Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Spades for making the questionnaire. It's fun to fill these kinds of things out. To summarize, I'm conflicting between the personality types INFP, INFJ and ISFJ. I've gotten equal amounts of results from online tests, but then again, online tests aren't very reliable. So, I'm hoping maybe someone can help?

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not that I know of.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I can't post links or photos on the forum without 15 posts, so ... that's a bummer.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

First, I would be super confused and ask what is going on. I'd probably watch as people get out and to see what's going on outside of the car. If a certain amount of people get out to check it out, then I'd probably get out too out of curiosity, maybe offer to call someone to help. If someone has a panic attack or gets angry, I'd help them out. Overall, I would just act normal. I'm not the type to panic in situations.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I'd probably feel super exhausted and out of energy from being active in the stuck-with-a-car situation (and I get motion sickness, so I would not feel good, even far after a single car ride). I mean, I don't want to go, but at the same time, why not? At the party, I think I would just sit around the corner or wall and try to regain the mental energy that I lost. Of course, I don't drink (or at least I don't plan to), so I tell the driver that I can drive instead if they want to drink. I mean, might as well since I don't want to have fun. I don't want them to be left out or anything.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I'd be kinda bothered about it, but I'd ignore it. I have horrible esteem, so I wouldn't really stand against anyone. Plus, I don't really like debating with other people, so I'd rather not start it.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It just depends on what it is. If it's just something that is spoken verbally or written on a poster, I wouldn't do anything about it and just ignore it. I'd probably tell some of my friends about it too. However, if it were something physical ... like bullying or harassment, I'd stand up.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

One of my most important values is that you'll never understand someone because you've never seen their whole story, so you can't tell them what to do or judge them. This includes judging someone as "good" or "bad", or giving advice to other people. I came about determining this because there's so, so many people who don't know the full story to things and end up judging people from it. Like ... "That man with those tattoos is horrible for getting those tattoos", but the full story is actually, "I got these tattoos because my daughter loved birds, but she died at a young age a long time ago, so to remember her, I got these tattoos." I ... don't think anything can change this particular value.

Another one is that no one is truly "bad". I always find ways to stop myself from hating/disliking people or things. Like ... for example, there's a person who picks on another person. I would probably think something like, "What is that person is very stressed out and the only way to feel better of their self is to do that?" So, I wouldn't blame the person. However, I'd hate their actions. I don't hate people their self, but rather, their actions. I guess you could say there is always a reason why people do things.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

To Question A: I think my perspective abilities is what distinguishes me from everyone else. Using "perspective", I'm able to see how people think and feel about things. As stated in Question 6, I use perspective so I can at least get myself to see the good in people and not hate them. (And no, I don't hate people like Justin Bieber or Sam Peppers, so it's that crazy.)

To Question B: I guess ... I would change a lot. I would change myself to become more assertive so I wouldn't be scared to tell anyone anything. I would change myself to be more honest so that way, I don't have to pretend to be anyone. I would change myself to become a lot stronger so I won't be the left-over mess I am right now. I also guess ... I would change the fact that I'm boring.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I don't really have those feelings, but when I do, I get paranoid. I start to react and think about things differently from the hunch/gut feeling. Mostly, they're triggered whenever I see someone acting a bit differently. Like ... if someone were acting a little less energetic and they assure that they're okay, I'd probably have a little gut feeling they're not okay and act more gentle and caring to them for a little while.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

To Question A: For starters, sleeping and eating, you know, because it's things humans do to get energy. I guess doing things I like gives me more energy, so drawing, writing, singing and talking with close friends because, well, I like to do them.

To Question B: When it comes to helping other people with their problems -- from venting to giving a little nudge in the right direction -- I get drained mentally pretty easily. I don't know why. It's probably because I'm super weak mentally.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I hide everything from everyone, believe me. I don't tell anyone (except one certain person) about any of my personal problems, no matter how tough or hard they are. I've become a good liar, in fact. Anything that involves my own opinion or makes people worry about me in the slightest, I hide. I guess because I don't want people to waste time on me like that.

If you need any additional information, I'll be happy to add on. Thank you for reading and helping!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd rule out INFJ for you, I don't know about INFP though, but considering your answers to questions 8 and 10 I'm inclined to think you're not an INFP. I've read lots of Questionnaires filled out by INFP's and they have a certain 'feeling' about them, which I didn't felt when I read yours.
I see a lot of Si in your answers, and it looks to me that you prefer Fe over Te, ESFJ is less likely than ISFJ. Chances are you're an ISFJ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts