Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I believe this is truly an effective means to type someone, or usually lend much credence to the opinions of others, but I'm bored and figured why not.

When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? The process of putting it together, or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas?)

I don't really come up with ideas, I just try to get the job done. Feel it out and figure it out, as I go. I guess I'm happy, when it's done, especially if I don't give a shit. Then I just want it to be over with. Sloppy work doesn't matter, so long as it's out of my way.

Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)

Almost assuredly. Don't bullshit a bullshitter, as they say. If you tell me something, I will either entirely discredit it, or need to verify it for myself. I'm sure other people love that.

Would you say you make decisions quickly, or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

If indifference is a decision. For some reason, people that get close to me, usually end up coming to me for help in making their decisions, or to make their decisions for them. If it's something impersonal, but still a fairly big deal, like an expensive purchase, I'll do my research, make sure I can do what I want with it, see what the experts have said about it in reviews, what kind of troubles people have had with it, etc. If it's something personal, and a big deal, I'm just fucked. I'll disappear from the world, rack my mind for a month, and still screw it up.

Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

Not really. I've lived in the past a lot, and I have a mind like a steel trap for every single slight people have committed against me, but I wouldn't say I was nostalgic or sentimental, at all.

Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?

Definitely. Hell, even part of the reason I came to be an atheist, is because I refused to answer to anyone, yet alone an invisible deity. My ideal of freedom, which is important to me, is the ability to do what I want, when I want, how I want.

When watching a film and critiquing it, do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)

I critique based on realism or holes in the plot or story. For instance, I was watching The Hills Have Eyes, the other day, and when they were carting the bodies off, I thought "For dead people, in a desert, they certainly aren't pale or deteriorated. Not to mention, they seem awfully flexible for dead people." I do that kind of thing a lot, even when watching things like zombie movies, which pisses me off at myself. "Hey, that's not realistic! Wait a minute! It's a zombie movie dumbass, what part of that is realistic in the first place? Oh, yeahhhhh. Hmmm." Speaking of zombie movies, I'm pissed, that no one has ever explained how they know not to attack each other, or why they don't. On the other hand, while I'm usually fond of the villains, if I'm watching a movie, where they're trying to escape the killer, I get pissed off, when a) they have a chance to disable the killer and they just knock him out and run and b) there's a realistic ending, and the killer gets them all. If I wanted a shitty ending, I'd watch the news or go watch a rich guy/celebrity get tried.

When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid. Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?

Yeah, usually. I like to have a reasonable sounding explanation for everything, and even if I hate the person, if someone is attacking someone else, I'll take up for them and try to give a possible explanation for their actions. If it's a one-on-one argument about something impersonal, though, I usually just argue the other person tired or completely fail to listen to them.

Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?

I guess not, as I'm having trouble thinking of one possible example.

Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you, or are you thick skinned?

This is a tough one to answer, because I'm hypersensitive to slights, being used, being under appreciated, or being taken advantage of. I don't suppose that's really criticism, though. I hate being told what to do or what's good for me, though, and some of that might be. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but it inspires resentment and anger, which I'm not terribly good at masking.

Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?

Hop into it, see what I can figure out. Then go read up on stuff, online, to fine tune my knowledge. That's my usual approach.

When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (Sort of in a Seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?

Eh, when my social phobia is up, but I'm usually pretty uncouth and ill mannered, spouting off curse words at will, spitting dip everywhere, and wondering if that guy is looking at me, because he wanted to die today.

In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

No. I might let a friend cheat off me, but I'm not offering help to anyone. Do it yourself. Though, I do like to show off my competency and share my knowledge, when I know about something.

Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project, work, etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?

Nope. I bitch about practically everything, but apparently not this.

How does your average day go in general?

My life is usually too chaotic to say. I deal with shit as it comes, and have gotten quite used to expecting the unexpected.

What things do you value the most?

Power, control, competency, being right, being listened to (as in people doing what I say), being respected, being free to do what I want, how I want, when I want, humor, fun, and a little excitement, now and again.

What things regularly bug you?

Even though I like being a rock for other people, I gotta say when they become completely reliant on me, it starts to annoy the piss out of me. When people don't listen to me, it annoys the piss out of me. When things don't go my way. When shit doesn't work out the way it's supposed to. People who can't drive. Pretty much everything.

What do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others?

Value: A sense of humor, sarcastic wit, cleverness, being fun, carefree, and uninhibited, someone who isn't hung up on morals or following all the rules, but has some form of integrity, a strong sense of individuality.

Repulsed by: Pretentiousness, snobbery, prudishness, judgmental people, people who are afraid to take any risks, break any laws, or try anything new, bossy people ('cause that's my role), buzz kills.

Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?

I have a lot of views, not commonly shared by others. I'm not afraid to speak those views. I have almost no conscience; my moral compass is completely busted. I have a love/hate relationship, with other people. I like being around them, but I don't trust any of them, as far as I could throw them. Though, they are pretty fun to throw.

Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?

How is this question any different from the one directly above it? Fine, I'll answer, anyway. Most other people hide things, that I don't think twice about sharing. Most other people seem more afraid to own their "dark side" or to admit, that they aren't saints. They care too much for the opinions of others. I need to be impressive to people, but I don't give a shit if it's a negative or a positive one.

What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths: I'm reasonably intelligent, remarkably resilient, competitive, fiercely protective, emotionally independent, damn good in a crisis, usually good at spotting other people's ulterior motives, fairly competent, fairly confident in my abilities, damn good at solving problems, even other people's personal problems.

Weaknesses:
I'm crazy...lol I'm emotionally off the deep end. I don't give a shit about other people's feelings. I'm abrasive, harsh, and blunt, usually without even realizing it. I'll mow you down in a competition. I can be manipulative, conniving, ruthless, and cutthroat, to get my way. I fucking hate losing. I hate making errors, that make me look stupid. I can become incredibly aggressive and violent, when provoked. I'm always pissed off. I can be domineering, aggressive, assertive, ruthless, and merciless. I'm vindictive, if you cross me.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I would say ESTP.

Reactions: Everyday Ghoul

·
Banned
405 Posts
Big bad wolf there is no way you are an estp because you are not an Se dom in my eyes. You are too elaborate to be an Se dom and much too abstract in your thinking style and communication with others. You know my vote, i'm almost inclined to say I'm dead certain you are an entj. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
The exit outside of my mind is back there to your left. That whole thing is just about exactly what I would've written. (Ok, so maybe I actually spent 15 seconds skimming it, so I may have missed a detail or two....).

Damn. Whatever type you're assigned is the one I might claim. heh

EDIT:

2 ESTJ votes?? uhhh, never mind. you're on your own. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I will take a shot since I feel I know a bit more about you than I know others on here, I was thinking xSTx but leaning towards ESTP more, kind of like we talked about. Take that as you will :wink:

Reactions: Everyday Ghoul
1 - 10 of 10 Posts