Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the hashtag #PeaceDayChallenge and this site: Peace Day Challenge | International Day of Peace September 21 and I kind of laughed ironically. I mean, spot on: it says "TAKE ACTION." Right! We ARE called the Peacemakers, but that really is our Peace Day Challenge, isn't it-- to TAKE ACTION at all! We're like the only people who have to be MORE aggressive in order to promote true peace!

I mean, when your whole LIFE is seeking peace, a special day to do so seems redundant, but hey, we could probably use the reminder that ACTING will bring more peace in the long run than just letting things go.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The more I think and learn about being a 9, the deeper I go, the less and less "peace" has anything to do with it. Especially being oftentimes "peace" is in direct opposition to what's around you. That's why I go with "harmony" more.

but yeah basically I agree with you obviously (I think I always do), action brings more peace in the long run especially for us :)

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
good grief, must be chaotic internationally for there to be a need for a day in its service, internationally

·
Registered
184 Posts
I too see no necessity for peace in the Nine. I see the absence of war in there, as war means "organized violence", both of which is energy intensive activity. Peacebuilding is effort, too. Most probaby pointless effort. I think Nines like "natural" states which is close to harmony.

The natural state in reality is sadly conflicting interest, so withdrawel or consesus is the option of choice. This is what the nine is.
I think what the nine does when it is called peacemaker is retreat or show consensus where none is assumed.

But when withdrawel is not possible, conflict turns into something more serious. So the acitivity is turning this conflict to war and turning war to "peace" is both activity.

My typical instinct in these discussions is usually: these problems will sort themselves out, but rarely with peace. As long as i am far away, i can live with that. Peace making/keeping/building rarely works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts