Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally test as an ISTP on MBTI type tests, SLI on Socionics tests, and ISFP on cognitive functions tests. I originally tested as an INFP years ago when I first took the test, and I daydream an awful lot so I haven't ruled that type out completely.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/albertdros/37924668941/sizes/l/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gladysklip/37888471272/sizes/l

The first picture is a hilltop and a couple waterfalls. Kind of reminds me of the kind of art and photography my dad likes. The colors in the sky are pretty, although I've heard that weird colors in the sky are caused by pollution. There is nice symmetry in the photo.
The second photo is a couple chipmunks (I think) eating an apple off of a tree. Cute little critters. This photo is a lot like one I took of a couple squirrels in a tree.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

If it's cold outside, I'm probably a little annoyed, I might not even leave the car. If not, I'd probably get out, offer help if I could, but I don't really know anything about cars. I'd probably just get on my phone and start checking the news until someone got us running again. If we can't get the car started back up I'd call someone to pick us up.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If there are good drugs available I'm down, otherwise I'd rather go home. I probably wouldn't ask to get a ride home unless it was on the way. I can see my friends getting annoyed with me about something like that.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I don't argue. Everyone has their beliefs. I feel mine are probably more correct and rational... but hearing someone voice a different opinion is not something that would work me up. So no I wouldn't say anything.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am not sure what I would see that would “clash with my beliefs, experiences, and habits.” Someone getting jumped or robbed? That would probably irritate me. I might call the cops in that situation.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Most important values: I guess I'm going to go with honesty, respect and I don't know.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

A:One personality trait that distinguishes me: probably disconnected or calm. I generally never feel like I'm part of the group I'm with. I always feel like I'm just along for the ride... sometimes I feel like an outsider even around my friends. But I generally stay calm and never show my emotions around anyone not in my family. Home is another story.

B: If I could change one thing about myself it would either be that I was more socially engaging or easier able to get day to day tasks done. I would be more social because I think people get the idea that I'm stuck up when they try to talk to me and I'd be less lazy in terms of chores and daily routine because it would be nice to have an organized living space.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Well, if they are overly negative I have tended to get worried and feel the need to do something to prevent whatever event I believe is coming. If they are positive... like a potential relationship, I tend to chase those and try to make something of it.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A: I suppose physical activity “energizes” me the most. Skiing or biking can be energizing. Walking around as well.

B: Not sure what drains me of energy. Probably boring physical activity like walking on a treadmill. Or sitting in on a lecture. And the energizing activities are fun.. that's why they energize me. The other ones are boring and that's why they drain energy.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I never really voice my beliefs, thoughts, or feelings around most people. I don't misrepresent myself and try to act differently, I just keep conversations formal and brief. I don't voice my beliefs usually because I don't care to debate strangers or even people I know.

Reactions: Krayfish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Based on your answers to the prompt, I would say you are Istp ( Ti Se Ni Fe), and not Isfp or Infp. Isfps and infps both lead with Fi, which is driven by personal, subjective values. In your answers to 4, 5, and 6, you said that you don't tend to have strong beliefs, and don't tend to say anything if you hear somebody contradicting your beliefs. You only said you would think your opinion is more correct and logical; that points to Ti rather than Fi, while your wish to be more sociable suggests inferior Fe.
Secondly, you say you are energized by physical activity, and find boring activities draining, which make me think aux. Se. Intuitives don't have a monopoly on daydreaming; I'm an Isfp, and I also daydream a ton :p . You may have tested as an Infp because of tertiary Ni; your answer to question 8 makes me think that you do tend to place some trust in your gut feelings.
Hope that helps!

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
ISxP, though I'm leaning towards ISFP now

I generally test as an ISTP on MBTI type tests, SLI on Socionics tests, and ISFP on cognitive functions tests. I originally tested as an INFP years ago when I first took the test, and I daydream an awful lot so I haven't ruled that type out completely.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

The first picture is a hilltop and a couple waterfalls. Kind of reminds me of the kind of art and photography my dad likes. The colors in the sky are pretty, although I've heard that weird colors in the sky are caused by pollution. There is nice symmetry in the photo.
The second photo is a couple chipmunks (I think) eating an apple off of a tree. Cute little critters. This photo is a lot like one I took of a couple squirrels in a tree.
You make a point of making the pictures subjective and relatable. This is a common tactic among introverts (since they lead with a subjective function), specifically Si and Fi users.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If there are good drugs available I'm down, otherwise I'd rather go home. I probably wouldn't ask to get a ride home unless it was on the way. I can see my friends getting annoyed with me about something like that.
General introversion

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I don't argue. Everyone has their beliefs. I feel mine are probably more correct and rational... but hearing someone voice a different opinion is not something that would work me up. So no I wouldn't say anything.
The way you phrased this sort of sounds more Fi-Te rather than Ti-Fe, especially the part that I highlighted. Passive responses make sense if you have a high 9 fix in enneagram. Fi may also be evident in the way you look as everyone as an individual, though still believe your beliefs make more sense.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

A:One personality trait that distinguishes me: probably disconnected or calm. I generally never feel like I'm part of the group I'm with. I always feel like I'm just along for the ride... sometimes I feel like an outsider even around my friends. But I generally stay calm and never show my emotions around anyone not in my family. Home is another story.

B: If I could change one thing about myself it would either be that I was more socially engaging or easier able to get day to day tasks done. I would be more social because I think people get the idea that I'm stuck up when they try to talk to me and I'd be less lazy in terms of chores and daily routine because it would be nice to have an organized living space.
This all sounds like 9 core in enneagram

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Well, if they are overly negative I have tended to get worried and feel the need to do something to prevent whatever event I believe is coming. If they are positive... like a potential relationship, I tend to chase those and try to make something of it.
A preference for action, especially if you have a 9 fix, I'd attribute to Se.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A: I suppose physical activity “energizes” me the most. Skiing or biking can be energizing. Walking around as well.

B: Not sure what drains me of energy. Probably boring physical activity like walking on a treadmill. Or sitting in on a lecture. And the energizing activities are fun.. that's why they energize me. The other ones are boring and that's why they drain energy.
Se probably

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I never really voice my beliefs, thoughts, or feelings around most people. I don't misrepresent myself and try to act differently, I just keep conversations formal and brief. I don't voice my beliefs usually because I don't care to debate strangers or even people I know.
I think you were right about using Se-Ni. Your relationship to SLI could be attributed to enneagram 9 and/or Fi usage, so I think that ISFP is a distinct possibility. I wouldn't rule out ISTP though.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on your answers to the prompt, I would say you are Istp ( Ti Se Ni Fe), and not Isfp or Infp. Isfps and infps both lead with Fi, which is driven by personal, subjective values. In your answers to 4, 5, and 6, you said that you don't tend to have strong beliefs, and don't tend to say anything if you hear somebody contradicting your beliefs. You only said you would think your opinion is more correct and logical; that points to Ti rather than Fi, while your wish to be more sociable suggests inferior Fe.
Secondly, you say you are energized by physical activity, and find boring activities draining, which make me think aux. Se. Intuitives don't have a monopoly on daydreaming; I'm an Isfp, and I also daydream a ton :p . You may have tested as an Infp because of tertiary Ni; your answer to question 8 makes me think that you do tend to place some trust in your gut feelings.
Hope that helps!
Thanks for the reply!

A few points though....

One of the main reasons I was still considering INFP (and ISTJ) is because I can relate to SI-FI (or FI-SI) loops. Past memories come to me at random times when I'd really just rather forget those moments altogether.

I also believe I'm pretty firm in my beliefs... they are pretty strong, I just don't like to share them with most people unless I know they won't take offense. That might have to do with my enneagram type though... 9's don't like conflict.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

The first picture is a hilltop and a couple waterfalls (Se). Kind of reminds me of the kind of art and photography my dad likes (Do you have a positive relationship with your dad?). The colors in the sky are pretty (Se + Fi), although I've heard that weird colors in the sky are caused by pollution (Se). There is nice symmetry in the photo (Fi-Se-Te).
The second photo is a couple chipmunks (I think) eating an apple off of a tree (Se). Cute little critters (Fi). This photo is a lot like one I took of a couple squirrels in a tree. (Si but it's the worlds biggest stretch)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

If it's cold outside, I'm probably a little annoyed, I might not even leave the car. If not, I'd probably get out, offer help if I could, but I don't really know anything about cars. I'd probably just get on my phone and start checking the news until someone got us running again. If we can't get the car started back up I'd call someone to pick us up.

Fi-N re: the cold - N jumping to a possibility re: the weather, Fi not liking that shit.

Fi-Te axis - focused on if there is something in it for you. Fi envisioning how your friends would perceive your request.

Fi.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I am not sure what I would see that would “clash with my beliefs, experiences, and habits.” Someone getting jumped or robbed? That would probably irritate me. I might call the cops in that situation.

But you wouldn't jump in and help them, or call them out etc ala Fe. Fi, it's a stretch again because I feel you haven't completely understood the question.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Most important values: I guess I'm going to go with honesty, respect and I don't know.

Fi seeking authenticity - generic, but, it's what it wants. Respect = Te usually.

Preference for introversion, and that introversion is Fi.

Fi-Te - you wish could get shit done - at least you're aware of your tendencies to procrastinate. Fi-N in your thought process behind thinking what other people think of you.

Acting on hunches - Fi.

Se.

Fi-Se - you're bored when there isn't any external stimulation occurring, and the things that do stimulate you are physical, sensory activities - obviously Se.

Fi.

I added what functions I think you're preferring in blue - I believe you're an ISFP - really solid preference for Fi as dominant function, you seem to envy what Te can do, and you have a preference for the Se-Ni axis.

Your tendency to daydream a lot isn't related to any cognitive function, it's something we all do, even the most extraverted of the extraverts will do it from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts