports/games would be the most fun - most of my best memories as a kid involve sport or games in some way.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
i was exagerating for effect. jesus u don't have to be so anal about it. is this what my istp is going to turn into in a few years?
the dream is over!
You probably don't even know the difference between anal expulsive and anal retentive.
I could be just as crass as you, but then who knows what the moderators might have to do.
Why don't you get the flock out of here.

And leave Jesus out of it too.

·
Banned
891 Posts
anal is anal and u'd want to lighten up a small bit. ur wrecking my head.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
anal is anal and u'd want to lighten up a small bit. ur wrecking my head.
I'll lighten up when you do. As in I don't appreciate your vulgar language. I'll go off on you next time.
I have no problem taking you to task, but I don't want to risk being censored by the moderators.

·
Banned
891 Posts
rouse said she didn't want to hear anything about personality types, i found the way you worded ur response funny saying u don't consider ur hobbies as fun, so for the laugh i through it out there that i thought u could be istj. i purposefully misquoted u to show that i was only joking. come on like! the CIA! there onto me. did u really think i was serious? there was no need for u to get ur nose all bent out of shape over it.

and we're supposed to be the hyper sensitive ones!

and i'll bring jesus into it if i want, i write like i talk and i say jesus alot, it doesn't mean i'm a fundamental christian far from it. if u don't like how i talk it's simple don't read any of my posts. u never get any of them anyway.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Tea Biscuit, you know some ISTPs. What do you think they enjoy, or look forward to most?

I don't get any fun out of planned activities or hobbies, myself. I think what I enjoy most, is discovering things. I get a tremendous kick out of being lost in the woods, and finding myself in a place that I've never seen before. Perchance to happen upon a crop of wild mushrooms, or a big pile of sand. Or an abandoned building, full of stuff that I can rip out and drag home. I love any kind of salvage operation. It's sort of like the thrill of the hunt.
you're one cool chick!

·
Registered
273 Posts
One of my favorite activities is to go scuba diving with my wife. I enjoy the activity itself, and get be spend time enjoying the company of my wife without being distracted by having to process a continuous stream of non relevant data, since she can't talk under water... "I had a 5 minute meeting with my boss today. Now I want to spend the next 3 hours telling you about it."
Hahaha - you married to an ENFJ too then?

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
I do like early morning or sunset walks, but I have been too busy for the past couple of years to do that. I enjoy almost everything but unlike everyone here, I seem to enjoy my own company although I can and do appreciate the company of others if we have a mutual compassion for whatever we are doing at the moment. I am very simple and open to trying anything once.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts