Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is your turn for revenge.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the northern lights shot. Not only does that seem like a hard shot to get, but the composition of the cafe girl shot is terrible. She's not framed well and it is way over exposed on the left side.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am an extremely deliberate and competitive person. I want things to be perfect.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I kind of like the person I am? I'm not sure how I should answer this. It implies there is something lacking. I have a hard time not being frank with people and it generally hurts feelings and makes people think I'm being mean when I'm not trying to be. At the same time I would not want to be someone fake. I cannot stand mincing words and I cannot stand people who lie to me. The number one thing that bothers me is being fake. You know, I would really like to be less lazy actually. I am much faster at learning things than others and have been able to skate by barely trying. It bothers me that there is such a waste of effort. This is something I work on with myself personally.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think people think I'm cold or heartless. They are right in some regard, but not in all regards, or for the wrong reasons.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I find the most important thing in life is to be yourself. I know it is extremely cheesy, but after everything is said and done did you do what you wanted to do or did you try to imitate someone else? I don't mean inspired so there is an influence. I mean trying to be something else because that thing was popular or successful so now you have to bow down to it. Music is really terrible with this. People don't know what they want. They need to be told what they want. You can either be the person giving the world something only you can, or you can be a copy. History is full of examples of geniuses being rejected only to change the world. I mean, imagine being the guy who said no to The Beatles and that guitar groups were "on their way out".

Another one would be loyalty. Loyalty is one of my highest values. Treachery is the 9th circle for a reason.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I plan everything out for years. My school, career, girlfriend, where I'll live, etc. are all planned out well in advance. I have a particular goal I want to achieve and I am very good at predicting the future. However, life can be annoying random and new situations mean I have to math out my life again. I have gotten very good at planning for contingencies though.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I guess it depends the stressor. I like to believe I can handle stress better than others. I actively criticize people and put myself in positions that people can criticize me. I also put myself in positions that lead to me being seen and being torn apart by anyone. I have been in car wrecks straight faced.

Okay. What stresses me out is small talk. I do not approach people at public gatherings unless I know them. In fact I avoid large groups because of this sort of thing. I am very bad at being mild. So in some ways, yes, I can handle things that should stress people out with a straight face, but when it comes to socializing, that is a nightmare. I HATE having to say "yep things are things. yep everything is going good. okay. that's cool." I still look okay, but on the inside I'm dying.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I can be very talkative in an enjoyable situation. I have very intense thoughts about things. This is generally if I am with people I am very comfortable with and arguing about something or talking about something extremely political or philosophical.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I have already mentioned it, but I will elaborate on group interaction. If it is small talk, I don't talk. If it is a project I usually end up having to be the one in charge unless someone else volunteers. I will always prefer to do everything alone or with one other person I trust.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

I have extremely controversial views on this that I would rather not get into here. For lighter stuff, I don't celebrate my birthday or holidays.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I assess if the authority is good or not. If the authority is good I am very happy and will comply. If the authority is terrible, I will fight against it and be the most vocal. Authority is extremely important as order could not exist without it. I normally do not fight for a position of authority, but I do love control so I wouldn't say no.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Order means predictability and chaos means unpredictability. I prefer to be able to predict everything and I get frustrated when I can't.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I have thought about this since answering the enneagram thing because on it I said I basically don't fear things or there isn't something that came to my mind even though you could say fear motivates everything. I guess I fear being wrong. I put so much effort into predicting outcomes and being right about things and I have taken the stakes very high for myself that being wrong would be the end of it. I morally question myself everyday since my views are so extreme that if they are wrong then I would be extremely wrong.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire to have my predictions come true. I want to be the best version of myself. I think if you have read up to this point, you understand.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I think arguing energizes me most. When I don't argue something out I write up manifestos on people and actually send it to them and their boss (or just them if they are the boss I don't care.)

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I think I know my type, and maybe some of you have seen it under my name before the recent website renovations. However, I could be wrong. Also, I have responded to many threads on this board and I thought it would be fair to lay myself on the table. I don't know if it feels one sided or not having me give my opinion on so many people while not being open for it myself.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I think I have said a lot already.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
@The Last

Reading this. If I try to dissect each question and then give that a cognitive function then I will reach different possibilities. However, reading this as a whole I can come to something.
This is to say you are not trying to force a narrative to the reader, meaning what you say is genuine.

My conclusion was either ENTJ or ESTJ, a fairly mature one at that. You seem connected to your Fi.
I would say some would argue against ESTJ because you mention a few times that you plan for the future. But, I would argue that ESTJ does the same thing, they also plan, however they are trying to prepare themselves for the future so as to not be lost in chaos. ESTJs view chaos as unpredictable and so want control over this because it causes anxiety within them, you touch on this.

·
Registered
INTJ
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't want to say what I thought to spoil it, but I don't know if other people will reply or when. I think I'm INTJ because I'm fairly withdrawn, but sometimes I wonder if ENTJ because I use Te so much even if I'm not outgoing in any way.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the northern lights shot. Not only does that seem like a hard shot to get, but the composition of the cafe girl shot is terrible. She's not framed well and it is way over exposed on the left side.
This just screams Te to me.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am an extremely deliberate and competitive person. I want things to be perfect.
Probably a J type.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I kind of like the person I am? I'm not sure how I should answer this. It implies there is something lacking. I have a hard time not being frank with people and it generally hurts feelings and makes people think I'm being mean when I'm not trying to be. At the same time I would not want to be someone fake. I cannot stand mincing words and I cannot stand people who lie to me. The number one thing that bothers me is being fake. You know, I would really like to be less lazy actually. I am much faster at learning things than others and have been able to skate by barely trying. It bothers me that there is such a waste of effort. This is something I work on with myself personally.
This seems INJ to me. Se inferior imho makes INJ types constantly feel like they're underperforming. Overall, this gives me INTJ vibes more than anything.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think people think I'm cold or heartless. They are right in some regard, but not in all regards, or for the wrong reasons.
xTxx

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I find the most important thing in life is to be yourself. I know it is extremely cheesy, but after everything is said and done did you do what you wanted to do or did you try to imitate someone else? I don't mean inspired so there is an influence. I mean trying to be something else because that thing was popular or successful so now you have to bow down to it. Music is really terrible with this. People don't know what they want. They need to be told what they want. You can either be the person giving the world something only you can, or you can be a copy. History is full of examples of geniuses being rejected only to change the world. I mean, imagine being the guy who said no to The Beatles and that guitar groups were "on their way out".

Another one would be loyalty. Loyalty is one of my highest values. Treachery is the 9th circle for a reason.
Ni rants baby. Wouldn't be an NJ type me thread without one.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I plan everything out for years. My school, career, girlfriend, where I'll live, etc. are all planned out well in advance. I have a particular goal I want to achieve and I am very good at predicting the future. However, life can be annoying random and new situations mean I have to math out my life again. I have gotten very good at planning for contingencies though.
Ni for sure.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I guess it depends the stressor. I like to believe I can handle stress better than others. I actively criticize people and put myself in positions that people can criticize me. I also put myself in positions that lead to me being seen and being torn apart by anyone. I have been in car wrecks straight faced.

Okay. What stresses me out is small talk. I do not approach people at public gatherings unless I know them. In fact I avoid large groups because of this sort of thing. I am very bad at being mild. So in some ways, yes, I can handle things that should stress people out with a straight face, but when it comes to socializing, that is a nightmare. I HATE having to say "yep things are things. yep everything is going good. okay. that's cool." I still look okay, but on the inside I'm dying.
This leads me to believe Ixxx more than any other answer.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I can be very talkative in an enjoyable situation. I have very intense thoughts about things. This is generally if I am with people I am very comfortable with and arguing about something or talking about something extremely political or philosophical.
Ni dom makes sense for this.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I assess if the authority is good or not. If the authority is good I am very happy and will comply. If the authority is terrible, I will fight against it and be the most vocal. Authority is extremely important as order could not exist without it. I normally do not fight for a position of authority, but I do love control so I wouldn't say no.
This suggests pretty strong Te. I could see why someone might say ENTJ from this response.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Order means predictability and chaos means unpredictability. I prefer to be able to predict everything and I get frustrated when I can't.
xxxJ

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I have thought about this since answering the enneagram thing because on it I said I basically don't fear things or there isn't something that came to my mind even though you could say fear motivates everything. I guess I fear being wrong. I put so much effort into predicting outcomes and being right about things and I have taken the stakes very high for myself that being wrong would be the end of it. I morally question myself everyday since my views are so extreme that if they are wrong then I would be extremely wrong.
This just seems like a very IJ response.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I think arguing energizes me most. When I don't argue something out I write up manifestos on people and actually send it to them and their boss (or just them if they are the boss I don't care.)
Te. I could see this indicating ENTJ too.

I'm definitely leaning INTJ. I could see ENTJ too though.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts