Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been interested in personality typing for a long time, but recently I started looking up some stuff and I found this wonderful forum. :) I saw some very interesting topics so I decided to join.

So, a little bit about myself:
I'm a girl, 21 years old, and I come from Belgium. In my everyday life I am a game development student. I like games, the internet, music (listening as well as playing/singing), reading, writing, painting/drawing, cooking and learning new stuff! :)

Before my studies in game development I studied Latin-Greek, because i like languages, poetry, and philosophy. I don't really use it anymore because my love of games and computers drove me in a different direction, but I've learned a lot about storytelling and I loved it, so I don't regret it at all ;)

According to a test I did about 2,5 years ago, I am an INFJ and when reading up on it I can identify very well so I think it fits me. In Enneagram I am not really sure, I get typed as 5,9,4 and sometimes even 1, but I can identify most with a 5w4.

I'm in a happy relationship of 2 years with my ISTJ boyfriend. I couldn't find a lot on this topic but for us it works really well! :) We've never had a fight and we can talk really well. Our biggest difference is the way we "feel" things, but even though we're different, he listens to me and can comfort me when I feel down. I don't think he understands my feelings all the time, but often I don't understand myself either, so that's okay. We're very happy and love each other more and more every day, that's the most important thing! :D

I'm here to learn more about other personalities and the dynamics between them. I have a lot of friends/family members with completely different typings, so hopefully I can provide some useful advice. :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :D

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Miralci and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Miralci. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Banned
954 Posts
Hi all!

I've been interested in personality typing for a long time, but recently I started looking up some stuff and I found this wonderful forum. :) I saw some very interesting topics so I decided to join.

I'm a girl, 21 years old, and I come from Belgium. In my everyday life I am a game development student. I like games, the internet, music (listening as well as playing/singing), reading, writing, painting/drawing, cooking and learning new stuff! :)

Before my studies in game development I studied Latin-Greek, because i like languages, poetry, and philosophy. I don't really use it anymore because my love of games and computers drove me in a different direction, but I've learned a lot about storytelling and I loved it, so I don't regret it at all ;)

According to a test I did about 2,5 years ago, I am an INFJ and when reading up on it I can identify very well so I think it fits me. In Enneagram I am not really sure, I get typed as 5,9,4 and sometimes even 1, but I can identify most with a 5w4.

I'm in a happy relationship of 2 years with my ISTJ boyfriend. I couldn't find a lot on this topic but for us it works really well! :) We've never had a fight and we can talk really well. Our biggest difference is the way we "feel" things, but even though we're different, he listens to me and can comfort me when I feel down. I don't think he understands my feelings all the time, but often I don't understand myself either, so that's okay. We're very happy and love each other more and more every day, that's the most important thing! :D

I'm here to learn more about other personalities and the dynamics between them. I have a lot of friends/family members with completely different typings, so hopefully I can provide some useful advice. :)

Is there a God?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If only we knew ;) I tend to describe myself as agnostic. I don't know. There might be, there might not be. I'm not a religious person, I just try to live well and treat everybody with respect. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello there INFJ :) I hope you'll like it here, I've been lurking for some time and it seems to be full of smart , capable people. It's interesting to see another INFJ in a NT dominated profession, your Ti must be really well developed! Also, I'm glad to see another example of NF-ISTJ relationship going well, one of my INFP friends keeps asking me about the dinamics of the pair. Overall, I hope you'll enjoy your time here :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe thank you! :) I didn't know game development is an NT dominated profession, but the again, I'm still a student. From what I've seen there's really a lot of variety! Some of my friends (all gamedev students):

INFJ: I'll start with myself. I like programming because without it, you can't make games, but to me it is more of a tool. I like the challenge of programming too but I don't see myself doing it on a daily basis. I really like art/3D too. It's just cool to make something that you can show off a bit ;) Most of all I like ideas: game mechanics, worlds, concepts, characters. My dream is to become an indie-developer so I can do a bit of everything :)

ISTJ: My boyfriend. He's a programmer and doesn't really like the more artsy stuff. He did however made a painting of us for our second anniversary. He took hours, days to make it, but it was really awesome! :) But in general he's a full-blood coder.

INFP: The other boy I live with. He's a lot like me: big ideas, loves brainstorming, dreaming up concepts. Like me he's a blend between coder and artist. Our main difference is that he thinks even bigger and can't stay grounded. Sometimes I have to put his feet on the ground again and then he's a bit grumpy, but in general we get along very well.

INTJ: Here's the NT! :) A good friend of mine but with strong, unbend-able opinions. He started out as a programmer but now he's more into 3D. He loves the "evil mastermind" stereotype, but deep inside he's very lonely and watches a lot of feels-anime eating ice cream and crying silently. (true story)

ESFP:
About the only other girl in my gamedev social circle. She's a real artist. Hates programming and maths. We get along okay, but she's often exhausting to me.

ISTP: This one is a bit odd... He's doing development (so mainly programming) but he doesn't like it. Sometimes we think he's just lazy as he always procrastinates. He's a pretty good artist though. Like I said: a bit weird.

EN(F/T)P: Not sure about his type anymore. We were close friends but he left after 1,5 year. He was a really good programmer and didn't want to invest time in drawing at all. Now he's studying some cross-media thing (web design, animation...) but what he really wants to do is become a movie director.

Haha, what a weird bunch we are together! :D
@imanonmd: If your INFP friend (or yourself) has any questions, I'm glad to try and answer them ;) And about the Ti: I'm still a newbie in the cognitive functions, so I have to look it up. Nice to meet you by the way! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi all!

Welcome to PerC! :D

·
Banned
954 Posts
If only we knew ;) I tend to describe myself as agnostic. I don't know. There might be, there might not be. I'm not a religious person, I just try to live well and treat everybody with respect. :)
Hang around this forum long enough and you will discover that the correct answer is "No." Welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
Hi all!

Welcome!
A word of caution: on types, they are not straightjackets. And in any type, there is the option to do what one wants to do regardless.
Types are observed behaviors that change with the situation - people are flesh abd blood, loving, hating, happy, sad, and much more than can ever be contained in the very limited MBTI framework.
People can be observed, never defined.
Again, welcome and have fun! That, and learning a bit,it is what this social network is about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've only just discovered by personality type. I'm a guy, 20 years old, student. Do you guys find that you have alot in common all the other INFJ's in this forum?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Hi guys, I've only just discovered by personality type. I'm a guy, 20 years old, student. Do you guys find that you have alot in common all the other INFJ's in this forum?
In some ways yes in terms of what motivates my actions and behaviours towards others, other ways not so much with maturities coming into play (the forum has quite a few College age people not necessary old soul aged) and self expression offered without seeking to appease others; often a long winded 'me too' or 'this is what I'd do' helps others in some small way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! What's the introvert/extrovert situation like in Belgium? :)
Thank you! On your question: I'm not sure I understand it completely, but I think it really depends on the group you're in... At high school I was an outcast, at university I have the feeling I fit in more, but that's more because of the interests than the personalities I think. In general, I've never had problems with being introverted, except with my family that doesn't understand that sometimes I just want to be alone. And one year in high school I had a teacher saying I should be more assertive (but I was having a very bad year in a lot of ways then, so it makes sense). All in all, I guess it's a bit like the rest of the western world where extraversion is more "appreciated", but I personally never encountered big issues :)

Welcome!
A word of caution: on types, they are not straightjackets. And in any type, there is the option to do what one wants to do regardless.
Types are observed behaviors that change with the situation - people are flesh abd blood, loving, hating, happy, sad, and much more than can ever be contained in the very limited MBTI framework.
People can be observed, never defined.
Again, welcome and have fun! That, and learning a bit,it is what this social network is about.
Hi there! You are completely right and I couldn't agree more! However, there are patterns that can be observed ;) But indeed, everyone is different and I have no intention on generalizing people :) Just here to learn and help out where I can :)

Hello and welcome too! I haven't been around for long so I don't know well enough, but when hanging around on the INFJ-forum, you'll probably encounter topics you can relate with. Well, I did ;)

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
Hi, how are you? Welcome to this place; I hope it will be meaningful to you in lot's of pleasant ways! See you on the forum.

Reactions: Miralci

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my everyday life I am a game development student.
Hi, I'm also INFJ. :) Please tell me more about what it is like to be studying game development! For right now I have chosen to pursue film for myself... I like the idea of motion graphics/design as a medium of art. Mostly I want to be the post production/editing person. lol. I'm in community college; so I have a year before finally transferring to a four year school next Fall.

I love languages as well. And have been with my guy over 2 & 1/2 years, since I was 17 years old (albeit on and off but hey it is what it is)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, I'm also INFJ. :) Please tell me more about what it is like to be studying game development! For right now I have chosen to pursue film for myself... I like the idea of motion graphics/design as a medium of art. Mostly I want to be the post production/editing person. lol. I'm in community college; so I have a year before finally transferring to a four year school next Fall.

I love languages as well. And have been with my guy over 2 & 1/2 years, since I was 17 years old (albeit on and off but hey it is what it is)
Hey there! So, what is it like to be a game development student... Well, it probably depends a lot from school to school, but it's very intense. In our course, the studying wasn't too difficult (at least for me it wasn't, but I was used to studying a lot in high school), but you're constantly working. We had 2 or 3 deadlines a week. Some teachers were/are hard and really try to break you. (They call it "preparing you for the industry", but a lot of students don't agree on this.) So, bad part: really hard and you have no social life left. If you still try to keep your sleep schedule, you better work your ass off and don't relax too much.

However, I've learned a lot! I will now start my 4th year (normally it's 3 years, but I split it up due to my study having too much impact on the relationship with my family. I was really stressed out.) and I am able to do a lot of the game development pipeline: 2D/3D art (modeling, texturing), programming, using different game engines, level design, game design... So that's very cool.

There are schools that have specific VFX courses (our school will be offering one too starting this year), but I don't have experience with VFX. There are a lot of subcategories, that I know ;) We visited some companies this year in London, including some VFX-companies. Really cool too, but games are just my thing :D

I'd say, look it up on the internet, try to find students who went to those schools and ask how it's like there :)

Welcome to you too by the way, see you around ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts