Registered
675 Posts
Laugh tracks remind me why I don't watch sitcoms. 8|

Reactions: Spooky

·
Registered
675 Posts
Crowds remind me that stupid people breed. :crazy:

But, seriously, those laugh tracks kill whatever comedy there is. It just reminds me that somewhere out there some schloemoe wants me to laugh at his mediocre actors, stilted plot, and desperate writing at exactly the right moment. "To hell with comedic timing, I have a laugh track!"

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crowds remind me that stupid people breed. :crazy:

But, seriously, those laugh tracks kill whatever comedy there is. It just reminds me that somewhere out there some schloemoe wants me to laugh at his mediocre actors, stilted plot, and desperate writing at exactly the right moment. "To hell with comedic timing, I have a laugh track!"
Couldn't have said it better myself. Who needs an opinion of your own when you can borrow someone else's?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Conversations about laugh tracks always remind me of M*A*S*H*.

They had a standards and practice rule that wouldn't allow them to use the laugh track in the O.R.

Funnily enough it was because the show was being forced to use a laugh track.

there are entire episodes where the only jokes that are taking place are said In the O.R. and the dramatic portion of the show was outside the O.R.

That's right, Entire episodes without laugh tracks. some of their better episodes as well.

I agree with the comedic timing comment above. there are shows today that don't use laugh tracks that really on script and delivery that are pretty damn good in my opinion. but shows that tend to use laugh tracks use them less like a crutch and more like a wheelchair.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You gotta love network television and those hungry jackal executives lol

Did you know that if a program is filled with a live studio audience, it's not uncommon to have professional laughers sit there and laugh longer and louder than average to get the crowd going?
Amazing.

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
4,838 Posts

Did you know that if a program is filled with a live studio audience, it's not uncommon to have professional laughers sit there and laugh longer and louder than average to get the crowd going?
Amazing.
That'd definitely be an interesting job to have though I wouldn't be able to do it since my laugh is inaudible.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Conversations about laugh tracks always remind me of M*A*S*H*.

They had a standards and practice rule that wouldn't allow them to use the laugh track in the O.R.

Funnily enough it was because the show was being forced to use a laugh track.

there are entire episodes where the only jokes that are taking place are said In the O.R. and the dramatic portion of the show was outside the O.R.

That's right, Entire episodes without laugh tracks. some of their better episodes as well.

I agree with the comedic timing comment above. there are shows today that don't use laugh tracks that really on script and delivery that are pretty damn good in my opinion. but shows that tend to use laugh tracks use them less like a crutch and more like a wheelchair.
The Office is a great example.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I hate friends. It is one of the stupidest trends known to hit TV. The only good thing it had was Mrs. Cox.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Amazing.

Gallagher uses some.

Pretty nice guys.

Met them when I was working a performance as a stagehand.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Gallagher uses some.

Pretty nice guys.

Met them when I was working a performance as a stagehand.
I believe it. I'd think they would be nice to have a laugh infectious enough to get everyone else going.

Reactions: DreamingAngel

·
Registered
525 Posts
I believe it. I'd think they would be nice to have a laugh infectious enough to get everyone else going.
Especially at a gallagher "concert".

Reactions: BackInYellow

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow. The Friend's one came across as being a little tense, lol. Without the track Phoebe came across as being slightly arrogant, which is the complete opposite of her character. It's weird how the vibe changes.
I always thought Phoebe was arrogant.

it's one of the reason I liked her so much.

there was one episode where she is playing with Monicas doll house.
and she has a ghost because the hose was built on Indian Burial Ground.

and A giant animal because it was built on a nuclear waste site and one of the other characters said that it would never happen.

and she replies "you don't know the American Government that well"..

she was talking about hanford , washington.

and not being very nice about the fact her friends didn't know about it.

theres more.

Reactions: BackInYellow
1 - 20 of 66 Posts