Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Don't feel bad. It took me something like 3 years to get a strong handle on the cognitive functions.

And another 3 to realize how little it matters.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I can relate.

What I find frustrating is you think you understand the cognitive functions...then something pops up that unravels everything haha.

Though I've only been at this for a year now, not to mention I'm in my early 20s, still live at home I have not yet had the chance to live independently in my own way without external expectations directing the way I 'should' be. Really I have yet to have any real life experiences to challenge me, my sense of self and who I am.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know that I'm an INTP based on myself as a whole. But I can't separate my thought process into categorizes and be able to tell which function I'm using.

They are too mixed together. They are my perspective, which to me is singular.

I think INTP may be the easiest type to determine. Maybe. Because INTPs are kind of odd. They are kind of opposite in every acceptable way of society and notice that they are different early on,, and their type description kind of acknowledges the multitude of differences.
It gives them a point of reference.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Introspection isn't easy for everyone.

You should just live, and observe how you react to things. Once you understood functions well, you'll be able to notice them everywhere (it's quite odd). Those patterns are just present in everything. Self-reflexion needs some time, because you can't base your judgment on your actual mood. Just live normally, and watch externally who you are.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Introspection isn't easy for everyone.

You should just live, and observe how you react to things. Once you understood functions well, you'll be able to notice them everywhere (it's quite odd). Those patterns are just present in everything. Self-reflexion needs some time, because you can't base your judgment on your actual mood. Just live normally, and watch externally who you are.
Conversely I think too much introspection can also cause confusion when trying to identify functions through analysis paralysis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.