Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Late this afternoon, (Sunday) I was browsing the aisles in a local store (BigLots), killing some time. After I exited the store and went to my car in the parking lot, I noticed that there was someone inside my car r i p p i n g m e o f f ! I must of left my car doors unlocked. I really don’t keep very much inside my car that is worth stealing, but these days I guess they’ll steal anything.

I confronted the individual from a distance, a young man, kind of a white trash looking kind of person. He bailed out of my car and immediately jumped into his car which was parked right next to mine. He had a passenger with him, a chick, probably his girlfriend. I yelled at him to give me all my stuff back. I didn’t know exactly what he had taken, but I saw him holding onto some of my stuff. So I issued a warning, if he didn’t give all my stuff back I’d slash his tires, I can, since I always carry a pocket knife. He hesitated, so I started popping his tires. His girlfriend started throwing my stuff back out of their car and I hurried to pick it up while trying to determine exactly what all they had taken. He then decided to make a getaway and started up and put it into gear. I told him, no way dude I’m following you. I jumped into my car and took off after him. He wasn’t able to fully get away from me and blew through stop signs and red lights even going the wrong way down the other side of the street driving up on the edge of the sidewalk etc, but I continued my pursuit. He eventually lost control at an intersection and slammed into a stop sign and a then a light pole. Way cool, just like on TV. Anyway the car ended up wrecked wrapped around the pole and I was satisfied. Other witnesses to the crash stopped to help, so I continued on my merry way like nothing ever happened. Their’s was a nice car too, a fairly new and absolutely clean and shiny Mazda.

One of the things that they stole from me was a digital camera which I did retrieve, but when they threw it out of their car it landed hard and broke. Darn, it was brand new too, I just bought it like only two weeks ago! They messed up pair of sunglasses, but those only cost $15. There is more to the story, because I did decide to contact the police just so I wouldn't get into any possible trouble for leaving the scene of the crime, etc. The police took a report and asked a lot of questions. The driver and passengers of the car bailed, they got away but you should have seen the car. Oh well, live and learn. It was a much harder and expensive lesson for them than it was for me!

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
So I issued a warning, if he didn’t give all my stuff back I’d slash his tires, I always carry a pocket knife.
Issuing a warning -and- it was only the tires you threatened to slash.. who ever said you aren't a nice person. ; P

:laughing:

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Issuing a warning -and- it was only the tires you threatened to slash.. who ever said you aren't a nice person. ; P

:laughing:
I'm quite serious, when I say it I mean it. No second chances. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot or stab someone if my life depended on it, but I might not be able to get off with stabbing someone just because they stole some stuff out of my car.
Darn jerk, he broke my camera. I was really pissed off after I found out my camera was broken. I guess I'll have to go and buy another one tomorrow.
Believe it or not this is the second time in the same exact parking lot that I've had a confrontation with a thief. Last time it was a shoplifter and I made him give up the stolen merchandise too!

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Believe it or not this is the second time in the same exact parking lot that I've had a confrontation with a thief. Last time it was a shoplifter and I made him give up the stolen merchandise too!
Time to pick a new place to shop! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What was he thinking running away from a ISTP?...not going to happen especially in a car...:crazy:

Reactions: Darner

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I went and bought a new camera this morning, a Panasonic LUMIX. Just (another) small camera to keep in the glove box of my car. Hope this one doesn't get stolen too. I like to keep a camera in my car in case I come across anything interesting or unusual. I sure could have used a camera to take pictures of the perps and the wrecked car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great story, AEIOU. :happy: I actually had a thief situation this past weekend too...

I'm not normally confrontational at all, but on Friday my guitar was stolen out of my house (long story)... it took me a few minutes to figure out that it was stolen, and then another few to decide what to do... I jumped in my car and raced up the street to the nearest pawn shop. The guy that stole my guitar was walking out of the pawn shop counting money right when I pulled up - and I sped right up to him, slammed on my brakes and laid on my horn (he about pissed himself). Jumped out and screamed at him, "Where the fuck's my guitar?!" After a short screaming match (where he lied to me and said my guitar was on my porch) he, of course, bolted - dammit I wish I was more on my feet, because I so could have taken him down if I was quicker.

Anyway, found my guitar on the counter in the pawn shop, called the cops, there's a warrant out for this guy's arrest, and supposedly I'll get my guitar back within 30 days.

It's a fucking $1,200 Martin acoustic, and the pawn shop gave him $150 for it.

I rode on the adrenaline from that for the rest of the day. It was kind of fun - altercation in a parking lot, breaking speed limits, almost running some piece of shit down in front of a pawn shop, dealing with cops... but, really, I would have been equally fine if nothing bad at all had happened on Friday.

AEIOU, maybe you should keep the new camera on your person, so you have it around to photograph the next thieves that rifle through your car :happy:

·
Registered
889 Posts
^^^That's how pawn shops are, the thieving bastards.

I agree with not keeping anything valuable in the car.

Last year I had to a situation where some jackholes drove around until they found my house because I refused to street race them and called them "ricers" for not giving up on it. I guess I embarrassed them in front of the rather large white trash women in the back seat of their super cool, bone stock, Eclipse. These guys each outweighed me by a good 60lbs. and looked like they wanted to kick my ass, while they rev'd the piss out of their engine right in front of my house. They ran at least two stop signs when they saw the gun in my hand (yes, it was loaded and had a round in the chamber) as I walked out on the porch to have a chat with them about the error of their ways.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Holy shit! Two detectives just brought my Martin back! That only took... I guess four days, it was stolen Friday.

The cops said they CALLED the guy that sold it to the pawn shop, he turned himself in this morning, and the pawn shop is out the $150 they gave him (sucks for them, they could've sold it for $1,200). It's intact, no scratches, nothing's missing from the case.

I'm a bit shocked that they brought it right to me, and so quickly. They told me I was "lucky" - no, I was "smart". I tracked down the fucker at the nearest pawn shop (didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out where he was heading), and caught him as he was walking out the door with the cash he got for my guitar. That's not luck, that's action.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Holy shit! Two detectives just brought my Martin back! That only took... I guess four days, it was stolen Friday.

The cops said they CALLED the guy that sold it to the pawn shop, he turned himself in this morning, and the pawn shop is out the $150 they gave him (sucks for them, they could've sold it for $1,200). It's intact, no scratches, nothing's missing from the case.

I'm a bit shocked that they brought it right to me, and so quickly. They told me I was "lucky" - no, I was "smart". I tracked down the fucker at the nearest pawn shop (didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out where he was heading), and caught him as he was walking out the door with the cash he got for my guitar. That's not luck, that's action.
Outstanding!

They probably would've sold it for around $500-600.

·
Registered
247 Posts
^^ actually, the cops told me that the dude at the pawn shop said they were gonna slap a $1,000 price tag on it. The model above mine just sold last week for $1,400 - used, at a pawn shop! Freaking Martins hold their value, I guess.

·
Registered
300 Posts
^^^That's how pawn shops are, the thieving bastards.

I agree with not keeping anything valuable in the car.

Last year I had to a situation where some jackholes drove around until they found my house because I refused to street race them and called them "ricers" for not giving up on it. I guess I embarrassed them in front of the rather large white trash women in the back seat of their super cool, bone stock, Eclipse. These guys each outweighed me by a good 60lbs. and looked like they wanted to kick my ass, while they rev'd the piss out of their engine right in front of my house. They ran at least two stop signs when they saw the gun in my hand (yes, it was loaded and had a round in the chamber) as I walked out on the porch to have a chat with them about the error of their ways.
Made my day :laughing:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
last time someone stole anything from me, I put them in a coma, so like yeah.

Honestly those scum don't deserve to live but that is how I view things, I prefer my wild west justice XD. Its either that or cut off their hands, which would work too, but id rather permanently get rid of asshats like those two who robbed ya.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts