Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's me again and I know some of you guys are probably already annoyed that I haven't officially found my type. I know I did a questionnaire when I started but hey, I might as well do another one since I'm still confused about my type. I know I'm some ISXP but I gotta know what that third letter is, whether it's an F or T. Anyways I'm using Turi's Questionnaire for this.

Section 1.
Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts
https://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fungchen/38331642002/
Well, it's some Chinese or Japanese store from what I can say. It could be a restaurant with there's those crates with drinks inside. What can I say about it, well it's making feel hungry and I for sure crave for some sushi right now just looking at it. I mean look at the people in the store they look really interested in the food, so I'm sure the restaurant sure has some nice food inside there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jpr89/26697174689/
Brrrrr, it must be super cold out there with the blizzard over there. Why would you fly a plane in such a stormy weather, look at it, the whole sky is cloudy and stormy. I really like how the airplane though matches colour with the snow though, that looks really good in my opinion. Blue and white always goes together when they're matched in a photo from what I notice. I also like how most of the trees in the front are dead while the trees in the front are quite alive with their leaves still there. Really aesthetic photo.

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

Temple.

Write a short story - feel free to freestyle, or use the picture you chose as inspiration, or the results from your brainstorm, or all of the above, doesn't matter. Just write a short story. Below is a link for writing prompt ideas.
https://thestoryshack.com/tools/writ...mpt-generator/
Hmm Temple.... I imagine a temple in China with all the monks and their shaved heads. They're performing some kind of ritual while one of the monks hit that large loud as fuck gong. Soon the monks start saying their ritual as they meditate to their god Bhudda. I can already picture the humming of the monks in my head along with the sound of the giant gong. The monks are quite skinny since they fast all the time in respect to their God. Soon they do this moving ritual where they perform some kind of dance in respect to the Gods.

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.
I approached this story by just thinking what Temple essentially is. If I recall temple is a holy place where monks and priest pray to the supernatural beings or a transcendent God. Most temples are from Asia so I just thought hmmm, might as well use a Buddhist temple for example and made a story about the monks. Why I said the monks were shaved and skinny is that most monks look like that if you were to look at an image of a monk. Also, whats with the gong? Well most Buddhist temples have a gong, and if you ever heard of those things it's just super loud that they hurt your ears so damn much. But those monks are probably disciplined so they can stand the sound of it. Why the humming? Well because all those monk videos have the monks doing this low pitch hum to meditate, I don't know it is just super weird.

Section 2.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.
Ok, when I talk naturally, I try to use hand gesture naturally to help say what I mean since it kind of helps me to explain stuff much more easily. If you were to see me explain something technically, I would use hand gestures to describe the process of what to do so the other person won't blank out. I always try to make eye contact with the person I'm talking to unless I'm super scared or shy to talk to them, then I would just look at one spot or glare a bit while talking to sooth my fear from talking to this new person. I don't do this as often anymore.

I'm naturally better in one on one communication than group communication because I'm able to talk more. When I'm in a group I tend to be more of an observer rather than a talker and I just listen much more than I speak because I find it hard to say something, it could just be an issue with my social anxiety I have. In one on one communication I tend to talk much more descriptive than in group where I would say a sentence or two, but one in one I can ramble much more. I tend to be impersonal when I talk since I'm not really comfortable talking about really personal stuff unless its a pain in the neck and I really need to get it off from my back, other than that I like impersonal talk since I don't essentially like talking much about personal stuff in my life. What irritates me in communication, when people ignore me and don't answer me, like mate I'm asking you a question don't ignore it, I'm speaking to you.

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?
I like to make decisions on what's best for the situation while still being realistic at some point. Like the best thing we want is for these problems and issues to be solved as quickly as possible and not to be an issue at all when stuff happens. First of all I'll question to myself, "what is the problem?". We can't solve something if we have no idea what the problem is because we'd just give off the wrong answer. After identifying the problem we can continue in moving steps to solve the issue of the problem. My decision can change on what I see though, if I see something isn't right, I would have a gut feeling to suddenly change this decision since I have an idea it will be a bad idea. That's why I would want some kind of flexibility in changing my decision, just in case something I see isn't right and I'll know it won't work out.

Do I like changing decisions, depends really, if it's for the better good then sure, if I don't see any good to the decision change then no.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being

What pisses me off a lot is when people are so oblivious and ignorant to stuff despite the answer being right there. Like Jesus Christ mate your complaining when we gave you an answer and you can't see it. When people also act extremely arrogant and think their the king of the world it annoys me, like step down from your throne your not the best person in the world. I remember my friend was being an arrogant jerk, I punched him straight in the chest without thinking due to pure annoyance. Also what also annoys me are those people who just broke up and suddenly whine that it's the end of the world. Like calm down please, there's plenty of other girls/guys around no need to be suicidal and stop being a fucking baby.

I've never really actually hold a grudge against someone thinking about it, I usually forget and redeem that person if they do some nice deeds that'll make me reconsider them, in which all the people that I did hate did redeem themselves from an act I heard/saw so I don't hate them anymore, but I still don't like them as much.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.
When I was in holidays at Hawaii recently last year May, I just felt so relaxed from that holiday and it was kind of stress free since I was having a break and I had big exams the end of last year. It was so stress free because I could relax in the beach swimming in the nice warm water while experiencing that beautiful sunset. I was just super relaxed and happy while I just starred at the terrain. Some of the most beautiful beaches I had.

There was the this time in this party I attended with my family where I felt just so welcomed when I was talking to the new friends I made. They didn't care about who I was and accepted me, I just felt so happy that I'm not left out at all.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.
Hmm, this is actually really hard thinking about it. Well the best part of my personality I guess is that I can be super nice and welcoming at times despite who the person is. I can't really judge people in front of them since it's really rude and not nice at all unless they're being a complete fucking idiot and they're asking for it. If not I'll be probably the nicest person to you, well I'll pull a few pranks on you and stuff but other than that I'll still be nice to you. I can also be quite forgiving of people if they do the wrong thing, I'll give them another chance to redeem themselves since everyone makes mistakes in the first place,so just make sure they make up for it.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?
Charisma. That trait to naturally attract people is just so wonderful in my opinion. These charismatic people all have fans because of their wisdom on gentle nature. I wish to inherit this charismatic trait so I can naturally attract people so they can follow my guidance and stuff. Would I think it'll balance my personality? Well yes because I'll be able to communicate properly to people.

Leadership is another trait I value in others, do I wish to have it, well not really to be honest.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.
Others see me as too shy and too lazy at times which makes me look like a complete slob. I do agree I'm quite shy at times but I'm certainly not lazy, just a bit scared because of social anxiety.

Section 3.

What is a perfect day to you?
A nice sunny day where it isn't too hot or too cold where I can spend it in the beach or the park. I love being in nature really because I find it really exciting to relax. I wouldn't mind a day in the city or other urban areas to be honest as well since it's interesting, but a day in the beach or forest is more of my cup of forte because of how interesting looking nature is.

What is a perfect night to you?
In my room watching a movie or tv series or me playing a game. Not much I can do outside at night since it's too dark to see anything if I were to go to a beach or park. City is alright though, I don't mind the neon lights around. Reminds me heavily of those instagram photos you see with those urban explorers.

What is your idea of a perfect world?
A rich house in where I don't have to work anymore because I have enough income to pay all the taxes without requiring a job. Also a really beautiful and benevolent wife that I'll care for eternity. If were talking about unrealistically though, a world with no violence and harassment and peace.

What is your idea of hell on earth?
Having no money, having no friends or family at all,being ignored by everyone and a primitive society.

Section 4.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?
Yes, I'm quite aware of what happens around. I can see what are the recent trends in society quite a bit so I wouldn't be called a social hermit. I will notice quite a lot of things when walking around which I can't just ignore. Sometimes I focus too much on that large thing (a beautiful tree) that was on the side of me that I won't focus what is on front of me in where I would accidentally bump into a person or thing. I would say i'm physically aware, just aware of my very immediate surroundings which makes quite a clumsy person since I would focus on something that I have I honestly shouldn't at all.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colours, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?
Absolutely. bring me the city and I'll notice the smell of fried chicken from the Chinese restaurant or the sweet fragrance of coffee from the cafe. I essentially love eating food because of the taste of it. However I only really eat something if it aesthetically looks good for some reason. Like if you were to give me food that doesn't look as appealing I'm not going to touch or eat it unfortunately. Essentially, I love going in holidays because of all the things I see essentially. For example I went to the USA once and went to Arizona and saw the grand canyon. The view was absolutely beautful. It was like a whole another world with the rock formations and stuff.

As for sounds, if we're talking about loud hit music, I can't stop but to jam to it sometimes. I love hearing music that is catchy in beat because of how good it sounds physically.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilise the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?
Ummm not really to be honest.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?
Not really.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert

I can sometimes not be honest with myself and like to pretend to be something else to fit in sometimes. I don't really like to be seen as the odd one out sometimes and I'll blend in at times so I don't get seen as odd or different that'll displease the group. I know it's not me, but sometimes it's the best for the group that they don't find who I am since I don't want to be judged by them because of my thoughts so I best keep being a social chameleon even though it's not really me

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.
Yes quite a bit when I want to be formal, especially when I'm in public and I'm speaking to people I don't know I want to use common courtesy as much as possible. I don't want to be perceived as rude or a jackass in general. As for actively seeking to connect with other people, not really to be honest. But if they're seeking to connect to me I'm more than happy to connect to them and comfort them. I'm not really a confident person to include others in our group and I lead that to others. I'm more of a conformist.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?
Honestly, not really. If people are suddenly arguing with each other I could feel affected as well and I just want it to stop. I don't want people to argue around since it makes me really uncomfortable. I would just walk away to try avoid this conflict, if it's two really close friends arguing I would have no choice but to stop them from arguing with each other since I don't want my two close friends to suddenly become enemies and hate each other.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.
Not really, I'm not that determine to win unless what they're saying is absolute bullshit and makes no sense, then I have gut feeling to tell them whats realistically going to happen.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.
Umm, sorry to them I guess. Maybe their vacuums weren't that good and they deserved to be bankrupt and stuff. In all honesty I give zero fucks about them since it isn't my business at all some company didn't make good profit and decide to become bankrupt, that's their problem and not mine at all.

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

Do you have a tendency to organise the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..
Nope, not really at all, if anything I'm the opposite of this and I may leave my wallet near the sink one day, then on the couch the next day and then suddenly the dressing table on the other day. Serious who the fuck has time to manage all that garbage. I could be doing other things much more fun than classifying stuff to their core. This reminds me of my ISFJ sister who got pissed at me for putting the butter knives with the butcher knives. Like seriously their all knives why does it matter to me at all? Don't get me wrong I want stuff to be placed in some kind of order, but not where there's a slot for every single category, fuck off with that.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?
Holy shit yes, I would rush something so hard sometimes if I don't want to do it at all because I don't want to them all day, I have better stuff to do than waste time and do chores the whole day. I absolute hate it when my parents gave me a whole list of chores because it was a waste of a day in where I could be doing other stuff than washing the dishes or folding the clothes. I want it out of the way.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.
Yep, If they can't do it for shit I'll take over them since it'll annoy me I guess. I mean I'm not a fan of doing chores, but if they have no idea how to do it I might as well take the task because I don't want them doing it wrong and suddenly making stuff worse.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.
I want to have a good understanding of something I heard so it can be more clear to myself. I don't want to misread something and interpret it for something else, so I want to know the concrete definition of it so I don't misunderstand the word in where I would misinterpret it which would cause some problems. When I want to explain something, I want to get straight to the point instead of assuming other stuff and being indirect.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.
Yes, I want to know the whole thing I'm solving first before solving it. I mean what's the point of solving a puzzle if I won't know the full problem and process of it? It'll just be a huge mess and nothing will get solved. I want to have a big picture knowledge of the question before answering it with a big picture question. To find the answer, you must of course find the big problem that cause to the issues, then after solving this you try to find the smaller issues associated with the puzzle. You can't play chess if you don't have this overall plan and idea or else you'd lose and confuse yourself.

Section 5.

Choose 5 images that strike you as meaningful in some way, from wherever you like, and post them up.
This is for visual typists to go to town on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A potent word of advice. Do the big 5 test. It doesn't matter whether you score high or low in openness. But high introversion, low orderliness may indicate that you are an IXXP

Agreeableness and openness are not particularly connected with Se and Te/Te

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
One more thing. People high on Se can have high openness too. That doesn't mean that XSXPs are low on openness as such.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
You’re giving off quite a lot of Se and Fi from this questionnaire. More Se than Fi, but they’re close. Section 1 seems to indicate you have some use of N, but it is not natural for you to use.

I’d agree with either ESFP or ISFP, just based on this. But I haven’t really dissected it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’re giving off quite a lot of Se and Fi from this questionnaire. More Se than Fi, but they’re close. Section 1 seems to indicate you have some use of N, but it is not natural for you to use.

I’d agree with either ESFP or ISFP, just based on this. But I haven’t really dissected it.
Hmm I kind off can be extroverted at times when I'm not feeling anxious and stuff. Now I don't like taking the spotlight and being the centre attention, but I certainly do like being around people. So I might be an Extrovert.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I don't like bumping I'm gonna bump just so i can get more thoughts.

·
Registered
ISTP
1,207 Posts
I read your opening statement and thought F. Sounded so not like me. So if you take responses ignoring the questionaire, that's mine.

Edit: I never ever heard an ISTP ever call themselves a "conformist", lol. Here's a question: Imagine a situation where you would/have respond/ed with "That's wrong". What's the first that comes to mind?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read your opening statement and thought F. Sounded so not like me. So if you take responses ignoring the questionaire, that's mine.

Edit: I never ever heard an ISTP ever call themselves a "conformist", lol. Here's a question: Imagine a situation where you would/have respond/ed with "That's wrong". What's the first that comes to mind?
Brutal actions against people, like extreme violence where people get hurt and killed. That’s what came into my mind first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ISTP
1,207 Posts
There you go. Value-judgement at its best. If you're curious, I can't think of the last time I used it that way. My answer would have been something like finding an equation that says 2+2=5.

Whatever you are, in my books ISTP is not it. More like your opposite. Sorry I can't be of more help, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts