Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

I've been interested in personality type and Myers-Briggs, which branched off in other directions, since I was 18 years old. Now I'm 30, but I am still learning more than ever. A few of you may know me from TypoC, but it could be interesting to meet a new community with different people and gain new and different perspectives.

Quite honestly, type has always perplexed me - and I guess that is why it has held my interest for so long. When I first took the test and trying to impress my psychology teacher when I was 17, I tested ISTJ (I wanted him to think I was hard-working, diligent, serious, competent, and concrete, because he was the same way). A year later in college, I took it 'for real' and got INTJ several times - until I was 24 and started traveling. In the space of two years, different aspects of my personality came to the fore, and I shifted over that time to ENFP. Now I've pretty much settled on ENFP, and everyone else has as well due to my occasional crazy goofiness. Yayz.

Anyway, professionally I'm an ESL teacher in Germany. I enjoy my job particularly because I deal with several different kinds of people, allowing me to learn a great deal from them as well in a variety of different fields. In addition, I'm returning to university in October to continue my studies and get a master's degree in Applied Linguistics, a fascinating subject, and perhaps I'll start a blog to help me study and share what I've learned both theoretically and through personal language teaching experience.

In my free time, I spend quite a great deal of time alone even though I wouldn't necessarily call myself introverted now. However, I need my time alone or I freak out. Usually this time alone is still spent interacting with others in some way because my brain needs constant stimulation, or I get supremely grumpy.

Of course, that includes spending time with my husband - we'll go out for walks in the woods or around in nature; we'll go to museums or zoos or whatever; we often just sit together and tell crazy stories to each other, which is a way we sort of daydream and use our fantasy, and we bring out the crazies in each other. It's fun - it makes up for the times when I am serious and concentrated, when I look really grumpy just because I'm focusing.

Hmmm....yes, I enjoy physical fitness somewhat - at least I'm disciplined, it's something I have to do. And I enjoy reading books, watching movies, listening to music, participating on forums, learning new things, traveling (although I don't have the time/money anymore, really - too bad).

And since I'm a freelancer and self-employed with about 4 different language institutions employing me, well that's about all I have time for.

So I look forward getting to know all of you and learning from you. I hope we can mutually gain more knowledge and insights. Thanks a lot.

- Carolyn

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Little Linguist and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Little Linguist. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome to PerC.

Reactions: Little Linguist

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa...great holy balls of fire!

Your personality test gave me:

Your personality type: "Dynamic Thinker"
Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Careers that could fit you include:
Business executives, CEOs, organization founders, business administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, judges, lawyers, computer consultants, university professors, politicians, credit investigators, labor relations workers, marketing department managers, mortgage bankers, systems analysts, scientists.

Tip: Place the mouse cursor over the bars for explanations of the terms.

No, just, NO!!!

(I mean, that would be cool and quite neat if that were the case, but, no).

I mean the description is highly accurate except for the CEO part, but I'm no NT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess that's supposed to be from your "killer Te" again?
Hmm? Killer Te is going GRRR and rattling the cages without me realizing? Or are you being facetious?

Sorry I am kind of clueless when it comes to that sometimes, so better to ask and be sure.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was taking from your little profile phrase on TYPOc, to explain why you would come out as such as a "Thinking" type on this test you mention. Yeah, not being all that serious, but that's what would seem to be a possible explanation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was taking from your little profile phrase on TYPOc, to explain why you would come out as such as a "Thinking" type on this test you mention. Yeah, not being all that serious, but that's what would seem to be a possible explanation.
Yes, not quite sure. But the way the questions were phrased, my Te was definitely demonstrating its terrifying claws like RAWR.

Could also be that I'm mentally pumping myself up to finish a project I need to get done, so Te is rising.

Not Hannibal Rising. But Te Rising. And the latter is scarier.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
thats an awesome username you thought up! i hope you enjoy your stay at the forum!

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Yes, Hannibal Rising is much more scarier!

Welcome and Enjoy!

Reactions: Little Linguist
1 - 19 of 19 Posts