Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what if they snowboard better than you (heheheh).....
Yeah, you read that right, buddy, now step onto the plate.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't snowboard, so that's a given :)

I respect people who are real. Who don't put up a false front or pretend to be perfect. People who don't give a rat's ass whether they're liked or admired; they just do what they do because it satisfies them. I respect intelligence tremendously - it's the way to my heart. I admire clever humor, sarcasm, and aloofness.

On the other hand - I honestly admire those that give of themselves for causes they believe in; people who are selfless and giving, caring and nurturing. I mean, I don't really dig it for myself, it creeps me out when someone tries to take care of me, but I've never been a nurturing type and I feel like that's a type of strength I can't understand, and would like for myself - especially as a mom, with an ESFP child who needs a lot more nurturing and affection than I'm naturally capable of providing.

I hate most people, in general, and even the ones I've become close to over the years are starting to grate on me lately with all their namby pamby neediness and their defeatist attitudes about their lives and romances. But I go through this every few years, weed out a bunch of people, and start fresh. In a few months I'll be dying for adult contact again, I'm sure.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I'm drawn to people who are smarter than me/better than me at anything. It doesn't bother me at all, unless they make me feel bad about it. I just see it as a chance to learn/better myself.
I respect people who are true to themselves.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Genuine people - especially those not looking for the world to love them for being so incredible.

Also, anyone with a sense of real purpose in their life. It's rare to find, but special when you come across it in somebody.

Oh, and anyone who genuinely respects me and looks to see things from my point of view (they don't have to agree).

But if some patronises (subtley or obviously, I can see it from a mile off) me, or talks down to me because they think I'm wrong/stupid then I lose all respect for them in an instant.

·
Registered
666 Posts
"There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking." - Plainview

But in all seriousness... It's truly random who i like and who i don't. Half the people i like (it isn't a long list) i don't even know what it is about them i like. I either do, or i don't. Something that will make you loose all my respect is not being able to accept the fact i don't want to be around you.

On the other paw, there are people that i think would annoy most ISTPs to no end that I've gone out of my way to gain a friendship with and still couldn't say exactly why.

*shrugs*

·
Registered
51 Posts
And what if they snowboard better than you (heheheh).....
Yeah, you read that right, buddy, now step onto the plate.
anyone that knows what they're doing. anyone that has struck out on their own away from the norm and is happy. stuff i can admire, you know?

it's really hard for me to take direction from an incompetent manager. one sign of weakness and i'll disown you as a boss.

someone that says i dont know, instead of making up bullshit.

integrity is huge with me.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I respect realness and people that stick to their word.

Like a few others have said, I don't care if someone's better than me at something as long as they don't rub my face in it. I lose respect for those people very quickly, as well as people that are condescending or unnecessarily rude. I also dislike people that talk excessive trash and then get upset that I'm not laughing along with them. Like the clip that Zyn posted, you really don't want to annoy me to that the point that I fire back.

On the flip side, I'll also seek out people that are better than me at a given subject so I can learn from them. My drumming mentor is so much better than me that it's ridiculous. Yet, all he's ever done is show me respect, help me, and tell me what I need to hear at times. I have nothing but respect for that and him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like people who are not afraid of being themselves, who are sincere and genuine, who have no hidden agenda in their dealings with others. I respect people who have integrity, who stand by what they believe and who do not make a big show of themselves. I find people with a quiet confidence about themselves very attractive.

I cannot respect people who always 'go with majority' and have no opinion of their own.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I respect those who are straightforward and blunt, people who aren't afraid to say what's on their mind even if it causes them trouble. I dislike it when people won't stand up for themselves or the people they care about, I don't think people shold pick fights but there's no faster way to lose my respect than by acting meekly when strenght is needed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And hence my love for the ISTP; you call a spade a spade. No used car salesmen here. Or if there are, I trust you'll sell me exactly what I'm paying for.
Integrity is a big thing with me, too----I don't like flashiness and I sense that ISTPs, out of the 16 types, generally are not fooled by bells and whistles that have no purpose/reason/use. I'd hate to be playing a bunch of ISTPs in a poker game, though **shudder** hehheh

·
Registered
62 Posts
And hence my love for the ISTP; you call a spade a spade. No used car salesmen here. Or if there are, I trust you'll sell me exactly what I'm paying for.
Integrity is a big thing with me, too----I don't like flashiness and I sense that ISTPs, out of the 16 types, generally are not fooled by bells and whistles that have no purpose/reason/use. I'd hate to be playing a bunch of ISTPs in a poker game, though **shudder** hehheh
I'd think it's a little hard to fool ISTPs in general. ISTPs have a sort of clarity in their thinking and like to trace things down to root causes. In the same vein, when dealing with people, they look for the underlying intentions in others. We generally do not take things at face value.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I used to get in trouble in my last commissioned sales job for not being the typical salesman. I'd sell people the better product over the one that made the store more money.

Boss: These products are your bread and butter, and what make the store more money.
Me: Yeah, but they're pieces of shit and I want my customers to get the quality they deserve.

Another time I actually told a customer that was the fence between a product we carried and one our biggest competitor carried, to go to the other store and come back to me after he saw that our product was better quality. I even showed him everything to look for. My boss got really bent about that. BUT, dude came back and said "wow, man, you were right, I'm buying from you!".

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As some already said, people who can be true to themselves and not try to be someone they arent. Doesnt matter if your dumb as a door knob or the new nobel laureate, as long as you dont try to be someone you are not you might end up in my good book. If you are better than me at something and dont rub it in every chance you get that doesnt bother me at all. Hell, id rather hang out with someone who knows something i dont.

I cant stand people who non-stop chit chat however. If you have verbal diarrhea then stay the frack away from me. Also, i lose all respect for superiors if i find them being incompetent or make a fool of themselves and pretend it never happened.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I'd think it's a little hard to fool ISTPs in general. ISTPs have a sort of clarity in their thinking and like to trace things down to root causes. In the same vein, when dealing with people, they look for the underlying intentions in others. We generally do not take things at face value.
heh, my search for underlying intentions has actually caused some indecisiveness at times. This one guy was bitching and complaining and whining incessantly, usually as a means to get what he wants. His argument was logically sound, but the fact that he was such a whiner and emotionally distraught about the whole thing made it really difficult for me to trust his reasoning and the little bitch would get frustrated when I said "stop talking and let me think about it for a second".

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
I am with Chia and the others as well, introverts in general do not compete with others, instead with themselves. If they do something better than I (at least something of interests to me) I don't have a problem with it. As for respect, Chia hit the nail on the head. Respect is about being real.

·
Registered
247 Posts
After the evening's events with the long distance (ex)boyfriend, I'm compelled to append my answer.

I respect people who ASK FOR WHAT THEY FUCKING WANT and don't expect us all to be intuitive fucking mindreaders. People who aren't afraid of hurting my feelings, and who understand that criticism will not hurt me, but building a fucking laundry list of bad things about me without ONCE bringing any of those things up WILL hurt me. I welcome criticism from everyone in my life; it's how I improve socially. I have never been able to read between the lines and guess what's bothering someone, and when you don't respect me enough to tell me that I'm bothering you, well, you just lost my respect, buddy.

It goes back to being real. You want something? You ask for it. It's a fucking simple equation. Life does not have to be so hard. Fuck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I cant stand people who non-stop chit chat however. If you have verbal diarrhea then stay the frack away from me. Also, i lose all respect for superiors if i find them being incompetent or make a fool of themselves and pretend it never happened.
afuckingmen!!!! ive had too many managers like that. i dont understand white lies. they piss me off that someone would even waste the energy to use one or hundreds of them.

i had a shit bag manager once that blew himself up with black powder. (he used to be a k9 cop in the cia before he "quit" and came to mine) anyway, he tells stories of burns over 80% of his body and how scared he is. and how it's changed his life, etc. he does have the scars to prove it. said that he doesnt even smoke anymore because of it. then one day we had to go somewhere and i had to drive a forklift there. he was following me in his truck. we drove two fucking blocks and i watched him smoke 6 cigarettes in my mirrors. i dont get it. why lie? NO RESPECT for that guy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts