Personality Cafe banner

It is frustrating to an ENFJ when....

[ENFJ] 
Tags
enfj
7K views 35 replies 28 participants last post by  yesiknowbut 
#1 ·
Sometimes it seems to me that with this much influence there comes a price. Almost a responsibility...So, I thought I would share something that really frustrates me and see if any of you ENFJs out there experience the same thing or have other frustrations.

My Frustration: When I am seriously processing something....(going through all the possibilities, cause and effect, random chances, possible emotional fall out, environment, weather, color of the sky, time of day...ect..ect..) I get really quiet and people around me complain. They complain that I am not "happy" or that I am too quiet. I have had people who have said that they depend on me to bring up their spirits. They ask me if I am OK over and over, and will not take "Yes, I am just focusing" as an answer. Most of the time I generate a lot of energy. My mood affects everyone around me, and I am aware that lowering my output can cause a dip in morale, but lord...it is exhausting!

Some days I do not want to be the cheerleader, one person support group, or the one that enables everyone else to get a boost or level out. Somedays,...I just want to be held or left alone to figure it out.

Yes?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I have done that too! It is almost like if I walk into a space/environment and it feels "stagnant" or "empty" I feel like I have to move it or fill it with something stimulating. BUT....If the space/environment is already flowing or highly stimulating I tend to relax and watch. The only time I am lost is when I have been absorbed by some subject, complication, or drowning in emotional turmoil. To which, (like all ENFJs) I can find the lesson or silver lining, and talk myself out of being mopey or emo, thus saving myself from cutting my wrists with blades of grass.

:D

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am experiencing it today in fact ...*smile*
I often feel guilty when I am angry because my brain naturally involves itself into a process of what I am responsible for, what the other person may be experiencing that caused the situation, and a belief that time can heal anything. However, while I am doing that I often forget to express that energy the "feeling" generated, and then all it takes is one more vulnerable moment to send me off a deep end.

Most things I can handle...but the belief that I can handle things is exactly what sets me up for days like today...
*sigh*

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Well Thank You! I appreciate it :D I took my own advice and directed my angst into a walk.

Question: When ~you~ (all of you lovely ENFJs) get really upset/super emotional...Do you ever feel like your body gets tight and you feel like you need to walk, or wring out in some way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.