Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
649 Posts
Not necessarily. Friends aren't forever. It may seem that life is easier to handle with having somebody at your side to confide in or keep you company, but its all temporary.

·
Registered
17,196 Posts
I certainly feel a helluva lot better when I feel someone appreciates who I am.
Some people I intend to make an effort to know for the rest of my life just because they are exceptional human beings who I connect with brilliantly with conversation. It can be bloody hard finding someone who I love talking/listening to at times when i'm so locked up in my own home.
But when someone new pops up and they're fantastic, well yeah life does have the sun shining a lil brighter for a little while at least.

·
Banned
18 Posts
We are social creatures. Isolation for extended periods of time is cruel. That's why solitary confinement really destroys people.
I like my lonesome days. Nobody to explain myself to. But yes, it's nice once in awhile to catch up with a friend or two.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've always found life difficult because I didn't know who my true friends were.
I sometimes feel the same way even now. I've been a lone ranger feeling the need to release my emotions any way possible.

·
Registered
404 Posts
A great friend can be fantastic.

Problem in my case is that I've moved around a lot, so I have a lot of shallow relationships.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I call it "part-time buddies" :) I often was way to disappointed, when they left my life, but... thats life :O

·
Banned
649 Posts
Don't listen to her, it's not true!
Looking back at my post, I kind of feel like a dick for saying that and I should've re-worded what I thought. I can see how life would get easier and seem to lighten up after making a friend, but if that friend leaves, the whole perspective of life can shift over the other way. Especially if you needed that friend in order to hold up that view of life before. Life may seem to get easier from making a friend, but if the friendship breaks, life may suddenly not seem so easy anymore. What I basically meant was that the whole thing cancels out..unless the friendship made lasts. And as far as I know, most friendships don't last forever (unfortunately).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts